It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emerging Irrelevance of the United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
We certainly have our problems but we also hve alot going on for us. Just about every world changing dicovery or device has been a U.S. invention. It is time for Cold Fusion to be released. We have it. It is real. It just needs to be released. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The united states needs to reform its image of big sugar daddy cop to the world and become the beacon of hope to its people we once were. How many immigrants come here looking for the "light of the world" anymore. If they come it's for economic reasons. The inspiration we once were is now filled with greed and hunger.

The USA should focusing on becoming the most educated, prepared nation it can. Invest in education across the board. Make Health and social issues foremost. We should secure civil liberties and in that way "free" people. We dont need to invade their countries and bomb them back into the stone age to "free" them. If we free ourselves they will join us here, or take our example there.

There is hope for the USA. We are a strong and resilient people. We are naive, but we are so because we have good hearts and believe in the good we try to accomplish, all be it misguidedly.

The Fat lady has not sung and till then, hell even after that hag tutes her horn, I will believe my people are worthy of another chance.

The world belongs to the world. Lets prove it.

edit on 29-1-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
We certainly have our problems but we also hve alot going on for us. Just about every world changing dicovery or device has been a U.S. invention. It is time for Cold Fusion to be released. We have it. It is real. It just needs to be released. Split Infinity

So, the bow and arrow, the wheel, fire, gunpowder, chain mail, sword, steam locomotives, powered flight, are all american inventions, WOW, did not know that, thanks.
back on topic, all empires rise and fall, some last a while (Roman, British) others not so long,( Alexanders, Russian) there will always be, and have always been, empires, good, bad, indifferent.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I don't think that the US is getting irrelevant, it's the other countries that are getting more relevance.

For example, I saw some time ago that the biggest bear producer had a good year, with larger sales, but that was because the sales on some countries like Brazil and India were much bigger than before, because sales in the US and the EU were slightly smaller.

I think that the problem is that the world is not driven by heavy industries production as it was last century, and the main actors in the world economics let other countries worry with the other industries without thinking that the future would be different from the past.

The US (and the EU) just need to, once more, adapt to the new circumstances.

But yes, I am an optimist without any real knowledge of world economics.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Speak for yourself

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Thanks for all of the thoughtful replies, those that were thoughtful.
I believe the quality of the typical American has gone so far down, that until this is reversed, if ever, that we are finished as a LEADER. Yes, we will slog our way into the future, but the technological advances by and large will come from somewhere else and primarily benefit the others.
Unless the U.S. utterly destroys any and all competition, through economic or militaristic warfare, we will be left behind. Our youth can't really DO anything that produces wealth, most of them.
Most couldn't tell you what a spark plug is for, how to use a file, repair an appliance, let alone build a computer or a working model of anything.
Illegal immigrants do most of the construction work, so the youth don't learn to hang a door, install or repair plumbing, or wire a fixture or switch.
The schools aren't teaching and the kids aren't learning. Half of Americans are dependent on the government which is dependent upon borrowed money.
Sorry, we are done. At least for a generation or two.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

This is typical of all Empires in their last days.

They become a victim of their own success.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
I believe the quality of the typical American has gone so far down, that until this is reversed, if ever, that we are finished as a LEADER.
That's part of the problem, for most people outside the US, the US was never a leader, only a very powerful country, economically and militarily.

Unless the U.S. utterly destroys any and all competition, through economic or militaristic warfare, we will be left behind.
And that's why most people outside the US doesn't see the US as a leader. Why destroy the competition? Just because the US wants to forcibly be the number one? A leader isn't the one that subjugates all others, is someone that shows all others how things should be done, and by doing them is at the top.

Most couldn't tell you what a spark plug is for, how to use a file, repair an appliance, let alone build a computer or a working model of anything.
Illegal immigrants do most of the construction work, so the youth don't learn to hang a door, install or repair plumbing, or wire a fixture or switch.
They could learn everything if they wanted to, after all that's what the illegal immigrants do. Or do you think they are more intelligent than the American youth?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Don't toss out the baby with the bathwater. Don't you dare put me in the same class as our politicians. I can speak for myself. I have more respect for myself to believe I'm all that you describe in this rant. I have a saying, "If your life sucks its because you suck."

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I don't think the kids are hungry enough, but I do think that will change.
For now though, we have at least one lost generation. I am not saying ALL kids are that way, and this is my limited experience.
But, I see evidence that it is widespread. Compared to most developed countries, we are close to the bottom in our educational standards. Yes, some go on and excel, AND, there are other western countries that have similar problems.
At some point in the near future, the government will simply run out of money and credit. At that point I sense the U.S. government will be a huge burden on the world and the population at home. This stress will try the souls of this nation, and make or break the people. I think we can get through it if we put our video games away for a while and turn the television off and put the weed away, or whatever the distractions are.
This is going to get serious.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

My life doesn't suck. I help people believe it or not. I interact with a lot of people, old and young.
The old people can do things, but they are getting old. The young, "not so much" as they say. And out of shape, God help us.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No..I will not allow it,and I am legion

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Well, if that is the case, we need more like you.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
We are here and getting angrier by the, day thousands of seething pissed off vets,we are just waiting for "them" to make their move.They can't get everyone all at once.It has to start some where and it has to be sweeping.But they will turn their hand and its fight or die time again.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

So, the bow and arrow, the wheel, fire, gunpowder, chain mail, sword, steam locomotives, powered flight, are all american inventions, WOW, did not know that, thanks.
back on topic, all empires rise and fall, some last a while (Roman, British) others not so long,( Alexanders, Russian) there will always be, and have always been, empires, good, bad, indifferent.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Assembly Line, The Telephone, Cell Phones, Personal Computers, Nuclear Power....etc...etc...etc...some of you are WAY TOO TOUCHY!

Because of my sometimes job...I know things about the average Iranian person who just like anyone here...wishes to live thir life prosperous and happy and take care of their loving family. The accounts for over 90% of the Iranian population. The other less than 10% is a bunch of Religious Control freeks who are the ones making money off of Irans vast wealth of Natural Gas and Oil. They use a Secret Police Force to CRUSH any and all decent and unless you have been there....none of you here is qualified to make a judgement on how the Iranian people REALLY feel about their Leaders and the West.

Iran needs our help...time will do this...time for their own people to force change...then we will have allies...not enemies. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join