It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tora! Tora! Tora!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

TextOn top of this, Iran is working in the interests of rival powers like Russia,

You are suggesting that we could have an "Iron Curtain" in the Middle East?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

which is making the US even more anxious to screw up Iran
I hope a war will not take place,because this could be the last war.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

I think the US are creating conditions for a false flag so they can attack Iran right now.
No they will not,there is too much at stake,and the balance is too fragile this time!!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

TextOn top of this, Iran is working in the interests of rival powers like Russia,

What do you think the US has been trying to do for the last decade?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

But why!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

But why!

Because of power.

We live in a world of competition. If your nation isn't expanding, then other nations are sucking you in. The US cannot downsize- it can only expand and keep expanding until it either owns the world or implodes.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

it can only expand and keep expanding until it either owns the world or implodes.
But empires always come to an end,I think something is about to change in terms of expanding,because they understand that.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
They knew about the Pearl Harbor attack.

Proof of foreknowledge of the Attack on Pearl Harbor! This is the front page of the Hilo Tribune Herald (Hawaii's Newspaper) from Sunday, November 30, 1941... 1 week BEFORE the attack on pearl harbor! Sadly, Japan struck Pearl Harbor the following weekend... JUST as the newspaper said! If that's not enough, it also appeared on the front page of the Honolulu Advertiser on the SAME day! This was obtained from the records of the Hilo Public Library, 300 Waianuenue Ave, Hilo, Hawaii 96720. And is in fact 100% genuine. If you don't believe me, call them & you can get your own copy for $1.25.

Newspaper

Somebody knew !

and i always thought "Tora! Tora! Tora!" was an IDF battlecry ?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You do know why the oil embargo was put in place, don't you? The actions by Japan in places such as Nanking, and in Korea... Not to mention the covetous eye they had upon SE Asia.

The attack on Pearl Harbour was the end result of two plus decades of imperialistic politics on the side of both entities. Not just the United States as you so clearly imply.

Seldom, if ever, does the drumbeat of war go just one way. Mixed my metaphor there, sorry.

The U.S. military suspected an attack was coming...and Pearl Harbour was at the top of the list. But so, too, were many another place.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Those headlines were a result of the multitudinous war warnings issued by the War Dept. from November '41 through the day of the attack itself.

Not because anyone "knew". Suspected one might be coming would be much closer to the reality.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by xuenchen

Those headlines were a result of the multitudinous war warnings issued by the War Dept. from November '41 through the day of the attack itself.

Not because anyone "knew". Suspected one might be coming would be much closer to the reality.

Yes,

some think it was a "propaganda" move and it actually came true !

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm assuming everyone knows that " Tora,Tora,Tora " was the Encoded Secret
Command, given by the Japanese Admiralty ,,for the SECRET at that time ATTACK.

The o.k was waited on from the Emporer ,,
HiroHito? at that time,,, and thus Japan unleashed the great Dragon,,,
Japan,,

" Tora,Tora,Tora ",, will go down in history for its,, well the rest as they say is indeed History,,

Me.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
reply to post by diamondsmith

I agree. They should have declared War before attacking. The attack lacked honour for sure.

Actually, war was declared by Japan on the US but the message was not decoded by the Japanese Embassy in time to deliver to the US just before the planned attack. For what it is worth, the Japanese military leaders were disappointed by this.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It was

Military,,,,, Tora,
BusinessMen,,,Tora
Empourer,,,,,,,,,,,,,Tora

And Thus The Code TORA!TORA!TORA,,,, all three,, shared the guilt.

But MacArthur spared the Empourer,,and the emporer was no longer a GOD.
on EARTH.

End of story.
Its done. and over.

Me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

You do know why the oil embargo was put in place, don't you? The actions by Japan in places such as Nanking, and in Korea... Not to mention the covetous eye they had upon SE Asia.

you know what I find amazing? The US's two top geostrategic allies after WWII- Germany and Japan

edit on 30-1-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Odd how things work out, isn't it? One would like to believe that it was total magnanimity on the part of the U.S., Great Britain, and the other allies to help with the rebuilding of both Germany and Japan. I'm sure there was at least a little bit, but for the most part, they needed allies in both regions, and the rest as they say, is history.

