It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 = NOTHING

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
Please just stop the 2012 threads.

You don't believe anything will happen, right? Yet you make a thread about it as if you have a doubt. If you were so confident that nothing will happen, then go about your way.

Honestly... after all this FREAKING hype that has been made about 2012, you think NOTHING will happen? Really? That is your logic? You are even creating more hype and empowering the notion of 2012 by making this thread.

There is so much hype about "2012" that no matter what someone's expectation is. Something. Will. Happen.

It probably won't be Nibiru, three days of darkness, world ending, solar storm of doom, planetary implosion, aliens, hollow-Earth people, Earth cracking poles shift, global electronic failure, nuclear attacks, gigantic asteroids, World War X, or anything cataclysmic.

However, something will happen. There will be people freaking out, thinking that something will happen. There will be riots. There will be a heightened state of awareness. There will be mobs. Why? Because people will believe something crazy is going to happen, and they will act crazy, which will prove them right.

2012 = SOMETHING

It is a 2012 forum so I will keep on creating threads as will other people if you don't like the 2012 stuff look elsewhere it's not like I started this thread in a political forum. Don't read it if you don't like it.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs
reply to post by RussianScientists

yes but a cyclical occurrence of a natural phenenoma is just that: a natural occurrence.
Nothing more to it.
Add anything else and it is pure and utter speculation.
I can based on this cyclicality forecast 4 seasons in Europe.
So?

I totally agree that was well spoken. But what if something in with the galaxies and universal alignment stuff. I personally don't think much will come of it. Now I could see us humans doing something stupid to be symbolic but other than that we continue on in our own evolution.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Don't really think anything is going to happen on any specific date, and if it does, really the only thing that could do something like that is some kind of ELE or alien invasion, and if that happens, I don't think we're going to get much notice before it hits.

However, you can't say Nothing is happening in the world right now, we are seeing some massive changes in the world going on, but these have been evolving for quite some time now. I think we will see some huge changes in the world in the next few years, whether they be bad or good who can really say, but it would seem the world has become very us vs. them. I really believe that is the crux of what is to come, whether their voices or ours are going to be loudest at the end.
As for people just waking up on a specific day because the galactic plane is aligned with the earth yada yada yada, and we just "figure it out," dimension shift, and all live happily ever after in some great utopia, well read that sentence aloud to yourself and judge for yourself how ridiculous it sounds.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket

You don't believe anything will happen, right? Yet you make a thread about it as if you have a doubt. If you were so confident that nothing will happen, then go about your way.

Honestly... after all this FREAKING hype that has been made about 2012, you think NOTHING will happen? Really? That is your logic? You are even creating more hype and empowering the notion of 2012 by making this thread.

There is so much hype about "2012" that no matter what someone's expectation is. Something. Will. Happen.

It probably won't be Nibiru, three days of darkness, world ending, solar storm of doom, planetary implosion, aliens, hollow-Earth people, Earth cracking poles shift, global electronic failure, nuclear attacks, gigantic asteroids, World War X, or anything cataclysmic.

However, something will happen. There will be people freaking out, thinking that something will happen. There will be riots. There will be a heightened state of awareness. There will be mobs. Why? Because people will believe something crazy is going to happen, and they will act crazy, which will prove them right.

2012 = SOMETHING

It is a 2012 forum so I will keep on creating threads as will other people if you don't like the 2012 stuff look elsewhere it's not like I started this thread in a political forum. Don't read it if you don't like it.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm all for a legitimate 2012 thread. No offense, but this is useless. There are hundreds of threads stating "nothing will happen 2012" already. There are probably just as equally many stating that something will happen. Go voice your opinion to one of them. If not, then reply to something of mine more than just the first line.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
Don't really think anything is going to happen on any specific date, and if it does, really the only thing that could do something like that is some kind of ELE or alien invasion, and if that happens, I don't think we're going to get much notice before it hits.

However, you can't say Nothing is happening in the world right now, we are seeing some massive changes in the world going on, but these have been evolving for quite some time now. I think we will see some huge changes in the world in the next few years, whether they be bad or good who can really say, but it would seem the world has become very us vs. them. I really believe that is the crux of what is to come, whether their voices or ours are going to be loudest at the end.
As for people just waking up on a specific day because the galactic plane is aligned with the earth yada yada yada, and we just "figure it out," dimension shift, and all live happily ever after in some great utopia, well read that sentence aloud to yourself and judge for yourself how ridiculous it sounds.

Honestly I could see something happening naturally here on earth and maybe for the better of ALL OF MY BROTHERS OF THE HUMAN RACE. That would be awesome but at the same time I would hate to see our race mortally effected by some galactic occurrence. I just don't see that happening. It's esy for some people to look at signs and writings left from an earlier age of humanity but you are looking at just that SOMETHING THAT ALREADY HAPPEND AND WAS DOCUMENTED. As for 2012 can you give me something concrete about Dec. 21 2012? If so please do if not like I said I'm buying the beer

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Here is your one liner.

