It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada, Paul's great hope to remain relevant in the primaries?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ron Paul has not won a State as of yet despite this being his third attempt at the GOP nomination and the presidency. If Paul comes third or fourth in Florida this will only further add to his low chances for the nomination, however the States following Florida, Nevada, Maine, Minnesota, the GOP demographics here fit the type of voters Paul is fishing for in the race. Nevada in particular in my opinion is probably one of the states Paul has the best chance of actually winning in the primaries and will solidify his position as a player in the race. In 2008 he only came second to Romney in this state, and with his campaign money saved from being excessively spent in Florida, he may actually outspend Romney and all the other candidates here in the end.

Currently Romney is leading in the polls for Nevada, Gingrich is second, but once Paul gets his campaign into action there after Florida, the polls may change:
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Why is this significant? It is my opinion that Paul is collecting delegates and support not for the nomination now but for the goal toward making some deal come the convention, possibly to get part of his agenda into party goals, heck, maybe a chance for him to eventually become a VP runner? (Gingrich already stated that he sympathized with Paul on the Federal Reserve, this may be good example of a recognition within the GOP that a deal needs be made for Paul at some point). Winning a State or more will only assist Paul with his agenda and his influence in the party. I'm sure Paul winning Nevada will also be something for Paulers to be happy about, because for once he'll come first in an actual State. Anybody from Nevada? is there a strong Paul presence there?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

The Possible Key Victory awaiting Ron Paul is in Virginia . One on One with Romney , if he cannot Win that Primary then he chances do not look good in getting the nomination . He must rethink his approach to Foreign Affairs and talk a little more indepth about his Ideas on fixing the Economy other than just Debt Reduction and eliminating certain Wasteful Agencies IMO .

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Virginia comes too late in the campaign. He needs to win a state before super tuesday.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Picked up a couple endorsements in Maine today.

Maybe the govenor next!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Florida is winner take all right? So it doesn't matter what anyone comes in after first place.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

He needs to get mad and start giving speeches as answers. People like that. Like Newt raving when they asked him the question about his "open marriage proposal" that was all staged of course. He himself tried to get Clinton impeached for the same behavior, but people don't care what nonsense is being spewed they just want passion. Also when he rips on someone he does it almost apologetically, he needs to cut that out. He needs to get fired up. I wish I could tell him that.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Agreed. I've been saying the same thing for a while.

You need to tell this to the campaign. Ron Paul runs one of the dumbest campaigns I've ever seen. The strategy is too mathematical in nature, the ads are mainly all attack, and the debate performances are abysmal. They rely entirely on word of mouth for support and this places a big burden on volunteers. You can blame network news but only up to a point. Ron Paul also takes a lot of time off. I thought this was the campaign of personal responsibility but it doesn't seem to echo those values.

top topics

join