It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fried food not a direct cause of heart risk, new research finds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I read somewhere that there are better oils to use hot and that you should not use olive oil for frying cas it breaks down in funky ways....

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by caladonea

I read somewhere that there are better oils to use hot and that you should not use olive oil for frying cas it breaks down in funky ways....

Actually...if you fry foods in olive oil at the correct temperature...it is a very healthy oil to use in frying.

Link: www.helpwithcooking.com... Scroll down the page to "Frying With Olive Oil" section.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks i didnt know that. Olive is my favorite oil but I recently stopped using it for frying. Now I can use it again on a lower heat...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So one prospective cohort study, which is an observational study, is enough evidence to pardon fried foods now?

These types of studies MUST be corroborated because they don't show an arrow of causation; they merely show a correlation.

Using the such fallacious logic, one could say that shaving less than once per day will cause a heart attack in men based on this study: aje.oxfordjournals.org...

The one fifth (n = 521, 21.4%) of men who shaved less frequently than daily were shorter, were less likely to be married, had a lower frequency of orgasm, and were more likely to smoke, to have angina, and to work in manual occupations than other men.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join