It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help identify what this is in this vid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think this is probably my first thread that I've ever started on ATS. Been a member for years, and I've finally found something local that I'd like to see identified.

Anyways, I'm in Lethbridge Alberta Canada. Every year the city has an airshow, and it's one of the largest in western Canada so as Ron Burgundy would say, it's quite a big deal. A couple of years ago during practice for the airshow an F18 was practicing maneuvers and while doing a slow flyby it crashed. The pilot ejected and survived the crash, but the F18 exploded upon impact and was completely destroyed. The cool thing about this crash is that they went ahead with the airshow anyways with the wreckage of the F18 in full view of the 50000 people at the show. It lay around 1 hundred feet from the temporary fence put there as the front of the viewing field. Now, before the F18 did it's practice maneuvers there was another set of planes that did their practice run. If I recall this act was called Tora Tora Tora. They did a simulation of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. The guy who was filming this practice run caught an object that looks to be going considerably faster than the planes. I can't make out what the object is, but it looks like a roundish metallic orb. What I was hoping for is if anybody can decide what this orb thing could be.

BTW it is not my video so I couldn't care less if you call it a balloon, a frisbee, a bird, or CGI. I just would like to know what it is.

Here is the vid:

edit on 28-1-2012 by bronco73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I flagged it so the "experts" can let us know what it is.
I hope that they don't say bird.

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

It looks to me like something small, close to the camera, moving relatively quickly, out of focus. I would guess an insect, or maybe a small bird.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I've seen this guy's channel on youtube before. Call me cynical but I'm always a bit skeptical of somebody with great editing skills who can produce such a polished product.

Although having said that I think there would be no need to fake such videos as I'm sure there are many anomolous objects if you spend enough time analysing video of the skies.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

I have seen this before, its a T.S.M.O.O.P.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned

It looks to me like something small, close to the camera, moving relatively quickly, out of focus. I would guess an insect, or maybe a small bird.

I hadn't considered an insect, but if it were an insect it would have to have been quite close to the camera in order to appear as big as it seems in the vid. I would have assumed that it would have taken a more elongated appearance due to the obviously slow frame speed, more like those old videos of the so called rods, would it not?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned

I would have to agree, but Im not an "Expert".

It looks like an insect, and I would guess that it appears to be going faster then the airplane because of the perspective.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by punisher2012
reply to post by spav5

I have seen this before, its a T.S.M.O.O.P.

OK I'll bite. what's a TSMOOP?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Maybe it is what it looks like, a disk shaped craft?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I'm glad you bit. I was going to, but I also don't want to appear ignorant. I'll just read the response he puts in for you.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'll take horsefly for a hundred Alex.

I see a large insect flying by.....

Look at the scale of things in the vid...........

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by punisher2012

Tsmoop. Top secret. Monitoring overhead observation platform

Aka MOOP

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I would say you have an out of focus insect there. In the slowed down parts of the vid you can see it's wings flashing in and out of view as it flies by.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
As mentioned above it looks like s UFI , Unidentified Flying Insect .
Here's a video of another , UFI appears at 0.40

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
We can see that it's closer than the smoke left by the plane, but I think it is too focused to be as close to the camera to be an insect. Also, the shape looks like a bird with the wings closed (or just not visible), so I think it was a bird.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
bug

top topics

join