It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London 2012: Thousands of hotel nights made available (to the public, for Olympic games)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Thousands of London hotel rooms no longer needed for Olympic officials, media, and others during the games have been put back on sale to the public.

About 600,000 room nights were booked by the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games (Locog) but now more than 120,000 are no longer needed.

They were booked under a deal back in 2005 at more than 200 hotels, from budget to five-star. A tourism spokeswoman said the availability was a "timely boost". As part of the bid to stage the London 2012 Games, agreements were struck by Locog with hotels in 2005 to provide rooms, representing more than 600,000 room nights over the two weeks.

The allocated rooms are to provide accommodation for the world's media, International Sport Federations, the International Olympic Committee, people working at the Games and sponsors. As part of these agreements, Locog agreed to return any unwanted rooms back to the hotels so they could sell them in time for the summer of 2012 - which they are now doing.

The number of rooms being returned to the hotels equate to about 20% of hotel room nights initially reserved in London

Not by any means posting this to thicken the fear-mongering stew of ATS threads regarding the 2012 Olympics in London but this article is interestingly coincidental to the alleged agenda that many folks have claimed there is. So many rooms available to the public. Then there was this in the article:

Mr Quest added that, along with the rooms in Greater London, there will be 75,000 more in the South East and within travelling distance of London.

This will mean there will be

"more available rooms than any Olympics has ever had"

I am sure the 2012 Olympics will have a huge turn-out. I just wonder where all these "official" people will be staying now, or have they significantly been downsizing Olympic officials, media, and "others" and no longer need all those rooms?

Article Source
edit on 1/29/2012 by UberL33t because: Added source article

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think the costs must be horrendous, London being one of the most expensive cities in the world, thus the downsizing. I can imagine the prices for everything are going to be jaw dropping during the events. despite the recession going on. I wonder how ordinary London residents are going to cope.

edit on 29-1-2012 by fockewulf190 because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Now why would so many people who are closest to these events, choose to be elsewhere while the Olympics themselves are going on? I would think that reserved blocks like this would be filled without exception. If nothing else, the balance that isn't going to staff as rewards after the necessary people are taking care of would be priceless as something to give and use in the trade of favors.

Hmm.. So many are uninterested in being in London eh? They don't expect trouble we aren't being told about do they?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's a bit sinister. Last year we were getting flyers through our door urging us to rent our houses out to visitors for the games at ludicrous sums of money (£900 per bedroom per night). Now there are 120,000 less hotel rooms needed.

Either somebody in charge made a very expensive blooper in adding up how many rooms were needed, or a shedload of people decided to stay away.

While I do think that something may happen, I am reliably informed that the security at the venues is amazingly tight, even for the construction workers.

I live about 15 miles away, so hopefully should be ok, which is a bit selfish.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by persianista

Security is tight around the charlotte douglas airport but that didnt stop a 16 year old from sneaking onto one of the planes wheel wells. Could you imagine what a trained operative could have achieved? So i would recomend being careful friend.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It says in the article that part of the agreement made was that any unwanted rooms would be returned to the hotel in time for the hotel to rent them out. It sounds to me like they simply overbooked on purpose to be on the safe side, and now, as per their agreement they are returning unwanted rooms.

but yeah, there has to be more to it than that... I'm going with a government planned reptilian strike.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq

I don't know about a reptilian strike per se but the information does coincidentally tie in to all the hype surrounding the 2012 Olympics and an alleged false flag that is supposed to take place. The topic is in plentiful supply on ATS.

I haven't personally bought into a false flag operation occurring by any means because I would like to think that "we the people" are not that naive. This story however, more the coincidence therein as it pertains to the aforementioned topic on ATS is what prompted me to post it.

Coincidence due to over booking?

Perhaps, but if enough coincidences are posted in the same place one can weave them all together to see the bigger picture within a tapestry of conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Here is a link to a thread with a good youtube video about the supposed false flag attack that could happen.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

At least give credit to the proper person. You know, the guy who started this whole 2012 Olympics/Zion theorizing.

Rik Clay.

Google Video Link

Sheesh.
edit on 29-1-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

I really don't care who started the whole thing. I was just trying to bring the thread to the attention of the OP. Sorry if it bummed you out. My bad.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311

I really don't care who started the whole thing. I was just trying to bring the thread to the attention of the OP. Sorry if it bummed you out. My bad.

Why apologize to me? It's not me this is about. It's the bigger scope of things. You don't care because you are clueless in most things you do...I'd wager that much at least(for one, yer in the military).

