It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone come across this "UFO" propulsion method before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I haven't posted in a while, but I thought this french site was pretty cool and might explain glowing triangles and other UFO type sightings. The site is really old circa 2000, but the key thing is you can test the experiments for yourself.

Basically the author is saying that you can use plasma as thrust. The link to the Nasa test results pdf is now broken but searching for the code AIAA 98-0328 brings up a lot of results, again mostly dead or behind a paywall.

The key names that keep coming up are
•Roth, J.R., Sherman D. M. and Wilkinson S. P.: “Boundary Layer Flow Control with a One Atmosphere Uniform Flow Discharge Surface Plasma”. AIAA Paper 98-0328, Proc of the 36th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting & Exhibit Reno, NV, Jan. 12-15, 1998.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Anyway, here's a snippet, but the site (although amateur) is full of ideas.

The ARDA Mk4 "FairyStar" is the begining of a new serie of flying wings which uses the OAUGDP technology ( One Atmosphere Uniform Glow Discharge Plasma ). This is a first step towards a design of the full scale GDP Wing profile which will be used in a future ARDA Flying wing. In the ARDA "FairyStar" design the wing uses a OAUGDP panel as a thruster covered by a glow discharge plasma at high voltage and at high frequency. A kind of GDP panel has already been successfully tested by the NASA Langley Research Center by Roth and Wilkinson and a full report has been presented during the 36th Aerospace Sciences Meeting in Reno (January 1998) and also in my lab on December 21th, 1999 ( see the Glow discharge plasma skin tests ).

Here's a couple of thumb pix from the site

You can read more about it at jlnlabs.online.fr...

You can also make ball lightning in your kitchen by clicking on here which is what I was really after in the first place.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

Besides my own theory's on plasma fuel, for a photon engine on a flying saucer --- Zorgon.... might have posted a few diagram's that you posted in this thread.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Q: UFOS

A: Plasma

I'm a little tired and weary of posting links about the connection of plasma to everything ufo. It doesn't get a lot of attention around here.

Shame though, because NASA itself has an intense interest in plasma physics for propulsion purposes and beyond.

It's a very interesting and, imo, worthwhile study to combine plasma and ufos as search terms.

Cool OP.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Great post thanks.

It is all about the plasma

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
this is old technology my brother , but interesting post nonetheless

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

I'm a little tired and weary of posting links about the connection of plasma to everything ufo. It doesn't get a lot of attention around here.

Shame though, because NASA itself has an intense interest in plasma physics for propulsion purposes and beyond.

Cool OP.

And not a lot of attention from scientists except as a power source once a craft is free of gravity. People seem to be stuck on needing a thrusting "something" to fly on Earth or in space. That is pre-historic thinking. As I have said and will say time and time again, the UFOs cancel mass and we do too with the triangles (and probably other applications of that principle).

Why is it so hard for people to latch onto that simple, seemingly correct theory manner of motion? Is it too difficult to envision a craft that creates a field around itself that cancels mass? Good lord, we see that function in about every science fiction film. We talk every day here about various kinds of cloaking devices, utterly unthinkable a year or two ago. Let's get real here with the real meat of UFOs. If I were to suggest that a hand-held device could be made to shrink the Moon to fit in the palm of my hand, that would be too ridiculous, but not so about canceling mass? If you see the antics of a real UFO, it takes no imagination, merely acceptance.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

It does on some sites.

edit on 29/1/12 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

It does on some sites.
Hit me. You never fail to contribute quality. PM if'n you'd rather. Hope all is well your way. I need to check your profile and see what I've missed lately.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Likewise mate, I don't think I could say I've ever seen anything but quality contributions from you. I hope you're faring well.

www.electrogravity.com...

Good site. About three quarters of the way down the page are some links to material relating to UFOs. Plasma through electrogravitics are well worth a look.

Alternatively, I think there is some material in The Living Moon, Pegasus files. We will soon have some layman discussions up and running where you are also a member I believe. I'll drag you over when the topic comes up.

I really should start a thread on the link to UFOs but if you do then that is conversation up and running. I have so much to catch up on.

edit on 30/1/12 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Plasma is still just a four-dimensional means of propulsion. It's still just a means of moving through Space... Which is NOT how you travel around a Universe so vast that even Light Speed isn't a meaningful velocity.

To travel interstellar and intergalactic distances within a meaningful time frame (like, well within a Human lifespan), you'd have to travel so fast that you'd never be able to contact those people you left behind. Which means you'd be starting civilization over EVERY TIME you reached a destination.

See what I mean?

Let's say you were able to floor it to a billion times the speed of light... After two seconds at this speed, the human species that you left behind is EXTINCT. Oops. So YOU'RE IT... You're the sole representative of the Human species, a billion years in the future.

Sorry, but that's how Einsteinian Physics works. The faster you travel in Space, the slower you travel in Time. Time Dilation would keep you forever young, but the rest of your species would die off. So you'd have to keep SEEDING Humanity, wherever you traveled.

