It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 = NOTHING

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by swampcricket

But we can't. That's the point. All we have is this erroneous fear that something is coming and we can't control it when it does. I can't provide anything concrete about he 21st, because no one knows for sure what it means. The problem is too we have been brainwashed by all this money-making hype about the end of days we will more than likely as a race bring it into being by our own fears alone. In the same sense no one can disprove something may happen some time in the near future, some big and world altering. But all people look at it as some outdated prophecy from a vanished race, couple it with some cryptic words from the bible, add in a few TV shows, and walah! Destruction a'la humanity. If you look at the signs it's really not that hard to figure out the world is on a cusp of a major change. Banks going under, restless and protesting people, prices going up beyond affordability, those are the things I look at when saying the world is in for a major change. Governments making policies that defy the will of the people, we see it everywhere, worldwide. Carbon Taxes, SOPA, PIPA, the Patriot Act, Homeland Security, See something say something. On one side you have the powers making these rules to reign us in, on the other side we have the masses (who outnumber the powers) getting more and more disgruntled and fed up with being reigned in. That is something no one can deny, and that is the change affecting this world right now. I'm not saying specifically this will all come to head on the 21st, and I really don't believe as I stated before we will all just "wake up" one bright morning and suddenly figure out the meaning if life (it's 42 btw), and become some great utopian society. All that is is man fed up with being nothing special and hoping that by some great catastrophe we will emerge better (read "lazier") people for it. You, I and everybody else, will with absolute 98% certainty be here for Christmas and New Years in around 11 months time, and will still be working, paying off our debts to the banks and still trying to live that dream that is shrinking in the distance rather quickly. The other 2%? Well that's the part that's never sure about all this, in much the same way you can say you don't believe in heaven or hell. You may be 99% sure of it, but there's always that sliver of doubt you may be wrong.
As for me, I refuse to let fear rule my life. If the end is coming, and my number is up in 11 months, so be it.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The sad thing is the con-men who've promoted 2012 in a professional sense, the ones who've made bank on making it into a popular idea, have spread an awful lot of fear and paranoia and some folks have actually sank money into 2012 survival. Everyone, I'm sure, is aware that there are 2012 doomsday bunkers and that these continuous imaginary doomsdays help drive sales.

There are also people so terrified they contemplated suicide, if anyone is hurt financially or physically by 2012 the twisted folks who peddle 2012 for a living ought to be arrested. They probably won't though since the gullibility of the masses isn't their fault.

Even if we pretend there's an actual Mayan prophecy the end of the world is about as likely to take place on 21st December 2012 as it is on Friday the 13th December 2013. We'd still be dabbling in superstitious nonsense about predicting the future.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The Mayans did not mention anything about the end of the world others have overlayed that meaning onto it. As far as I am aware it is the conclusion of a particular cycle or a point on a cycle of which there are many.

My Reply on another Thread
The Sun will be crossing the celestial equator (Milky Way) on 21st Dec 2012 just below the Galactic Centre.
Sounds really amazing yet since approx 1998 it has been crossing the Galactic Centre and was closer then than now as the Sun is gradually transiting away from the centre and takes approx 36 years to complete this crossing.
The centre of the Milky Way appears as as dark rift - This is what the Mayans refer to - Rather than use the visible stars and constellations as markers - the Mayans used the dark areas of the Milky Way giving them animal names which they resembled such as Lama.
To simply think our modern science is the be all and end all is to be closed minded and insults the intelligence of our ancestors.
I know some new agers have overlayed their personal agenda or imaginings onto such an event yet on the other hand some who mereley parrot what main stream academics say is so are also guilty of ignorance.
I am guilty of being inconclusive and I await to see what the future brings but judging by the pattern of events so far things are coming to some sort of head with us lot the Human Race.
Who now trusts governments and so called experts certainly not I

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket
How many of you believers out there are willing to bet their life savings, bank accounts, 401k's and the like on a theory that has no back? If so I am wiling to bet mine because if the world or the world as we know it ends what do you have to loose? Don't be scared! I'm not. Absolutely nothing will happen except for a few early Christmas presents and a lot of nothing. Also cn some of you actually show me where we will be aligned to the galactic center?

All the adherents of 2012 being a significant year are just that. They have based their perception of reality on some ancient astronomy and symbols that may have not even been translated into modern language properly.

They all seem to be new age types who have some notion about a new age dawning. The curious thing is that the most powerful people in the world may also have this view, like the New World Order crew. New Age, New Order, same BS to me; wars, genocide, ecological destruction by human "not with a bang but a whimper" activity, slow poisoning of the earth, animals and ourselves because of our behavior.The only future prediction I believe is that written in Revelations. The attempts by mankind to do things their way will continually lead to destruction and desolation. We are wrong in the way we live, fundamentally flawed. History and Science demonstrate this continually.

