It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Satan is so Powerful

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by diamondsmith

you will not defeat darkness until you accept it. allow it to engulf you. let it fill you completely.

the more you fight darkness the stronger it becomes.

If you mean you have to accept what is then yes. But to accept darkness in what is to become that it's just counterproductive and an attempt to stay static. Sorry the balance of light and darkness is a load of crap from people who do not want to do the work needed to make the world more harmonius. Yes it is hard to see the difference of darkness and light when there is little darkness but that do not mean you should not go towards it. Even a person in harmony can be egoistic if he choose to remove himself from the world/sorroundings to be able to have it easier. And in this case I am probably one of the egoistic harmonious bastards
, but since I don't have any clear idea of what I just will wait until I figure out what and see if I find something that gives me the feeling that I should act. Namaste
edit on 29-1-2012 by apushforenlightment because: Addon

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
God is satan and satan is god. They are both the same, there is no separation. God/the force(or whatever you want to call "him") created the universe, and all in it. God is both sides of the coin and the edges.

Yes and no. Yes to that god created things that can feel ego and is a part of him but it's the part of him that he ignores or try to change since he knows nothing productive/harmonious/egoless can come from ego. God is in fact evolving and is not static because we are evolving.

God pushes for service to all because when you serve all you serve god and he loves his souls equally. We are all the same but at the same time unique. Namaste
edit on 29-1-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
God is everything we don't know about. This includes all the mysteries of dark space, black holes and gamma rays and all the things beyond the universe.

Satan is everything that we think we know so far and most of what we know about is tied closely to to the earth (Because Satan was cast down there).

We will never know everything because if we did we would be equal to god and god is already everything we don't know about. The entire universe is not a human being and it would be a nightmare come true if humans dominated the entire universe there would truly be no escape and nothing to look at in the skies, there would be no dreams about what lies on other stars it would simply be boring and there would be no reason for further intelligence.

We are going to be destroyed and the universe is going to be recreated and this universe isn't even the only one.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

God/the force(or whatever you want to call "him") created the universe, and all in it.

What would be your evidence for this?
God did not exist before the universe existed so could not have created it.
God creates what is good within the world for us to live.
God is the spiritual inhabitants who help the people who have their spirits integrated with the physical world and so are vulnerable to life's vicissitudes inherent with this universe in which we exist.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Satan has no power at all. He is utterly pathetic, as are those who have been conned into thinking that they serve him.

Are you a Christian, or are you a Satanist? The one thing I've found very interesting about many Christians, is that they spend more of their time talking about Satan than some Satanists I've communicated with.

We need to stop giving evil so much focus. Fear, attention, whatever...it is all energy to it. Starve it out, and it will wither and die.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
Philippians 4:8
edit on 29-1-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Actually, we give the devil power by believing his lie, that through Jesus' blood, and faith alone we are saved.
If you remember the rest of the bible you see it's through obedience that people are declared righteous. Read James letter directly referring to the devil's teachings.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I would really like to know who you actually think Satan is?

Serious question.....Who is this harbinger of power? Please enlighten me.

Let's play frustrate and stump the OP.

My rant about your post:

If you do not understand the subject of the discussion, then why can not you just do a wikipedia?

en.wikipedia.org...

Seriously, I see this all the time. Instead of saying whether or not you agree with the OP you expect him to define Satan in fifty words or less. Am I wrong or is this a technique to derail a thread and/or make Satan shine?

I ignore posts like yours on threads I start as I see a great possibility of ulterior motive. If your opinion is that Satan is not evil then why don't you make a comment to that effect?

Man, your looking like a spider giving directions to a fly on how to get to his web.
Just sayin', this is my impression of your post.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Satan's days on this earth are numbered. The Lord Jesus Christ will eventually put him back where he belongs for all eternity.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Kind of a general term isn't it, 'The Lie'? What is "The Lie." How is it effected? If Satanail is really so powerful it is because we Christians have allowed him to get so. Deception is temorary. Truth is eternal and in the end it is all that will remain after everything else is swept away.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Beyond

Yes I agree with you that's why we must obey Gods 10 commandments most of all we should love one another & let our heart & soul find the truth in our Heavenly Father God & Our Lord Jesus Christ who died for us. It makes me very sad that we are breaking Gods laws every day all he wants is for us to obey him & love him. Lies come from Satan the fallen angel & his demons. I prey every day to ask God to forgive my sins & ask him to forgive the world that some day they might wake up and see the truth and happiness in their hearts.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

btw , i don't believe in religion , just using logic to destroy your hatred for Satan
The words,logic and hatred belongs to......

And a 1 hit K-O by diamondsmith

It's gonna be hard for OrNaM3nT to come back on this one, Tom.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Satan has no power at all. He is utterly pathetic, as are those who have been conned into thinking that they serve him.

I disagree. Jesus spent a great deal of time exorcising demons and taught his followers to do the same. There are numerous accounts of the problems they were causing people.

