It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War between Japan and Australia?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Australia is NOT a western nation, Australia is an Eastern nation. The EU and USA are the Western nations.

Given that Australia has been right there, shoulder to shoulder and nose to tail in the mud and the blood with United States soldiers in EVERY major conflict back to World War II, you'll excuse me if I do take Australia to be a right and proper Ally of the United States. Now Eastern nations have been considered Red Communist and specifically but not always referring to the old Warsaw pact nations for the better part of the 20th Century. If you meant it strictly by geography...well, that isn't how I'd think of 'Western Nation.'

Didn't mean to offend...but to my thinking, Australia is definitely a Western Nation in that context..but I suppose we can call ourselves anything we want.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a war between australia and japan?
they are essentially proxys of the same entity, they couldn't possibly war autonomously.

edit on 29-1-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yes we are very much like a western society, however, we are on the other side of the world situated right next to Asia, so we are an EASTERN nation.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your talking about history, while history does connect us with those countries we are and always will be both geographically and economically an Eastern nation.
Its like saying Europe is an Asian or African nation just because they have some history there.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Yes we are very much like a western society, however, we are on the other side of the world situated right next to Asia, so we are an EASTERN nation.

Then you are misinterperating what that means. Australia is a western society which is geographically located in the east. It is a western nation.

Good try though

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by auswally

reply to post by daaskapital

We are preparing for the rise of China, China has already condemned our actions of moving bases up north.

Can either of you 2 please send us a link or information stating that Australian bases have been moved north or relocating north

Fair dinkum, please at very least post facts

Wal

www.news.com.au...

THE biggest shake-up in the nation's defences in decades - transferring military bases to north-western Australia to safeguard from threats from China and India - has been flagged.

Concerns over a need to protect Australia's vast energy reserves from the emerging Asian giants and a push for closer defence ties with the US are driving a review of our bases.

Is that factual enough for you mate?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient
reply to post by Bilder

I resent that remark against Australians totally. They are a fine people and everything but spineless.

I said the govt is spineless not the people try reading before commenting next time

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Nope, can you read the word Flagged
which means it aint happened buddy, and it probaly wont in our life time

I live in WA mate and I am on to this sort of stuff, what you are talking about is the decommisioned Curtain Airbase which hasn't happened yet, it used to house illegal immigrants
the only thing there now is hoppn dogs and a few dingoes
let alone a huge translocation of army/ airforce, personal ,as i said fair dinkum tell the facts

Wal

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Then you are misinterperating what that means. Australia is a western society which is geographically located in the east. It is a western nation.

Good try though

So then would that make Japan a western nation? Or South Korea? Or Brazil? Or South Africa? Are they western nations too? Since they all have similiar politics, society, values, law, etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Good try though

So then would that make Japan a western nation? Or South Korea? Or Brazil? Or South Africa? Are they western
nations too? Since they all have similiar politics, society, values, law, etc.

You are not understanding what the terms "eastern" and "western" mean in this sense.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

The term Western nations is used for nations in the west, Australia is not.
The term Eastern nations is used for nations in the east, Australia is.

There is nothing wrong with being a eastern nation, in fact the Eastern nations is where the world economy is now moving to...
Bye Bye west

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

So what then?
Is it a country with a high proportion of whites?
If that were true then if Australia had been colonized by Asians would it still be called a western nation today?
Is South Africa a western nation just because it has democracy which is the BASIS for a western nation.
Is Japan, or other Asian countries? Are they Western nations? Of course NOT they are Eastern nations that have democracy and other values that originally came from the west.
So just because these countries use western designs does not make them a western nation, they are in the east.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The term Western nations is used for nations in the west, Australia is not.
The term Eastern nations is used for nations in the east, Australia is.

There is nothing wrong with being a eastern nation, in fact the Eastern nations is where the world economy is now moving to...
Bye Bye west

Again, you are wrong. The term is not meant geographically. Use google for crying out loud. This is middle school stuff

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

So what then?
If that were true then if Australia had been colonized by Asians would it still be called a western nation today?
Is South Africa a western nation just because it has democracy which is the BASIS for a western nation.
Is Japan, or other Asian countries? Are they Western nations? Of course NOT they are Eastern nations that have democracy and other values that originally came from the west.
So just because these countries use western designs does not make them a western nation, they are in the east.
again, you are wrong. Try researching.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The term is meant geographically its just that what the west represents is exactly what Australia represents too. For example if democracy, freedom etc had been invented in the east then all the western nations today (USA, UK) would be calling themselves eastern nations as that is the style of society they have.

Australia is an Eastern nation which is close friends of China. Americans wouldn't understand.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

So what then?
again, you are wrong. Try researching.

Is all you can say is I'm wrong? Without providing any information?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

The term is meant geographically its just that what the west represents is exactly what Australia represents too. For example if democracy, freedom etc had been invented in the east then all the western nations today (USA, UK) would be calling themselves eastern nations as that is the style of society they have.

Australia is an Eastern nation which is close friends of China. Americans wouldn't understand.

Get an education on geo-politics. You're embarrassing yourself.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I fail to see how some dumb arse protestors boarding a Japanese whaling boat in a desperate attempt for media attention could blow out to war.

Sure Japan should stop the whaling, we all hate it but Australia and Japan are not going to let something so petty bring 2 nations to war when there are far far bigger problems that the world faces.

P.S, I would have left those protestors on the ship they illegally stormed to face justice for piracy in Japan if I were PM......

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I fail to see how some dumb arse protestors boarding a Japanese whaling boat in a desperate attempt for media attention could blow out to war.

Sure Japan should stop the whaling, we all hate it but Australia and Japan are not going to let something so petty bring 2 nations to war when there are far far bigger problems that the world faces.

P.S, I would have left those protestors on the ship they illegally stormed to face justice for piracy in Japan if I were PM......

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

The term is meant geographically its just that what the west represents is exactly what Australia represents too.

No, I'm afraid that if it was a geographical reference, then the USA & Canada would not be considered western nations. The original terminology was used in reference to Europe being on the western side of the Eurasia land mass.
en.wikipedia.org...

For example if democracy, freedom etc had been invented in the east then all the western nations today (USA, UK) would be calling themselves eastern nations as that is the style of society they have.

Ummmm.........No. See link above.

No, no, no.
See link above!

FYI Japan, South Korea & Brazil are also all considered 'western nations' .....See the link above.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join