I think it'll play out, eventually, much the same way in Iraq. There are very real corollaries between what happened in post war Germany, and what has been happening in Iraq, and Afghanistan.

There was a lot of violence in post war Germany as well, though that's very much pushed under the carpet by historians, and the education system. Unrepentant Nazis, and others, along with Soviet agents fomenting unrest, violence in hopes of upsetting the delicate balance the post war occupation govt. had with the ordinary citizens of West Germany. This lasted, though denied by official German history, until the late 50's. My dad, who was stationed in both Occupied Japan, and later, in West Germany has told me that Japan was a lot easier on service peoples peace of mind. In Germany, up through the very late 50's, service men were encouraged to watch their backs when out and about. Or so I'm told...since I didn't come along 'til the early '60's, I've no first hand knowledge of this. But given what I grew up seeing/reading from Europe, and the various "revolutionary" factions, I'm not totally shocked that it happened.

Given time, Iraq and Afghanistan will settle out, just as post war Europe did.

Would it have been better to have not happened? Obviously, the answer is yes. But, it happened. Our task now, is to make sure it's ended, and fixed as best as possible for the peoples of both nations. ...and if it benefits my nation, and the rest of the world? Great. If it doesn't, and the peoples of Iraq and Afghanistan are happy with the results? That's great, too. The rest of the world will just have to get over it.

Hmm...

I meant to be rather shorter in my response to you. But, well, I have a tendency towards verbosity...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The battle cry!

Which will be the next code for the next war?

TORY! TORY! TORY!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

...and so might as well have never been sent in the first place.

To say many of the more forward looking military leaders in Japan were horrified, would be an understatement. They knew that Japan had no hope of defeating a very angry United States.

Even had the formal note of a declaration of war been delivered on time, Japan's leaders in the military weren't planning on defeating the United States...they hoped to force the U.S. into a war of attrition...exhaust the U.S. into allowing them to hold on to their Asian conquests. They had no desire to grab onto anything else.

Would it have worked? Maybe. Isolationism was still a very powerful political force in the U.S. at that time...it might have worked...

This tactic of attrition has been the watchword against the United States ever since. Any of our prospective, or actual, enemies are well aware of the fact that militarily they can't fight the U.S. in open combat. Even the Soviets suspected the truth of this...

...and it's been proven, that if you hold on long enough...cost enough treasure and blood...we'll leave. Vietnam. Somalia. Even Iraq. Korea, was at best, a draw. China couldn't afford any more either...and Eisenhower wanted it over.

So it's a proven war winner, if you're willing to handle the staggering losses such a strategy requires.

Did it again, didn't I. I find this sort of conjecture endlessly fascinating...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I wish I could give you a date for the false flag. They are goading IRAN and they are not falling for it. They removed the European's teeth by "voulenterily" cutting off trade with them. This is exactly what the Chinese wanted to do to start the EU economic melt down. It is a very clever and unexpected chess move on Iran's part, IMHO a lot like sacrificing a queen so you can get a knight within check range of the king. They know the EU collapse will attack the US economy as well. China and Russa are like the rooks.

What I can tell you is the false flag will probably occur after major changes in the market price of commodities, either up or down. Pay attention to RATE of change, not direction of change. It will probably occur about a week after the market changes start and will be a low yeild nuclear, or faked/hoaxed biological attack.
edit on 30-1-2012 by eywadevotee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Well, the whole post-WWII period in Europe was a rather sketchy time. Operation Gladio was put into effect where western-sponsored right-wing terrorists were virtually given "murder unlimited" status if they fought leftist movements without official involvement of western governments. And of course in a country like Germany, the apex of the war, there would be serious resentment towards the new colonizing powers by the Germans who lost everything.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join