Matthew 10:1 Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

why cannot God just destroy Satan
Not one soul can be destroyed but transformed.

Please point out one source for this statement. I'd even accept mainstream core religious text.

As I understand it your god is the Alpha and Omega the creator of all things. As such it follows that all things are his/hers/its to control which naturally leads to the conclusion that :

a.) Being a creation of god; satan is merely following the path assigned to him/her/it .
(Which raises some serious questions about your gods character and motivations)
OR
b.) You've been sold a bill of goods and satan is gods equal and god has a "god complex"
OR
c.) Your god is an imaginary friend for adults with satan playing the monster in the closet for those self same adults.

I do not question your faith. I do however wonder about deductive reasoning skills and why they never seem to be applied to what seems to be important topics.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Noncompatible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

. . . the creator of all things.

I would say no, God did not create the universe.
And that Satan is the cosmic serpent which is the residual chaos left over from the creation of the universe.
The Bible says, "And there was war in heaven, Michael fought against the dragon and the dragon fought back . . ."
God suppresses the renegade chaos causing the world to be the messed up sort of place it is.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Because his first and strongest weapon is THE LIE.

This days we cannot discern where the lie stops and where the truth begin,or where the truth is to an end and the lie begins.

In politics or in the day to day life,in wars,in society,the lie is the King and behind it is Evil power and his master Satan.

The power to hide the truth is another cause of the times we are living.To discern lie from the truth.Impossible.

The lie is so strong that we take it as a truth ,no matter how much we try to prove otherwise.It's something built in thousands of years,it's our day to day life,a way of living.

I think the followers of Satan are many today,and they are the strongest community on Earth,but this could destroy the Human Race,or the Human Race itself is the follower of Satan by accepting the Lie as the greatest power.

The Church of THE LIE.It's made of many beliefs.The interpretation of the religions is the Babylon where Satan stay on his Throne.

The greatest Truth became insignificant because he was squeezed by Power of The Lie.
We cannot fight Lie,and the master of disguising that is Satan.

He want our souls and for that he give us something to believe in,THE LIE.A vortex where you get dizziness,just by trying to see the truth.

We are blind because spectacles through which we try to see the truth are for other kind of sight.

Believe we can talk about this "Lie" without throwing out the Peter Schiff throw out name calling insults. Truth that all earthquakes are nature and truth that the US military has crafts that can reach the moon in 90 minutes?

We represent a sacred trust for all humanity, anybody who is smart can see what will kill you (the lie) of international money and the filthy that throw it around .I do not think many of the factory workers on the could make a cathedral.
edit on 29-1-2012 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Again, the lie is Satan. Jesus identified who Satan is in his parable of the sower. Who plants his word along side God's? Who was a murderer from the beginning. He's already been revealed by the Son of Man telling us his characteristics.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Believe me as more as the truth try to get out from the darkness into the light,the more the darkness will cover our minds.

A strategy of a individual who avoids issues is to go to Satan vs God religion talk, which is Divide et impera. So you are a christian but you are backwards and becoming an antichrist in your policies?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

reply to post by OrNaM3nT

btw , i don't believe in religion , just using logic to destroy your hatred for Satan
The words,logic and hatred belongs to......Evil!!

edit on 29-1-2012 by diamondsmith because: e

Wait a minute.

You're saying logic is a word created by evil?

So you're admitting tha those who believe in and live their lives through God are gullible since the opposite of evil is good and the opposite of logic is foolishness?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by studio500
I would really like to know who you actually think Satan is?

Serious question.....Who is this harbinger of power? Please enlighten me.

Let's play frustrate and stump the OP.

My rant about your post:

If you do not understand the subject of the discussion, then why can not you just do a wikipedia?

en.wikipedia.org...

Seriously, I see this all the time. Instead of saying whether or not you agree with the OP you expect him to define Satan in fifty words or less. Am I wrong or is this a technique to derail a thread and/or make Satan shine?

I ignore posts like yours on threads I start as I see a great possibility of ulterior motive. If your opinion is that Satan is not evil then why don't you make a comment to that effect?

Man, your looking like a spider giving directions to a fly on how to get to his web.
Just sayin', this is my impression of your post.

Studio500 asked a serious question though.

We all have our opinions and ideas on who or what Satan is so what's the OP's take? No mention on what he/she thinks Satan is, just a lot of jumbled up thoughts on "The Lie".

Maybe you should stop being so defensive next time.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Because he was the most powerful Angel-watcher at the time. God gave us free will to make us intelligent god like beings not some robots. Satan was jealous that he was not allowed to rule over us, so he has been trying for a very long time. When we humans get completely out of line he is allowed to rule over us to show us how bad he is so we will never turn away from God again.

Its all a big lesson to make us better and more divine to take our place as Gods. They're are many lesser gods in the bible but only one true God who rules over us all.

Think I am wrong? read for yourself.

www.thedivinecouncil.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join