It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trumpets of God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I got into a fevered argument with my aunt about the trumpets from the book of Revelations. I tried to explain to her that these "strange noises" heard all around the world, were in fact the trumpets; in return she says the trumpets are not audible and are a realization that the end of days had began. I didn't believe her, God works through the physical and his actions are for all to witness, why would he leave such a thing up to interpretation.

What's your take on this.?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

If it happens, I doubt anybody on Earth would hear it...it never says in the bible its intended for us to hear it. It's for the angels to hear so they know when to do what they gotta do, like start the apocalypse. That is of course if you believe in it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't want to offend you, but the bible should not be taken seriously.

There are a lot of things in the bible that don't make sense, we are in the year 2012, we should not sit around and worry about centuries old nonsense.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
why would he leave such a thing up to interpretation.

Probably the same reason the entire bible is a mess of contradictions, after all the bible is where this horn non-sense come from right?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
"LOOK< A CHRISTIAN!" -points-

Look out bro, don't you know you can't post your Bible stuff on here!

-sarcasm off-

Yeah, if it happens to be true, I believe it would be more like the walls of Jericho, you know?

Everybody will hear it at once, imho. Good luck, I hope you brought your body armor...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think if it happens, it will either be heard by everybody, or by nobody.

The trumpets can be interpreted either as physical, or spiritual as far as I know. But if they are physical, I would think that they would be heard worldwide. And I dont mean youtube, I mean like outside EVERYBODY'S houses.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

don't you know you can't post your Bible stuff on here

Is that why there is a religion forum on this site?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
"Strange noises" are now the trumpets from the book of revelation?

Why on earth would you arrive at such a conclusion? I thought there were 7 trumpets? I'm sure I have seen more than 7 write ups about 'strange noises'.

Anyway, doesn't this mean you can simply admit you are just paranoid:

The first trumpet causes hail and fire that destroys much of the plant life in the world (Revelation 8:7). The second trumpet brings about what seems to be a meteor hitting the oceans and causing the death of much of the world’s sea life (Revelation 8:8-9). The third trumpet is similar to the second, except it affects the world’s lakes and rivers instead of the oceans (Revelation 8:10-11).

The fourth of the seven trumpets causes the sun and moon to be darkened (Revelation 8:12). The fifth trumpet results in a plague of “demonic locusts” that attack and torture humanity (Revelation 9:1-11). The sixth trumpet releases a demonic army that kills a third of humanity (Revelation 9:12-21). The seventh trumpet calls forth the seven angels with the seven bowls of God’s wrath

Meaning, according to that, there should be terrible events lashed out by God ( nice bloke ) upon humanity during these trumpet episodes. How do you account for this in your 'theory'?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
We probably will not hear them......However, we will feel them in the most terrible way

edit on 28-1-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Why are you and your aunt arguing about the trumpets? How do you know that God announces things physically? In my opinion, he can do whatever he wants, he doesn't have to follow your thoughts. It sounds like you are believing what you want to believe on this one. Sorry.
edit on 28-1-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The strange sounds heard all over the world were tests conducted by the NWO Elites before the real thing (part of Project Bluebeam).

Mark my words - one day, people will hear a voice from the sky. Then, there will speculations (being the voice of God) and chaos.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
These Horns sound slightly like the reapers on mass effect 2 (the reapers are the alien invaders etc.). If the trumpets were biblical I think we would be feeling the effects right now and like the comments before, everyone should've been able to hear it at the same time. I still don't really understand these sounds since I haven't personally heard them, and they say the sounds have been distorted because they were recorded. But I think they may be a signal for something.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

why would he leave such a thing up to interpretation.

Probably the same reason the entire bible is a mess of contradictions, after all the bible is where this horn non-sense come from right?

This is in reference to a prophetic book.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Why are you and your aunt arguing about the trumpets? How do you know that God announces things physically? In my opinion, he can do whatever he wants, he doesn't have to follow your thoughts. It sounds like you are believing what you want to believe on this one. Sorry.
edit on 28-1-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

I don't know, it started with something about my soul and what not. Maybe she does love me.?
And I guess god can do whatever he want, but when my god says he is going to do something he does it. Regaurdless of what medium he chooses. Trumpets are trumpets, they make sounds right.? Maybe I am wrong...I never said my theory was concretized. Which is why I made this thread...To get opinions from like minded individuals.