My point is, four-dimensional Space travel aint gonna work in the long run, I don't care WHAT propulsion system you use.

Ultimately, we're going to abandon four-dimensional space travel — sooner than later, as a matter of fact. So we may never even attempt to build all those wonderfully quaint "starships" such as the USS Enterprise.

More than likely, we'll end up teleporting Doppelgangers of ourselves to far-flung destinations, and by "far-flung" I mean so far away that the USS Enterprise couldn't get there at Warp Ten for a million years.

A technology based on Quantum non-local simultaneity would blow EVERYTHING out of the water, rendering all forms of four-dimensional travel hopelessly obsolete.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeskoWhirligan
A technology based on Quantum non-local simultaneity would blow EVERYTHING out of the water, rendering all forms of four-dimensional travel hopelessly obsolete.

I completely agree.

However, we don't know how UFOs get here or where they all come from. They may not arrive/manifest by interstellar travel or use electrogravitics/quantum propulsion to get here. There could be other ways as you suggest. They might even have a more local origin or arrive via some form of time travel or little understood inter-dimensional gateway/technology.

That is not a reason to ignore the clue that plasma is to the type of propulsion many UFOs look likely to be using. For a start any novel form of propulsion is worth pursuing as it may lead to free/cheap energy and release from energy bondage for humans.
edit on 30/1/12 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
However, we don't know how UFOs get here or where they all come from. They may not arrive/manifest by interstellar travel or use electrogravitics/quantum propulsion to get here. There could be other ways as you suggest. They might even have a more local origin or arrive via some form of time travel or little understood inter-dimensional gateway/technology.

That is not a reason to ignore the clue that plasma is to the type of propulsion many UFOs look likely to be using. For a start any novel form of propulsion is worth pursuing as it may lead to free/cheap energy and release from energy bondage for humans.

I think UFOs may and likely do originate from right here on Earth. I think we Humans share this planet with at least two other highly advanced, albeit reclusive species with their own technologies. All credible evidence points to this likelihood; it is disinformation on the part of TPTB that diverts our attentions to "extraterrestrial" and "alien" explanations.

If our ultimate goal is "free energy," there are numerous ways to achieve that objective without firing rockets into space or wasting billions of dollars on manned spaceflight, which is a dead-end pursuit.

We can power a civilization much larger than our own using GeoThermal energy alone... Electricity, mass transportation, environmental control, all of that is easily obtainable without pursuing space travel.

In fact, the only reason to leave the Earth is to spread our species around a bit, because all our eggs are in one basket right now. A major extinction event could wipe us out pretty easily unless we establish some viable colonies on the Moon or Mars and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.

Hey, that's about 10,000 years work with our present technology.

Unless, of course, our cohabitors choose to rescue us from extinction. Which seems likely, since they created us and they seem fairly interested in our progress.

I wouldn't worry about Space Travel, if I was the Human race, because it's gonna be many centuries and probably thousands of years before we become interstellar voyagers.

As for UFOs utilizing "plasma technology," I'm not seeing that. I think that UFOs employ some sort of technology that might create plasma as a by-product — the way our internal combustion engines create heat and water vapor as by-products — but I don't see utilizing plasma as a propulsion technology in itself.

edit on 30-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think the first name on the article is John Reese Roth. Former University of Tn prof. He was a plasma "expert".
However, has been in prison for illegal export of technical data to China.

www.fbi.gov...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Popular Mechanics did a write up on external combustion propulsion.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeskoWhirligan
As for UFOs utilizing "plasma technology," I'm not seeing that. I think that UFOs employ some sort of technology that might create plasma as a by-product — the way our internal combustion engines create heat and water vapor as by-products — but I don't see utilizing plasma as a propulsion technology in itself.

That's why I said plasma being a CLUE to the propulsion type.

Where did you spring from? How come I don't remember you?

Originally posted by draknoir2
Popular Mechanics did a write up on external combustion propulsion.

Yes, I remember Mark Pilkington trying to explain it lots away using the TR3-A and a few others in Mirage Men. I like the book and it does highlight the spooky minefield but it aint the whole story for me.

Mirage Men: A Journey into Disinformation, Paranoia and UFOs: The Weird Truth Behind UFOs

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You guys will love this - here is the proof of advanced energy and propulsion systems of UFOs that the American government has had for years! The military is already using the high-tech stuff. open.salon.com...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Why is it so hard for people to latch onto that simple, seemingly correct theory manner of motion? Is it too difficult to envision a craft that creates a field around itself that cancels mass? Good lord, we see that function in about every science fiction film.

No it's not hard to envision such a thing ever since this guy named Gene Rodenberry made some obscure and forgotten TV show in the 1960's.

It's about as likely as me going to bed with a hot green skinned Orion slave girl tomorrow. Well, just a little less likely than that.
images2.wikia.nocookie.net...

It's hard to imagine it actually being true since there is no concrete physical evidence despite decades of work and tens of thousands of scientists examining how the world works.

Where's the beef?

new topics

top topics

join