I have my beliefs. I think our activity is destructive and futile and until we do the right thing we will only reap what we sow. We sow seeds of greed, death, selfishness, lack of care and so we reap the destruction and poison of what we put out. What is the right thing? I got my own concept of that that has demonstrated its effectiveness at dealing with most of those issues. Most people hate what I believe though and think I'm a fool for believing it.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Revolution9 because: clarification

edit on 29-1-2012 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I couldn't agree with your statements more - well said.
We can not go on as we are for there is only one conclusion to self destrution
Yet there is another way

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else but I'm lost.
There are those on the 'astronomical/geological changes bandwagon. Some sound convincing but there again I don't know the science so I'm an easy target!
Then there is the religious faction which is correlating current events with bible passages (I suspect you can correlate anything with anything if you put your mind to it)..
The new agers (just the 60s mindset revisited) who would like to think we are all going to be transformed.
The doomers who think that everything that is wrong with the world can be fixed by pressing the re-set button.
The scoffers who can't imagine anything other than what they have been brought up with.

There is a plethora of websites devoted to either 2012 or plain old 'survival'.
Some are flogging supplies or survival tips, some of them are just there for discussion (but ask yourself did they start that site out of altruism or are they earning a big buck from advertising and visitor hits?).
There are more agendas out there than you can shake a stick at

I suppose it is easier for me in that I already had 61 years of a fairly good life. Realistically I have a few years of fitness left. But heart problems, cancer, dementia, arthritis could strike at any time! As for younger folks, it's less likely but those things can strike too. And any of us could get killed or disabled (in a road accident say) any day.
Death is guaranteed for all of us. So let's stop worrying about the future and start living for the day. Meanwhile we could just be living in one of the most exciting times in history

edit on 29-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I understand what you are saying - In a way the world has lost it's way
Greed and fear but two spectres that destroy our Humanity.
People feel something is wrong - This feeling is the first step.
We can not mould the world to our liking or agenda as some in positions of power would like to and attempt to.
It starts with me and it starts with you.
So what if we are fooled into certain scenarios - What really matters is how we treat each other.
Human dignity tollerance and respect non encroachment and actually caring are just a begining.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

But we can't. That's the point. All we have is this erroneous fear that something is coming and we can't control it when it does. I can't provide anything concrete about he 21st, because no one knows for sure what it means. The problem is too we have been brainwashed by all this money-making hype about the end of days we will more than likely as a race bring it into being by our own fears alone. In the same sense no one can disprove something may happen some time in the near future, some big and world altering. But all people look at it as some outdated prophecy from a vanished race, couple it with some cryptic words from the bible, add in a few TV shows, and walah! Destruction a'la humanity. If you look at the signs it's really not that hard to figure out the world is on a cusp of a major change. Banks going under, restless and protesting people, prices going up beyond affordability, those are the things I look at when saying the world is in for a major change. Governments making policies that defy the will of the people, we see it everywhere, worldwide. Carbon Taxes, SOPA, PIPA, the Patriot Act, Homeland Security, See something say something. On one side you have the powers making these rules to reign us in, on the other side we have the masses (who outnumber the powers) getting more and more disgruntled and fed up with being reigned in. That is something no one can deny, and that is the change affecting this world right now. I'm not saying specifically this will all come to head on the 21st, and I really don't believe as I stated before we will all just "wake up" one bright morning and suddenly figure out the meaning if life (it's 42 btw), and become some great utopian society. All that is is man fed up with being nothing special and hoping that by some great catastrophe we will emerge better (read "lazier") people for it. You, I and everybody else, will with absolute 98% certainty be here for Christmas and New Years in around 11 months time, and will still be working, paying off our debts to the banks and still trying to live that dream that is shrinking in the distance rather quickly. The other 2%? Well that's the part that's never sure about all this, in much the same way you can say you don't believe in heaven or hell. You may be 99% sure of it, but there's always that sliver of doubt you may be wrong.
As for me, I refuse to let fear rule my life. If the end is coming, and my number is up in 11 months, so be it.

Very interesting what you write here. December 21 st is the winter solstice. That has a huge symbolism to any group and individual who believes in any spiritual significance about the sun and the solstice. I can understand why this date might have occult significance and it obviously does. We must realise that the very people who run this world also believe in these things. We see the symbolism everywhere and read of it. So I expect it has significance in earthly terms for the very reason that people have made it significant. I think there is both an agenda, a plan and a consciousness behind all this.

Unfortunately, I find myself to be on the waning side, that I must accept. Yet I cannot change who and what I am. Because of who and what I am and what Consciousness I have chosen to follow I must accept that another consciousness is taking hold for just a short time. It is written in The Book I hold to be sacred that this would happen and that it is happening for a reason. Peace passes understanding and I am at peace and must live my life knowing that I will see the world change so very quickly in what I consider to be the wrong direction. That is what 2012 means to me. 2012=something yet nothing.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

I agree with you but I don't think anything noticeable will happen at all.Why would be scientists hiding if we're gonna see something in the sky as the result of the allignment? Say an aurora? And I don't see what mental change other than the one we get like every year as a result of events that happeb in the world.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Originally posted by 74Templar

Very interesting what you write here. December 21 st is the winter solstice. That has a huge symbolism to any group and individual who believes in any spiritual significance about the sun and the solstice. I can understand why this date might have occult significance and it obviously does. We must realise that the very people who run this world also believe in these things. We see the symbolism everywhere and read of it. So I expect it has significance in earthly terms for the very reason that people have made it significant. I think there is both an agenda, a plan and a consciousness behind all this.

