It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 = NOTHING

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

And Christ didn't die for us. He lived for us and He lives for us. His death brought our attention to his mercy, and was caused by lack of belief in him.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by swampcricket

Absolutely none. Now what proof do you have that it will happen. Believe me when I say that this has intrigued me for years. I read graham hancocks book chariots of the gods back when I was a teenager (mid 90's) and have been fascinated about it ever since. I just can't sink my teeth into the stuff. That being said I follow it closely because I am an educated man and would really like to see some cold hard evidence that "it" will happen but I just can't see it taking place. Science is a beautiful thing and (off subject) disproves religion every day. I just think we would have more evidence by now to get a better view of things to come. I could be wrong but I could also be right.

Its a kind of funny thing to ask for.. Provide me with the scientific evidence that this conversation was going to happen..

I just trust the universe knows best for me and leave it get on with it...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Here's another question.. What proof do you have that it "WONT" happen?
For now this theory seems neutral, for there are many videos and theorys about 2012 yet to be debunked.

I am unaware of anything that has not been shown to be the trash it is.

Can you tell us about anything you think has not been debunked?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

I expect Wilcock to do the same thing he has done when people realized his ludicrous claim of being the reincarnation of Cayce was a laugh.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I have some predictions:

I predict that on Dec. 21/2012; there will be a lot people with some “splaining” to do!

I predict that these people with say either:

1. Oops. Must...re...calculate and after much thought they will then announce to the world a new date of apocalyptic gloom: perhaps March 21/2013. (The really smart ones will prolong it until perhaps Dec. 21/2021; so there will be lots of time to write more books and go on speaker tours.

2. Or these people who look at us all like we’re all a little slow and say...wait...you didn’t hear that? Silly humans...That right there...was the apolocalpse --- we are now currently in the end times. And we are merely experiencing the birth pangs of the new world that a cometh.

3. Or These people will all simply “disappear” after 2012. Many believers will take their disappearance to mean that they’ve been raptured while leaving their unworthy followers behind...and in 50 years time, a massive methane gas explosion will cause these people to be accidently discovered and we’ll find out they have being living it up on a massive tropical island that they bought with all of their swindled money.

edit on 29-1-2012 by OwenandNoelle because: can't spell

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

It's widely accepted nothing will happen, I don't believe the "doomers" think anything will really happen. It's just entertainment.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I believe its about consciousness and evolving thought patterns. People dont actually take time to think about why they call eras "the golden age" or "the age of enlightenment". If human thought patterns never evolved then we would be stuck inventing the wheel still. Technology and even all the commotion about 2012 will indeed regardless spawn new way of thinking and life.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

It is true the the Sun is presently transiting the central region of the Milky Way from an Earth perspective or alignment. Alignment of planets and stars do have an affect. For example Astromers noted that when Sirius made a close pass to the Sun in 2000 they speculated that this could disturb the Oort cloud and send comets on in inward path towards the Sun - They also stated that if so not to be alarmed as these comets would petentially take millions of years to reach the Sun. Who can truly measure the subtle affects of cosmic bodys inter actions.
Everything is connected - Our Earth is connected to the Sun - Even the Milky Way is connected to other Galaxies. As for raising of awareness that is undeniably happening - How much more aware are we now of the Cosmos and all its jewelled beauty than say 100 years ago. Yet all knowledge or truth is and always was and much of our modern understanding is but re-discovery.
Many today are sick at heart of our own inhumanity and how we relate to the Earth. People are seeking a new a way of being and as things get more extreme such as tyranny it only cause to futher that self searching for who and what we truly are.
Many mock the idea that we are all soul beings and immerse themselves in the artificial matrix through multi distraction that prevent them from listening to their own inner voice - Things are changing for that is the nature of things and we are all free to choose the way we wish to go - To stay in self destructive matrix of illusion or to seek something more - something better - Regardless of what 2012 may or may not be it is happening and nothing can stop it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Alignment of planets and stars do have an affect.

Alignments are meaningless. It is gravitational forces that matter.

Sirius does not make a close pass to the Sun. It is quite far away and stays far away. The difference in distance between what it is today and in 2000 is insignificant in terms of affecting our solar system. Sirius is 8 light years away!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Alignment of planets and stars do have an affect.