2012 = SOMETHING

Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm all for a legitimate 2012 thread. No offense, but this is useless. There are hundreds of threads stating "nothing will happen 2012" already. There are probably just as equally many stating that something will happen. Go voice your opinion to one of them. If not, then reply to something of mine more than just the first line.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by swampcricket

I can see where you're coming from about having to daughters. However I don't think I would want to bring children into this messed up world is this. I pray for something happens good or bad it doesn't matter I this will be the change and I'm gonna be sorely disappointed in 2012 doesn't happen because I do have all my stock in it. I think you're too many people who have an expectation that something is gonna happen to change your lives for the better this year. So this doesn't happen I believe that we people are expecting it to happen going to make it happen by force because it's time for change mothner nature's gonna give it to us I think were gonna have to take it. I don't see how anyone could not want change right now even if it's catastrophic. I look forward to the day when people have to learn how to survive on their own accord to go out hunt for the food. No more hormones and chemicals in our food and drinks and we live tog give us cancer. Our credit will be wiped clean and will no longer matter. we can appoint a new government. That is if we chose to elect one, d if we do it would revive the constitution. we can use technologies that I've been blocked from much like clean efficient fuel. a lot of the laws that block a progression as human beings will no longer be there It will be easy to evade thes blocks.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Well by me saying nothing will happen and you saying something will isn't that the purpose of this site. You prove me wrong NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. But at the same ti e SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN. Who wins? I'm not posting this thread as a pissing match just some renewed open conversation. Do I think you are wrong? Yes. Do I think I am wrong Yes. That is the purpose of this thread to let other people chime in and give you and I both some outside thoughts. Neither one of cn prove the other wrong so quit whining and play along. And no I didn't start this for points or flags or whatever else you get I just wanted a fresh debate on the subject.

Here is your one liner.

2012 = SOMETHING

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by punisher2012
reply to post by swampcricket

I can see where you're coming from about having to daughters. However I don't think I would want to bring children into this messed up world is this. I pray for something happens good or bad it doesn't matter I this will be the change and I'm gonna be sorely disappointed in 2012 doesn't happen because I do have all my stock in it. I think you're too many people who have an expectation that something is gonna happen to change your lives for the better this year. So this doesn't happen I believe that we people are expecting it to happen going to make it happen by force because it's time for change mothner nature's gonna give it to us I think were gonna have to take it. I don't see how anyone could not want change right now even if it's catastrophic. I look forward to the day when people have to learn how to survive on their own accord to go out hunt for the food. No more hormones and chemicals in our food and drinks and we live tog give us cancer. Our credit will be wiped clean and will no longer matter. we can appoint a new government. That is if we chose to elect one, d if we do it would revive the constitution. we can use technologies that I've been blocked from much like clean efficient fuel. a lot of the laws that block a progression as human beings will no longer be there It will be easy to evade thes blocks.

I wish something would happen as well we need something drastic to get humanity straight.

Second

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I'll tell you what will happen in 2012. Kate and Gin will open the Olympics and Usain Bolt will run faster than any man has ever ran.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I agree with some of the sentiments from earlier posters that something does need to happen. I'm not sure what it would take but something is seriously wrong on this planet, I've been feeling it for a while now deep within my spirit. I am a father of 3 so I certainly don't have apocalyptic visions but something inside me can't help to really not care either way cause I don't want my kids to grow up as slaves to the system.
edit on 29-1-2012 by taccj9903 because: correction

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
I agree with some of the sentiments from earlier posters that something does need to happen. I'm not sure what it would take but something is seriously wrong on this planet, I've been feeling it for a while now deep within my spirit. I am a father of 3 so I certainly don't have apocalyptic visions but something inside me can't help to really not care either way cause I don't want my kids to grow up as slaves to the system.

Sad but true about slaves to the system. The fact that we are reading and responding to threads is the fact that we want something to happen, hell I want something to happen but there is just nothing concrete to say it will. But at the same time I can not say that It will not. All of the MSM columns and some things on other forums as well as this one can never sink the nail into the subject. This is one reason I post and reply on ATS is ithat I get good feedback I might not like it but it's there and can broaden your horizon on subjects. I still stand by my thread title. Prove me wrong or prove me right.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I must say, I'm a little freaked. It's been in the high 50's here in the northeast for a few weeks now, and we still don't have any snow on the ground. I live in the (usually) snowiest place in the continental united states. Nothing but rain. Usually by now it's NEGATIVE 10 degrees. It's now almost February. Our local meteorologists are telling us we might not even get a winter this year, and it might go directly to spring.

