It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I've been lurking on the outside and following dozens of interesting posts in many different of categories I find intriguing for weeks. I had no idea there was one site on the net with such great posts where people actually researched in great depth topics and attempted to come to logical and scientific conclusions. I am thrilled to find other free thinkers not afraid to step outside of bonds and boundaries of science and beliefs and project themselves into a thought. A place where people research and critique alternative thoughts and topics and not condemn and insult the individual based on the hypocritical writings of ancient religions.

I retired last year after more than 40 years as a business executive and owner in the highway and building construction industry. I have recently given my cell phone to the grandkids and now I carry my laptop with me around the house for fun, not for work.

Like many folks here in Arizona, we are transplants from the Ohio river valley region of the midwest. I have been married to the same wonderful lady for more than 35 years and we have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. We live in our quaint little retirement home in a quiet little neighborhood, nestled in the shadows of the Superstition Mountains in Maricopa county, Arizona.

I am/was an outdoorsman, having grown up with a gun in one hand and a fishing rod in the other. I shot archery for several years as a professional competing in many states east of the Mississippi. I have harvested dozens of deer, including more than a dozen large trophy whitetails with a bow and handgun, and other small game too numerous to mention with rifle, shotgun, handgun and bows of every type. The wife and I owned and operated a gun and archery sportsman's center with indoor range, including a sportsman themed restaurant and a video store for several years in a small midwestern town.

I have been told by some of my more science based and physicist acquaintances that I have a 'fertile mind’; they said it was a compliment but I'll leave it to you to decide. I began reading science fiction in the 50s, I am a voracious reader with above average comprehension and I am attempting to read the internet... lol...

I believe in the existence of UFOs, have followed black projects (know a few folks who were involved back in the day, military and civilian, unfortunately most are dead and gone now) like a hound dog on a hot trail;I had a close encounter with what I believe to be an alien, (I think), myself at the age of 17 and yes, I was stone sober and scared #less, which I will never forget, (I've tried); I am an evolutionist and read and research everything I can regarding the evolution of man and known and undiscovered ancient civilizations; I watch ghosthunters and Brad Meltzer’s decoded without fail and I watched Jesse V when his show was still on; I am an avid H1, H2, Science Channel, NatGeo, Military Channel and the like buff and stay glued to the screen with my laptop on my lap; I have made several trips to Wright Patterson Airforce base in Ohio; I have visited other ancient American Indian and purported spiritual and vortex sites in the midwest; I believe man is thousands, possibly millions of years older than believed to be and likely related to and or interbred and or genetically manipulated in some manner by alien visitors; I believe the foundation of physics will be found out to be somewhat incorrect in the next decade by new discoveries; I believe our government lies to us often; I believe the fact our government shifted funding from the CIA to NASA in recent past and the immediacy with which we are now attempting to establish a moon base and move onward to habitate another planet is driven by an impending ELE anticipated to strike in the next 100 to 1,000 years.

My mother supposedly had visions as a young woman and was far more than just highly intuitive and was likely somewhat clarivoyant.
My paternal grandfather was skilled with the laying on of hands to relieve pain and distress from a human body and my parternal grandmother was a charter member of the Mayan Society of the Americas and held spiritual meetings in her home.

Enough for now... thank you for inviting and I am thrilled with the prospect of spending hours researching and posting.

Oh yes, I'm thinking of joining the local MUFON... I would appreciate any input.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS boards. I am especially fond of curmudgeons, particularly old ones. Will look forward to your threads. It is kind of like Christmas finding this site, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

Hi OldCurmudgeon, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Christmas indeed... this is the mother lode which I did not believe even existed... thanks

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Hey thanks to you too Sauron... I'll read the information thoroughly and if I have questions, I'll ask.. Thanks

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

From one old fart to another, welcome.

Enjoy the site.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Excellent intro.
Living in the shadow of Superstition Mountains sounds a little spooky to me though. I wish I could type more but it's almost 6am here. I am sure you will find much of interest here.

Welcome to ATS, hope to see you around.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Warm Welcome to your new addiction...I look forward to your threads.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you Beezer... I really appreciate the welcome and look forward to reading, research and learning...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you too Destinyone... sounds like a ship launched from the moon to a new home planet... lol

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Welcome OldCurmudgeon to a Disney-like Park for Conspiracy Theorist...!

A few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret (ATS).

* Please check out those links posted by the Moderator above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure that you act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. Make sure you are mentally fit with a strong stomach for theory, research and evidence presented.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to know that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will help guarantee that the ride will continue without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil manner and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also those on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

edit on 1/29/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Sounds like your mind has some good qualities that will fit well into the upcoming times. Since you are very openminded I would like to offer the most revolutionizing book on Mother earth to you - it is free to download in my signature link below.The book is called Zhuan Falun and the word Falun means spinning law wheel in Chinese.

It was published in China in 1994 and quickly sold 100s of millions of copies before the communists banned the book and the practice of Falun Dafa Qi Gong in July 1999(just like Nostradamus predicted..). In the book you will see things you will never find anywhere else. The book deals with the meaning of human life, explains everything about our ancient heritage, supernormal(inborn latent) powers, the third eye, how to become a good person and how to not be attached to anything in this dimension while living among all the stuff and the conflicts of ordinary society. The monk escapes the material world but an escape is just a shortcut which becomes a detour. Someone who wants to reach extremely high levels will face all the troubles of ordinary life with a smile, he will not run away from anything.