Can all bible bashers please exercise the right not to post. Thank you

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Audiokat

Why on earth would you arrive at such a conclusion? I thought there were 7 trumpets? I'm sure I have seen more than 7 write ups about 'strange noises'.

The first trumpet causes hail and fire that destroys much of the plant life in the world (Revelation 8:7). The second trumpet brings about what seems to be a meteor hitting the oceans and causing the death of much of the world’s sea life (Revelation 8:8-9). The third trumpet is similar to the second, except it affects the world’s lakes and rivers instead of the oceans (Revelation 8:10-11).

The fourth of the seven trumpets causes the sun and moon to be darkened (Revelation 8:12). The fifth trumpet results in a plague of “demonic locusts” that attack and torture humanity (Revelation 9:1-11). The sixth trumpet releases a demonic army that kills a third of humanity (Revelation 9:12-21). The seventh trumpet calls forth the seven angels with the seven bowls of God’s wrath

Meaning, according to that, there should be terrible events lashed out by God ( nice bloke ) upon humanity during these trumpet episodes. How do you account for this in your 'theory'?

+1 to most of this. I disagree with the last sentence or so... but the rest is correct. Revelation is pretty specific about what happens when the trumpets are sounded. These events, creepy though they may be, have nothing to do with the 7 trumpets (which indicate specific judgements at specific times throughout the Tribulation period, which occurs after the rapture of the church - which hasn't happened yet).

Have you read Revelation?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

Originally posted by Audiokat

+1 to most of this. I disagree with the last sentence or so... but the rest is correct. Revelation is pretty specific about what happens when the trumpets are sounded. These events, creepy though they may be, have nothing to do with the 7 trumpets (which indicate specific judgements at specific times throughout the Tribulation period, which occurs after the rapture of the church - which hasn't happened yet).

Have you read Revelation?

I'll reread the book before I go to sleep. But I mean how much time will elapse before these things happen.? Parts of the bible are kind of hazy on time duration

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The trumpets in Revelation chs 8&9 occur within John's vision.
They are signals to John, and presumably to the inhabitants of heaven, about new stages in the development of events.
There is no indication that they can be heard by the inhabitants of the earth.
In fact, if you look closely, you will see that the inhabitants of the earth don't react to them. They only react to the various events that follow on.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think it is a very spooky thought that these sounds would be the trumpets of revelation.

I have not heard the sounds myself, but I read in another thread where someone suggested the same and it gave me shivers.

I hope they are not.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I got into a fevered argument with my aunt about the trumpets from the book of Revelations. I tried to explain to her that these "strange noises" heard all around the world, were in fact the trumpets; in return she says the trumpets are not audible and are a realization that the end of days had began. I didn't believe her, God works through the physical and his actions are for all to witness, why would he leave such a thing up to interpretation.

What's your take on this.?

My take on the sounds is twofold. Im a spiritual person that see religons/science as descripton of everything including god. I was ones at a Christian Mass that I normaly aren't but I wanted to see how far the priest had evolved and what he was preeching. I was suprised as I have been mostly last year how far people see around me where I thought they where caught in the dream. In this mass there where a passage where the people are singing their praise to god and Jesus is asked why he don't stop them from singing because they are making a lot of noise. Jesus say that if people are not allowed to sing then the very rocks will start to sing.

Above is not literal but what I remeber about it. I only read the bible when I get a synchronicity urge and then it is only the part I need. And I always logicly look at the message and see if it is of the devine or the ego.

If I look at it from a new age point of view I can think of the noise as part of the earths evolution especially the opening of the throat chakra. If earth do have a concious that we are a part of and it is able to sing then it will be very interesting to hear what it will sound like if we can hear it and what affect it will have on ous. Life in gods matrix becomes more intersting every day. What a ride. Namaste
edit on 29-1-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am not sure these sounds are not the trumpets, I agree its not likely, but maybe

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join