It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little poll for registered US voters.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
As with the '08 election I will once again write-in Ron Paul if I have to. And if you people would take a minute and put down the establishment koolaide you'd realize we don't HAVE to pick from their options if we don't want to. But once again all you little sheeple will do as you're told and toe the line. This is why everything is hopeless. You won't even TRY and derail the establishment train.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by MrWendal

Maine is soooooooon inconsequential.

Maine has 24 Delegates.

Do the math.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

The crash part.

And thanks so much.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

That is pretty much the way it is. America is NOT a free country in terms of individual liberty. There is a perception among many Americans that once you leave the USA boundaries you step back into the stone age. That is hardly true. The US is a very regimented society as well, with a grand system in place welcoming you into that system at the slightest transgression, that many (if not most) places would not consider a nuisance at all. I also like that I can drive with my eyes on the road than having to concentrate on the rearview mirror.

I am with your friend on that. I don't want to have to go back to the US unless I have absolutely no choice. Of course a Ron Paul win would be so reassuring that I might consider it about time for making a visit. It's been since 2007 when I last was there for anything. And like your friend I was loyally patriotic, a vet, etc. Still a great country, the US, but just as well without me. I wish it the best though.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

As a US ex-pat I would also be very wary to return to the US. I damn well wouldn't if Ron Paul won.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Voting Paul

Then I'll write him in, America's Elect (www.americanselect.org...) might really help his cause.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
B) Vote Obama

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

I will be voting for Obama as well, for all the "Obvious" reasons so eloquently stated in the post made by Open_Minded Skeptic, as well as a few others.

Even though I'm white, I have absolutely no desire to return to the days of full blown slavery, (like they have in China where workers live in on-site dorms at the beck & call of their employers) just to get a job, any job.

Personally, I don't believe in the concept that one should lower their standards in order to compete with another and the current republican party is basically telling us just that. That's why they want to "Take This Country Back." They're literally taking about taking us back to the days prior to the development of environmental protection standards, safe working conditions, child labor laws and product safety standards. Not to mention the fact that they want to eliminate "Dodd/Frank" and reinstitute a regulation free banking environment like the one that created the economic collapse in the first place.

Now if you could get Bernie Sanders to run, I might reconsider my vote.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I wont be voting.

That is my choice because it doesn't even matter.

There are no better times coming for this world.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
B

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
d) Alexander/Mendoza

www.stewartalexanderforpresident2012.org...

"The Alexander/Mendoza Campaign
stands for:

Genuine democracy for the 99%
Free speech, press, assembly, association

An end to wars and military occupations
Bring the troops and the money home
Initiate global disarmament
Deploy our troops for disaster relief

Create a democratically-controlled national bank
End Bush-Obama tax cuts to the wealthy

Productive jobs and/or a living wage for all

Single payer universal health care
Free dental, mental, optical and long term care

Decent affordable housing for all
Free or inexpensive reliable public transit

Hire more teachers – Reduce classroom size
Free education through college level

Legalize and tax marijuana – End the drug war
Restore our air, water, land – Protect the environment

Rebuild America’s infrastructure"

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My grandfather who was an attorney and a Mason, told me that when I get in that voting booth, to vote my conscience. I've followed his advice all my life. Barack Obama will get my vote again. The only Republican I've ever voted for was Ronald Reagan. The cod war was still on and we needed a strong President. He was instrumental in ending the cold war.

www.blinkx.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kissy princess
d) Alexander/Mendoza

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
Now that it's pretty clear to everyone here on ATS that Ron Paul won't get the nod, what's your plan?

a) Vote Republican (Newt or Mitt)
b) Vote Obama
c) Don't Vote
d) Something else (please explain)

Can we just try and have a little poll, without too much arguing (for a few hours at least :lol
?

FTR: I'm voting "b".

D) I'll vote for some third party Libertarian or other, not that I want them to win but that I don't like either the D or R runner

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
B

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Oh man, that just made my day! Everyone loves Rainier Wolfcastle

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Wow, really? You sure have bought the propaganda hook line and sinker. People like you are exactly the reason the government has been able to take our freedom little by little. You let them.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
After voting once for Obama, I can't see myself doing it again. I also can't see myself voting for any of the other likely candidates. That leaves me fully undecided, but I suspect that I will vote republican.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I will vote D.

It will be for the canidate who in my opinion speaks for all of the country, not just one part of the other, and ultimately does not divide the country.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I probably won't vote. The last thing I would do is vote for Romney or Gingrich. They're both too far removed from what the average American is experiencing. They would be just as bad or maybe even worst for this country. If I do vote, I would probably write in Ron Paul just as my personal protest.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join