Unfortunately, I find myself to be on the waning side, that I must accept. Yet I cannot change who and what I am. Because of who and what I am and what Consciousness I have chosen to follow I must accept that another consciousness is taking hold for just a short time. It is written in The Book I hold to be sacred that this would happen and that it is happening for a reason. Peace passes understanding and I am at peace and must live my life knowing that I will see the world change so very quickly in what I consider to be the wrong direction. That is what 2012 means to me. 2012=something yet nothing.

I would just like to add that the best that a Godless world where man is god has to offer is perhaps that symbol buried in the volcanic ash on a Greek Island of a priest of some sun god carrying in a vessel the blood of his sacrificial victim also buried just feet away. The priest tried to appease the anger of the god with the blood of his victim so the god would not destroy his beloved sun worshipping culture. The god did not listen! My understanding of this moral is that the priest's culture was destroyed precisely because of the abominations of their behavior. It is common knowledge to those of us who read and understand The Bible that a Godless world leads to this kind of behavior being displayed by people endemically, period. During my short life of what I have seen and witnessed, what I have read from history and what I have understood I sincerely believe this to be the case.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

damn Skippy.

The hype is meant to create a "crisis" so as to attain better control over the world through fear and mandatory trust in a corrupt and flawed system, on its last leg.

Fear this.......

YOURSELF

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Are you blind ?

No "End of the World".

Yes "Big changes". Already in progress.

I tried to use simple words intentionally. I hope that helps.

Don't bother replying.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Haha nothing 2012 ? Dont think so man...
America is getting in strategic positions to Attack IRAN!!! And you say nothin? Its not like Afghanistan or Irak..
The big boom comin soon....

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Who cares if 2012 is anything or not? As it has been said before, enough people know about it that we can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. With a global mindset that this year is significant, we could make it be the year we take back the power from the government, and end tyranny. Hopefully we can restore some dignity to the human race. Hopefully we can stop killing each other in wars. etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
you can see the economic system about to collapse. you can see people changing. Coincidence? maybe and probably, but i don't care. this is an interesting time to be alive, we are seeing so much take place. The world will be a very different place in 40 years

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
Haha nothing 2012 ? Dont think so man...
America is getting in strategic positions to Attack IRAN!!! And you say nothin? Its not like Afghanistan or Irak..
The big boom comin soon....

Nothing will happen with Iran it's too risky due to the fact that Israel would be pulled in by Iran to cause a mid-east meltdown. But then again you might be right Israel has nukes and Iran is close because they keep putting the world off politically to buy time to build one and with the help of Russia and Pakistan they could possibly have one already. Back to the 2012 issue there is no way the Mayans could have predicted a war with Iran hell they barely made it out of central America. But as humans we all know how we like to self destruct, maybe they were just playing off of our past actions as we always do stupid $hit to mess things up.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
2012 not withstanding there is one hell of a big religious organisation planning for some very big bad things to happen, and from the looks of it they are betting the House, Wife, and Kids it WILL happen

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by artistpoet

I agree with you but I don't think anything noticeable will happen at all.Why would be scientists hiding if we're gonna see something in the sky as the result of the allignment? Say an aurora? And I don't see what mental change other than the one we get like every year as a result of events that happeb in the world.

The Centre of our galaxy has supposedly been located and given co ordinates. At it's heart is supermassive black hole.
I believe this is is the source of a powerful affect that holds and rotates the Milky Way.
Stars inter act and so our Milky Way interacts with the Adromeda galaxy - aparantly the two galaxies are drawing towarsd each other yet millions of years from now if not more our two galaxys will embrace triggering phenominial bursts of starbirth - So 2012 is here but Eternity is a long time.

edit on 29-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

edit on 29-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

edit on 29-1-2012 by artistpoet because: same again

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well it wont be Nibiru. I guess we dodged that bullet, or is still behind the sun?

When 2013 comes, people will say the dates were off and that calendars didn't match or something. Wars happens whatever the year, 2012 is no different......

In regard to the Mayan Calendar, I have yet to read anything that remotely suggests that it is the end of the world - at least from people who seem to actually know what they're talking about. Doomsday wannabees and fear mongerers obviously don't apply!

Side note: What's the music in that video on the 1st page of the thread? I have heard that in a film I think but can't remember what it's called ( music is near the end of the vid )
edit on 29-1-2012 by Audiokat because: Forgot something

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

I agree with you. People have been claiming dates for the end of the world for centuries. These dates come and go. The amount of money being made off of the 2012 doomsday must be great for Hollywood, survival equipment and canned food industries.

You can change destiny. We're just here for the ride. No sense in living in fear, what will be, will be. All I know, if something should happen, I would want to be one of the first to parish. Trying to survive hell on earth is not my idea of fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join