It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D⋆A†A☭S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I have decided to create this thread in memory of the Doug Anthony All Stars, otherwise known as D⋆A†A☭S

The Doug Anthony All Stars were an Australian music comedy group who struck fame first in the UK (from the Edinburgh comedy festival), then in Australia, getting their own spot on "The Big Gig," the country's leading comedy show. Following the Big Gig, DAAS went on to have their own series, "DAAS Kapital," They were directly involved in the shaping of Australian comedy today.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, to some of their videos

Warsong - DAAS Kapital:

KRSNA - Live at the National Theatre (New York):

I Love The French - DAAS Kapital

Heavy Metal - DAAS

Girl is mine - DAAS

If you like these videos from DAAS, there is much more where that came from

edit on 29-1-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

edit on 29-1-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Iconic, although you forgot "hippie" and their awesome rendition of "throw your arms around me" - H&C where you actually see paul cry.. just a little..

& out of all the crap their bringing back on telly.. it eludes me as to why the big gig hasn't been revived, paul's "sideshow" was close.. but man.. them were the days of real aussie comedians running wild on multiple stages.

Thanks for this thread.. ahh the memories

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xarian6
Iconic, although you forgot "hippie" and their awesome rendition of "throw your arms around me" - H&C where you actually see paul cry.. just a little..

& out of all the crap their bringing back on telly.. it eludes me as to why the big gig hasn't been revived, paul's "sideshow" was close.. but man.. them were the days of real aussie comedians running wild on multiple stages.

Thanks for this thread.. ahh the memories

Ah yes, i was going to include them, stupid me for not doing so. I'll probably edit it and throw in Dead Elvis as well. Yeah, one of the best Aussie groups ever imo. No worries mate, DAAS deserves to be immortalised in Aussie history

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join