It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Satan is so Powerful

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Perhaps Satan is so powerfull because people give him so much credit. The old saying "the greatest lie the Devil ever told was that he doesn't exist." Could have been perpitraited by this same being. Last time I heard Odin wasn't that powerfull due to lack of worship and mention. Maybe give Satan the same respect and he will just disapear into myth like the rest of the fairy tale creatures.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
All god has to do is say, "hi guys here I am" and this lie you speak of is done for.

So far theonly one putting in any effort at all is satan.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Are you a Christian, or are you a Satanist
I don't know who I am or what I am, I am.....

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by diamondsmith

so truth is more dangerous than the most dangerous lie.
You see,the truth is so deep buried,that we cannot distinguish,even the most so called valuable truth.

...and what, or who gives you the authority to determine what is a valuable truth...let alone a truth?...if all are lies and half truths, what are your statements?

The confusion in the OP runs very deep.

Akushla

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

Please point out one source for this statement. I'd even accept mainstream core religious text.

TextJesus looks forward in time to Judgment Day, and the Lake of Fire, when he describes Gehenna in Matthew 10.28, “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul [psuche] and body in hell [Gehenna]” (Matthew 10.28 KJV bible). In this verse, Jesus warns that one should never be intimidated by the threats of men, because at most they only have power to harm the flesh. Rather, one should fear the Lord, who has the power to destroy both mind and body in Gehenna (aka the Lake of Fire). Therefore, the Lake of Fire is far worse than either the death of the flesh or the captivity of Sheol, because it has eternal implications. The second part of this verse is not referring to a person’s flesh body, but rather the spiritual bodies that the dead will be resurrected into on Judgment Day. So as to the ultimate fate of the wicked, this verse tells us that the Lake of Fire will be an unquenchable supernatural fire, with the power to destroy both the spiritual body, and the thought process within it. But then what exactly is meant here by the word destroy, which can be interpreted in many different ways? In what sense are they destroyed? The Greek word that is translated as destroy, apollumi, doesn’t mean literal annihilation. Rather, it is generally used to describe a state of ruin, spoilage, or destruction. So this verse actually doesn’t fully support annihilationism, because apollumi suggests that the wicked won’t be totally consumed and brought to nothing. However, this verse doesn’t support eternal torment either, because it implies that upon entering the Lake of Fire some kind of lasting damage or ruin to both mind and body will take place. So from this verse alone we can’t determine the nature of this ruined state, as it applies to the individuals cast into Gehenna.
source(www.cupofwrath.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

Satan vs God religion talk
You don't know...what I know...but they talk which soul who will take..they don't talk religion.

You don't want to see a conversation between God and Satan.because will make one's hair stand on end.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

.and what, or who gives you the authority to determine what is a valuable truth.
Don't ask that,because your question came from the Mist....

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
reply to post by Captain Beyond

Yes I agree with you that's why we must obey Gods 10 commandments most of all we should love one another & let our heart & soul find the truth in our Heavenly Father God & Our Lord Jesus Christ who died for us. It makes me very sad that we are breaking Gods laws every day all he wants is for us to obey him & love him. Lies come from Satan the fallen angel & his demons. I prey every day to ask God to forgive my sins & ask him to forgive the world that some day they might wake up and see the truth and happiness in their hearts.

I do not obey anyone and do not love on command. I follow the message that I find devine because it speaks to me and is the right thing to do. I still tell him in my own way that if I don't agree with his action and he/she/it can't explain the logical reason behind it then I will even opposse him/she/it and make sure the highest logical devine idea wins. I got the answers I needed. God wants us to be strong of will and enlightened but humble so we can really understand him/her/it. This world is a place where you can lose your ego and work together as one as it was meant but humans seem to need calamaties to really change and not be parasitic. Places like this is needed around the universe for the souls that are at this stage of their development. Technology pushes evolution of society because it is either evolve or die(armageddon). So this planet is evolving to the next stage. There is nothing to forgive really but the price of karma have to be paid and the lessons have to be learned, but if you get the lesson then maybe you can pay the karma bill in a place where it is effortless. It is easy to be devine when the people around you are not full of ego and without resistance to it. Namaste
edit on 30-1-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Sorry the text itself rather contradicts your original statement. The "reader" has decided to interpret it.
This is not supporting evidence but merely an opinion.