Alignments are meaningless. It is gravitational forces that matter.

Sirius does not make a close pass to the Sun. It is quite far away and stays far away. The difference in distance between what it is today and in 2000 is insignificant in terms of affecting our solar system. Sirius is 8 light years away!

What I wrote was taken from an Astronomer - why always look for fault.

edit on 31-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This whole subject is already mute. Changes have been occurring right on schedule. Most everyone has misinterpreted the entire issue. There is no "end "coming on that day, nor is there some new level of consciousness. Remember, the Mayans followed cycles and that is what's happening now, just as they predicted it would.
The prophecy IS being fulfilled.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
This whole subject is already mute. Changes have been occurring right on schedule. Most everyone has misinterpreted the entire issue. There is no "end "coming on that day, nor is there some new level of consciousness. Remember, the Mayans followed cycles and that is what's happening now, just as they predicted it would.

I agree the Mayans measured cycles and 21 Dec 2012 is the end of that cycle and so will begin a new cycle
The title of the thread is mute as you say - How the heck can 2012 equal nothing when 2012 is something.
The op has issues

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

I agree the Mayans measured cycles and 21 Dec 2012 is the end of that cycle and so will begin a new cycle
The title of the thread is mute as you say - How the heck can 2012 equal nothing when 2012 is something.
The op has issues

The only issue I have is all of this end of times bull$hit making people spend money on books and movies and what not. 2012 does equal something just another years worth of income taxes i will have to pay. There is absolutely no scientific fact that anything out of the ordinary will happen. And go ahead and say "there is no proof that something won't happen" that is a generic cop out reply in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Please accept my apologies - I was not referring to you - I got mixed up.
What you say is true - There are much profit to be made by unscrupulous ones cashing in the 2012 prophesy.
Yet there are ones with sincere beliefs and see the Mayan long count as confirmation of their beliefs - right or wrongly.
I am not even conclusive how accurate the Mayan time keeping is. Measuring the movement of the heavens and position of the Sun in relation to the movement of the heavens is not as an exact science as some believe.
Rather like trying to pinpoint the horizon on a ship that is bobbing up and down upon the sea - A poor example perhaps.
If we look at the scientific astronomical evidence - indeed we are transiting the central region of the Milky Way an approx 30 odd year transit. Yet this is only perceived because of the wobble of the Earths rotation caused by it's inclination of 23.5 degrees. From other vantage points in the Milky Way it could be said that all stars are always aligned with the Centre.

edit on 1-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I believe 2012 is not the end of the world..

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Then shall two (Feb) be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

2012 = 5.

The one shall be taken = 5 words.

Just a good thought for Feb 2012.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Then we have the 20th of the twelth 2012
In UK is - 20/12/2012
Doeas this mean we shall be seeing double?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Clearly that did NOT come from an astronomer. It was full of mistakes.

Sirius is not even the closest stars. The claims about Sirius probably came from someone making false claims about the pyramids.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

There is no Mayan prophecy being fulfilled since there is no Mayan prophecy concerning 2012. This is why

2012 = nothing

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Clearly that did NOT come from an astronomer. It was full of mistakes.

Sirius is not even the closest stars. The claims about Sirius probably came from someone making false claims about the pyramids.

When I said that it was from an astromer it was - Maybe I should have said "Made it's closet path" Sirius is not always equidistant from the Sun.
Regarding your earliier statement about Alignment not causing any affect but that it is gravitional waves -
Please read carefully - Yes you are correct but when say Earth aligns say Jupiter then Jupiter is closer - dont jump to conclusions yet - Jupiter is always same distance from Sun. As is Earth - yes i know orbits vary but taking that into consideration - When Jupiter is in alignment with Earth it is far close than when it is not in alignment - Draw yourself a 2d diagram in your head if you want but I am correct so are you in saying about gravitional waves - I wonder if you are even still reading what I am saying or waiting to just jump in with some cutting remark - However Jupiters gravitional field is closer to Earths at alignment.
Wtf has it do with pyramids by the way.
If you keep just slagging off everything I say I will just ignore you though I would prefer to discuss things sensibly

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join