Ah like you would understand even, never mind, can't be bothered to explain it to a zombie.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

And I take it that you judge people over dumb things like a single picture or a few words. I just feel sorry for your narrow minded ignorance. You know absolutely nothing about me. Your obviously one of those, Oh he's in or was in the military so he must be a stupid brainwashed zombie kind of people. I'm guessing that your overall insecurity over whatever, is the reason for jabbing at people like me on here. I'm sorry that you are the way you are and I do hope that you open your eyes and think before you word vomit on here again. Oh and if you want to keep jabbing at me feel free. I AM A UNITED STATES MARINE so theres not much you can say that will negatively affect my outlook on life.So please have a nice day and enjoy your life.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I AM A UNITED STATES MARINE

You are a man of flesh and blood. A human. Enjoy further delusions at your own risk.

PS.

Rik Clay "suicided" correct? Well, a couple years later the Iranian Islamic regime pretty much copies the Rik Clay documentary and uses the information and symbolism Rik Clay discovered. Kind of ODD but seeing as how you "don't care" I did not bother writing this down first.

PPS. I do not judge like that, I just observe specific patterns. So you being in the military + not caring + "IM A MARINE RAAAA", those things fall into certain patterns. Take care.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

So where does this pattern lead? I am seriously curious. I certainly wasn't trying to bash the guy, I do know the story. And being proud of what you are is not deluded, It's called pride, and yes I have alot of it as do all Marines. Now you don't know my whole story. You don't know where I have been or what I have done so yes, you are judging me. You have no idea what my beliefs and opinions are. I could sit here and claim a pattern I see with you but I will take the higher ground on this one. So yeah, please tell me where my pattern leads since you are the expert on who I am and what I believe. Judging me the way you have is as dumb as me saying that you support drug cartels because of your screen name. Now that would be just stupid right? Well think about it becuase judging me (and yes you are judging me) over a few select words is just as dumb. Anyway, I really hope to hear what you think. peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Suicide huh? Im surprised it wasent the usual bullcrap like a drug overdose. Well i guess thats the cost of truth, death. May he rest in peace.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Illuminati game combined disasters card:

Notice the colours of the clothes the people are wearing. Notice Big Ben. Notice the no. 1 removed from the clock. It all fits in with this OP and others.

There is a conspiracy to stage a terror event at the London Olympics. If we inform enough people about what we know then we may be able to stop this.

PLEASE spread far and wide!
edit on 4-2-2012 by chemistry because: adjusting youtube URLs

edit on 4-2-2012 by chemistry because: spelling mistake

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

So where does this pattern lead?

Good one. I don't know but whatever it is, it's not pretty...at all. Why would Iran(of all places), scoop up this kind of stuff?

Judging me the way you have is as dumb as me saying that you support drug cartels because of your screen name.

You just said it yourself... "drug cartel"...that means the word cartel has nothing to do with drugs except for what you imply with it. There are labour cartels, union cartels, business cartels...all kinds of cartels. Why drugs?

Now that would be just stupid right? Well think about it becuase judging me (and yes you are judging me) over a few select words is just as dumb.

I am not even judging you, re-read last reply.

PS. I have my own private respect for certain characters who join the military and certain characteristics of the military. So once again, I'm not judging, merely stating observations.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Thats not bigben thats the wako clocktower in japan. Combined disaters card=earthquake+tsunami+fukushima reactor.

Hmm i just saw the part about the colors matching the olympic rings interesting. So truly these disasters might go hand in hand.
edit on 4-2-2012 by vaelamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

So where does this pattern lead?

Good one. I don't know but whatever it is, it's not pretty...at all. Why would Iran(of all places), scoop up this kind of stuff?

Judging me the way you have is as dumb as me saying that you support drug cartels because of your screen name.

You just said it yourself... "drug cartel"...that means the word cartel has nothing to do with drugs except for what you imply with it. There are labour cartels, union cartels, business cartels...all kinds of cartels. Why drugs?

Now that would be just stupid right? Well think about it becuase judging me (and yes you are judging me) over a few select words is just as dumb.

I am not even judging you, re-read last reply.

PS. I have my own private respect for certain characters who join the military and certain characteristics of the military. So once again, I'm not judging, merely stating observations.

You've obviously misunderstood me, No surprise there. I said it would be stupid to compare you with a drug cartel because of your name. Just an example. You really thought I Meant that about you. Did you eat paint chips as a kid? And when did I bring up anything to do with Iran? I don't care about Iran because I don't believe they are a threat. (You probably thought I was just another brainwashed fool screaming Bomb Iran, Let's go to War. come on, you know you were.) And the observations that you are stating are based off the judgement of myself on your behalf so again, Yes, you are judging me. I re3ally do feel sorry for you. I could sit here and make all kinds of "observations", ( aka, Judgment.) about you but I won't because I don't know you. All I know is what I've seen from this thread and that is not enough for me to asign judgment to you.
For all you know I may carry simaler beliefs and ideals as you. You just immediatly chose to follow your prejudice misconceptions and start an argument with me. Maybe your just bored, I don't know but either way I'm through. I am a grown up and have better and more important things to do. Good luck in your future endeavours, and I wish you and your family the best of luck in the troubling times to come. Peace.

top topics

join