So, I'm afraid, your statement rings of falsehood at best hubris at worst, as it appears you will choose the word of a man (the interpretation) as truth other than the literal word of (as so many people wish me to believe) your god.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I would say no, God did not create the universe.

So you basically reject Genesis 1?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

So this planet is evolving to the next stage.

I think we are evolving in the final stage
so we need to focus on now and to not allow ourselves to back-slide
while writing off our lives as if they are of no account
in the face of a hypothetical "next age".
I can not think of anything more important than this one thing.
edit on 30-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You probably wish that was true, to save you from having to do any thinking.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

You said God didn't create the universe. Genesis 1 says He did. So do you deny Genesis 1?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by jmdewey60

You said God didn't create the universe. Genesis 1 says He did. So do you deny Genesis 1?

From my point of view both yes and no to God created the universe. Maybe you should try to figure out that paradox because both of those are from my view correct.

What is your reason for only looking at one view of god as you do with the bible? Ego of being sure you have been told the thruth by people who cannot create paradise? Christianety is for me more a feeling view of god than logical (female side). Buddhism is the logical view of god that explains the process (male side). I saw a bigger view of god when I saw that both sides is entertwined. Feeling and logic combined as male and female. I was lucky and I was not allowed to accept the ego the bible is sprouting. I follow the devine parts, not the bible. I am after being one with god not following other peoples perception of him/her/it. God gave me a mind to use to guide me to him and see thru ego(the manifistation in ous that is the devil) and not follow it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Genesis 1 says He did. So do you deny Genesis 1?

I deny that Genesis 1 has the word, universe, in it.
The gods created the heaven and the earth by persuading the ocean to give up part of its water to create a firmament above the sky and it revealed the land that was already there, but under the ocean, once the "firmament" portion of the water was removed from the ocean.
Then it says the gods put lights in the sky. There was no concept of what the stars were and for all they knew, they were holes in the firmament that let the light come through and there was probably a god on the other side making the light. So all this was to the writer of Genesis doable without creating the universe and was only on a local level.
edit on 30-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

.and what, or who gives you the authority to determine what is a valuable truth.
Don't ask that,because your question came from the Mist....

I did ask that question!
If you can't address the obvious confusion in the quoted text (a text which belongs to a thread you have authored), wishing to appear to be mysterious and somehow in the acquisition of superior knowledge, it is a sad attempt at authoring a thread...fail...

Akushla

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

wishing to appear to be mysterious and somehow in the acquisition of superior knowledge
Of course not...I am nobody,from nowhere.......I know nothing.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT
Satan has no power.God is all powerfull and he lets Satan do what he wants.So don't judge Satan , judge God for letting him do whatever you think Satan is doing.

btw , i don't believe in religion , just using logic to destroy your hatred for Satan.

And this, my friends, is testament to the OP's message.

"In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

—2 Corinthians 4:4

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

"In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."
Sounds to me a lot like:

Ahura Mazda is the creator and upholder of Arta (truth). Ahura Mazda is an omniscient (though not omnipotent) god, who would eventually destroy evil.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Great question. If God banned an evil soul, it does not make sense that the soul turned against God and gained power.

People are the liars, they are ignorant to their soul, because their soul is truthful.

The way to research this is to study what souls say through exorcisms, thats where I'm baffled. Because I recall that instead of being 'trapped' in a hell, the higher ranking ones choose not to like God and are filled with anger and hate.

Because of this knowledge I have of my soul, it makes me want to serve God. Why would a soul 'person' want to feel the opposite of love and light? And it seems very challenging to be in the light.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join