As you might know we have the many worlds theory in quantuum mechanics which also predict that you have a body in many other dimensions and everything that happens in this dimension has already ahppened in those dimensions where time is ahead of our time...

Just my two cents at my level, no truth can be offered..

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
OldCurmudgeon,

Can you explain why you believe in UFOs? I really can't get myself to accept this subject at all. In my opinion, if aliens were here, we would have seen them by now and not just some second hand reports and grainy videos.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by somerandomuser

Hi Somerandomuser,

You raise a very important and logical question, “why have we not seen the aliens”.
My first reaction would be to say, ‘but have we not seen them but we don’t recognize them as an alien life form’?

I personally believe, based on what I have learned from my earliest education on, thru my years of reading and research in the hard copy world of libraries and magazines, thru attending lectures by those recognized as the best minds in astrobiology, archeology, anthropology, astronomy, astrophysics and the other sciences that mankind, although a product of evolution did not alone evolve to the point we are at today.

Here is where I wander seemingly into a somewhat gray area, seemingly walking a fine line between the beliefs of the religious and my belief in evolution.

I do not believe in creation as described in the religious text, but rather evolution with outside interference or manipulation, a twist genetically if you might.

So this drives me to believe my outside influence on man came to this planet from another part of our universe, whether on a rock, a snowball, or on another sort of UFO as a vehicle.

I believe it very presumptuous of man to believe he is the only game in town.

Rather than bore you with other my numerous reasons supporting my belief in UFOs, I will simply tell you, and this is the first time in years I have openly discussed this with anyone. When I was 17 years old I believe I had an encounter of the 3rd kind with an entity or being which I did not recognize as being from earth.

In answer to questions of others before, I was not using drugs, alcohol or any other sort of stimulants and I was wide awake and functioning normally. Born with gun in my hand and growing up on a farm I can assure you it was not any form of wildlife or farm animal.

I was 17 and the incident was quickly forgotten in lieu of girls, college and other important activities of a seventeen year old. Although my parents have long ago passed, I am still searching thru the remaining boxes of their belongings hoping to find a copy of the police report. I long ago attempted to find a copy thru the police authorities, but I found that documents from that era were never microfiched and only kept for a certain period of time and then destroyed.

The facts according to my memory are: I had told my parents I would arrive at the county fairgrounds to meet them at 11pm. The drive was easily no more than 20 minutes and as I drove along a gravel country road, as most teenagers I was listening to the radio.

Suddenly ahead of me in the car lights I saw ‘something’ in the road, directly in front of my car. My mind responded to the proximity of the image and I locked up the brakes and slid to a stop.

In those seconds as my card slid, I will never forget the image, burned in my mind to this day of an entity or being. It was approximately three feet tall or less, silver, shiny and glowing in appearance with a head too large for the body and eyes too large for the head.

Anticipating the collision I braced both hands on the steering wheel and my mind went crazy thinking I was really in a lot of trouble as I was about to hit something, or someone.

Suddenly my car was stopped dead in its tracks causing me to strike the steering wheel with my chest in a thump. I immediately got out of the car and walked to the front, the car lights still on with the engine off and clearly saw ‘something’ which I did not recognize sort of skitter into the weeds along the side of the road and disappear. I recall some noise in the weeds caused by its departure.

I stood there in the road for a minute blinking and wondering what to do as I believed I might have just hit someone. I called out for a moment to see if anyone answered, with no response.

I was scared #less and decided the best thing to do was get back into the car and go tell my parents.

When I arrived my parents said I was pale as if I had seen a ghost and were very concerned as it was almost midnight. They wanted to know where had I been and what took me so long? It was in fact only a 20 minute drive and it had taken me almost an hour.

Fact: I reported the encounter to my parents, who contacted the sheriff’s deputies at the fairgrounds. The deputies interviewed me, inspected my car recording two apple sized scuffs on the front and top of the chrome car bumper in the dust, and an investigation of the site on the county road was performed by two deputies, my father and some other interested parties the following morning. The site investigation revealed two skid marks of undetermined length in the gravel and seemingly a pathway thru the horse weeds along the side of the road. The most interesting portion of the site visit by two deputies, my father and 2 or 3 of his friends was 3 interesting indentations in a triangular shape in the pasture alongside the road and a small stream. Also, all there seemed to think the ground seemed a little scorched.

Thus I believe in UFOs because I believe I had contact with something not of this earth..

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Hey Gaussq,
Thanks for the link... I began reading last night and although slow and difficult to read... I was really suprised by how it compares to my belief... manking destroy many times... continents sucked in and destroyed many times... I'll let you know when I finish reading and absoring... very interesting read...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Jeez... what a doof I am... 'mankind'... destroyed'... lol sorry about that... must start proof reading and spell checking...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Thanks, please read through the whole book without hesitation, there is nothing better you can do and I really mean it. Please feedback your thoughts after chapter 2, after that chapter many people wonder how it can happen like that....

PS: My second advice is that you go and see the show Shen Yun if you have a chance, it is magic.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Thanks again... I'll watch for it...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Welcome! hope you have many happy hours posting on ats

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Thank you Minnie1985... I do hope to expand my mind somewhat here...

new topics

top topics

join