This whole 2012 theory hinged on the theory that the earth's poles would change, (causing the currently poles with quadrillions of cubic tons of ice to melt and raise sea levels by miles high, causing a huge tsunami which wipes out most of the world.) It isn't a matter of if, but WHEN. It has happened many times since Earth has been around.

Seems to be what's happening, before my eyes. So far, this entire winter, it's actually been COLDER in FLORIDA than it has been here in the Northeast. Crazy!
edit on 29-1-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

I see what you are suing about the temp. I live in TX and it's been hovering in the 60-70 degree range. As for the pole shift it would only be magnetic. If you are thinking of the continents shifting that is called earth crust displacement and that won't happen. As for the temp again go swimming! That was sarcasm it is really a lot warmer than usual. In TX feb. is usually the coldest month. Why feb no clue I'm an engineer not a meteorologist.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Don't look at me. I have no freaking clue... all I can say is, if it *does* turn out to be a bunch of crap, there's going to be a whole lot of people hiding in shame (people like David Wilcock, and all of those types). I mean, what are they going to say if nothing happens?

Pick any one of these:
The calendar calculation is off a little so it will happen a bit later
The 'transformation' has already started - we just don't know it
WW3 has in fact been underway for some time, it's just a different type of war
It's a process not a single event
The space aliens rescued us
We jumped into a different time line.

I'm sure there are more....
That said, things seem to be getting a little volatile out there so who knows?

edit on 29-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT

This whole 2012 theory hinged on the theory that the earth's poles would change

It doesn't - actually.
It's just one of many theories/beliefs out there.
survive2012.com...
edit on 29-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I never wasted any thought about the three days o darkness. Maybe it happened in te past,, doesn't mean it will happen again.

BUT!!!!

Yesterday my granddaughter was having her birthday. She is now 5

She was singing in herself, humming and then she said (out of a blue sky and without looking at anyone)

the sun goes away and then the stars too, the world will be very angry, because the sun has gone away. Then, just as all the grown people here are going to bed, the will be a large earthquake. The roof will be damaged and everybody runs outside.
But dont be afraid, the sun will come back.
Then she shouted: earthquake, earthquake.
After this she got on with her dollgame, just like that

We were all in a shock and nobody said anything except for one o us who started giggling.

We live in Holland, never experienced an earthquake, so what the hell.

Never even thought about the whole darkness thing, but now I'm wondering...
Creepy.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

That was a good reply. As for ww3 not sure on that, I was in the US military for 12 yrs and believe me there are some strange things that go on there (perfect for a conspiracy website). I so want to believe that IF something goes down this year that it would be something that all of us humans could rebuild and re-establish our advancement in evolution. Do any of the people that replied have a doomsday plan? I don't I was just curious to see if any or how many of my fellow ATS'ers had any.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsosunny
I never wasted any thought about the three days o darkness. Maybe it happened in te past,, doesn't mean it will happen again.

BUT!!!!

Yesterday my granddaughter was having her birthday. She is now 5

She was singing in herself, humming and then she said (out of a blue sky and without looking at anyone)

the sun goes away and then the stars too, the world will be very angry, because the sun has gone away. Then, just as all the grown people here are going to bed, the will be a large earthquake. The roof will be damaged and everybody runs outside.
But dont be afraid, the sun will come back.
Then she shouted: earthquake, earthquake.
After this she got on with her dollgame, just like that

We were all in a shock and nobody said anything except for one o us who started giggling.

We live in Holland, never experienced an earthquake, so what the hell.

Never even thought about the whole darkness thing, but now I'm wondering...
Creepy.

I have seen a few things that they insist that children can see things that adults can't (I believe due to the mind being so young as not to be corrupted with our set ways) where in holland I spent a few years over there. And once again 2012=Nothing

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

Sad but true about slaves to the system. The fact that we are reading and responding to threads is the fact that we want something to happen, hell I want something to happen but there is just nothing concrete to say it will. But at the same time I can not say that It will not. All of the MSM columns and some things on other forums as well as this one can never sink the nail into the subject. This is one reason I post and reply on ATS is that I get good feedback I might not like it but it's there and can broaden your horizon on subjects. I still stand by my thread title. Prove me wrong or prove me right.

I can understand where you are coming from with your OP. I wouldn't be willing to bet either way because I can't prove it either way. However, if I had to answer as though my life depended on it I would have to say nothing will happen. You have to admit though that it is certainly a fascinating topic to discuss. I just wrote a post about 2012 on my blog. My stance was whether or not all the fear mongering and propaganda regarding 2012 could in actuality cause something to happen. Is 2012 going to be a self fulfilling prophecy? If you are interested give it a read.

Lions and Tigers and 2012, OH MY!
edit on 29-1-2012 by taccj9903 because: Grammar correction

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join