It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War between Japan and Australia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hey guys, I was thinking recently since Japan continues to violate Australian territorial waters by hunting in them (whaling, fishing,etc.), should Australia take "action" where it would show it is serious about these continuing violations. Not only that but Japan is also violating international agreements on whaling, which Japan states is for research purposes (yeah right).
Well, Australia has already tried the diplomatic response, first by ignoring the problem then tried to take Japan to the International Criminal Courts, where Japan is due to file its counter-memorial by March 9, 2012.
However,Japan continues to violate Australian Territorial waters. Some Australian MPs have called for warships to be sent to guard our waters, but the government is yet to affirm. But if Japans counter-memorial achieves nothing, (which they are likely to deny, AGAIN!!) will warships in the Southern Ocean become a reality?

Most will probably say no, but there is no denying Australia is preparing itself for something. Just recently there was a massive overhaul of Australian bases with many being relocated in the north of the country. There are also billions of dollars being spent on replacing Australias submarine fleet as well as purchasing new warships and aircraft.
It may not be a conflict with Japan but could be Indonesia or any other country north of Australia. China for example, has been making "friends" with island neighbours of Australia, maybe to get a strategic advantage? As well as America planning on increasing its military force in south-east Asia and Australia. But I say Japan as they are the only ones to date to have actually attacked Australia, and tensions between the 2 countries may yet deteriorate. What do you guys think?
edit on 28-1-2012 by Jace26 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2012 by Jace26 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

I would doubt that a war between them would occur. Japan's forces are mostly defensive since WWII. As for Australia's build up, that's probably from the US rent money for setting up fort there. There will be a world-wide build up of armed forces for the possibility of global war coming out of Satan's Throne, normally referred to as Iran.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Aborigine VS Ninja

Who would win?

Im just throwing out a movie title and tag line for Hollywood to steal from ATS.

I want to see this movie

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient
reply to post by Jace26

As for Australia's build up, that's probably from the US rent money for setting up fort there. There will be a world-wide build up of armed forces for the possibility of global war coming out of Satan's Throne, normally referred to as Iran.

Australias build up is being financed by the Australian government not US rent money. In fact most US forces in Australia are operating at Australian bases in a combined effort.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don't think our Government will do anything.

Most will probably say no, but there is no denying Australia is preparing itself for something. Just recently there was a massive overhaul of Australian bases with many being relocated in the north of the country

We are preparing for the rise of China, China has already condemned our actions of moving bases up north. Australia is playing a dangerous game. Holding live fire drills with the USA and China, selling Uranium to India, while Pakistan is demanding us to sell it to them. Imposing sanctions on Iran and much much more.
edit on 28-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The Australian govt has a reputation for having no spine,I believe the taxpayer just footed the bill to get 3 activists back that were taken from australian waters

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Japan can't (and hasn't) whaled in Australian territorial waters. To do so would be an act of war.

Japan do however use Australian and NZ ports when the need arises. eg repairs, medical emergencies, etc...

Japan registered a formal complaint on the whaling treaty.....Hence they are technically allowed to whale, though they choose to covertly whale under the guise of scientific research despite the world knowing about their commercial whaling fleet.

It's all a PR stunt.

The Greens fabricate their own facts to make the whalers look bad.

The whalers pretend to be doing scientific research to discredit the greens.

Personally (as I have stated before), if the Japanese whalers were to implement some form of breeding program(very hard with whales) that replaced the 1000+ whales caught every year by Japan, I would have absolutely no issues with whalers beyond the fact that I think the methods of capture are brutal in the extreme. Introduce a breeding program and change the methods of capture to a more human method and I will gladly buy whale-meat from a butcher/fishmonger. To me it is no different to eating beef or chicken.

edit on 28/1/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
we shouldnt sell uranium to anyone... We shouldnt sell meat and fruit / veg to anyone, and we should definitly send ships out there. Break our laws in our water get tried by our gov, f the u.n... F the softweiners in parliment. As for war, no. It wouldnt escalate there.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Japan should be protecting their waters, a-la Canada protecting its fisheries from the US in the 19th century.

They are more than entitled to have their navy and coast-guard patrolling those waters and making arrests.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don't believe it would be an act of war for the Austrailian navy to patrol thier own waters as a security measure. The problem would lie in how they deal with these for lack of a better word poachers. Would they arrest them and give them trial in Austrailia or would they be extridited to Japan. I personally believe if thier was an incident between the two countries. There would be a big media hullabulu for about two weeks then the story would disapear.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

If USA is in it, it won't be against Japan.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I resent that remark against Australians totally. They are a fine people and everything but spineless.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

We are preparing for the rise of China, China has already condemned our actions of moving bases up north. Australia is playing a dangerous game.

As an American, I think you're right about a dangerous game. All this crap sure hasn't made the United States any safer, to be sure. We're worse off, the more we expand actually. Funny how that works.

I think Australia has been a great place, by all I know of it. It's best way to remain that way, in my humble opinion, is not to follow the 'global presence' attitude of my nation, but simply retain the quiet and subtle strength it's always had.

It's a shame to see one of the last Western nations that had unique character and attitude start falling in with the rest of the mob for just over-running the planet.

edit on 28-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Most will probably say no, but there is no denying Australia is preparing itself for something. Just recently there was a massive overhaul of Australian bases with many being relocated in the north of the country.

reply to post by daaskapital

We are preparing for the rise of China, China has already condemned our actions of moving bases up north.

Can either of you 2 please send us a link or information stating that Australian bases have been moved north or relocating north

Fair dinkum, please at very least post facts

And Jace 26 we are upgrading our military hardware because it is mostly falling apart
and that is a fact,

As for Australians at war with Japan, well this thread is as lame as Bob Brown and the red head puppet

Wal

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Japan isn't going to be fighting anyone anytime soon. And ffrankly, taking military action against a nation in such shambles would be a good way for australia to get themselves in some deep doodoo with other nations that actually have some firepower...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Australia is NOT a western nation, Australia is an Eastern nation. The EU and USA are the Western nations.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Japan can't (and hasn't) whaled in Australian territorial waters. To do so would be an act of war.

edit on 28/1/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

Japan has whaled in Australian Territorial waters, HOWEVER, the waters which we are talking about are the Australian Antartic Territory waters. Japan does NOT recognise Australias claim their and as a result continues to hunt in OUR waters. Many MPs have stated concern but none of them are willing to send warships at this stage.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

LoLThe Aborigines for sure.

Just get them Drunk and off they go starting fights and destroying everything in their path, including trashing their own houses, that are provided courtesy of the government...

The Ninja's will be so confused

Though I am definately all for sending our military ships to guard our territorial waters. Dont care if Japan recognizes them or not. They don't want to recognize them? We'll detain them and then see if they recognize the waters...
edit on 29-1-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Australia is NOT a western nation, Australia is an Eastern nation. The EU and USA are the Western nations.
australia is eastern only geographically. They are most definitely a western society.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

What the hell are you going on about?
Australia is a westernized country. Always have been.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join