It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight, gay, lesbian, bi, or transgender; big deal!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
In a harsh world like this, how can parents, friends, family, ect.. not accept someone for being lucky enough to find love? Straight, gay, lesbian, bi, or transgender; big deal, love is love. Get over the homophobic nonsense. Its becoming the past. Why do some many hate and judge? Why do so many want to be accepted when they cant accept? I have a few lesbian and gay friends, they seem to have stronger feeling's and emotions than my straight friends. I shake my head to those who judge based on a belief system from childhood, religion, cult, school, country, ect.. or any other reason they have to judge someone. To judge someone shows you have hate in the heart and in turn can harm the self more than anything else. I give a applause to those who avoid to judge and find love in there heart to accept and love those around them as this is becoming more popular than ever. I thank everyone who is showing love from the heart or is starting to. Its goes a long ways and we need it right now to have a smooth journey.

edit on 28-1-2012 by unknown32 because: hit enter by accident

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
gay people can't reproduce last i checked.
Whats the point in living if you don't reproduce?
you're not contributing to the continuation/evolution of our race.

homosexuality is a fetish, and people want to live there whole life's in that fetish. stupid.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Agree a million fold. People in general need to learn to mind their own business so they won't be minding others. The ONLY reasons for others to be concerned about what another is doing is if they are a child molester, armed robber or abusive person and they're moving next door/to the neighborhood.

Even then, let things lie unless something massive happens where they are fully to blame.

I truly dislike how everyone bawwws for personal respect and privacy - yet turn around and need to tell everyone how to live, love, do whatever to their own bodies, etc.

This song really should become the new World Song:

It was preformed by both Moe Bandy, Hank Williams Sr and Hank Williams Jr over the years.

"Well if the wife and I are fussin' brother that's our right

Cause me and that sweet woman's got a licence to fight

Why don't you mind your own business mind your own business

Well if you mind your own business then you won't be minding mine

Well I got a little gal she wears her hair up high

The boys all whistle when she walks by

Oh the woman on the party lines a nosey thing

She pick up her receiver when she knows it's my ring

[ guitar ]

If I wanna honky tonk around till two or three

Now brother that's my headache don't you worry bout me

I might tell a lotta stories that may not be true

But I can get to heaven just as easy as you

Mindin' other people's business seems to be hightone

But I got all that I can do just miding my own

Why don't you mind your own business (mind your own business)

Mind your own business (mind your own business)

Yeah if you mind your own business then you won't be minding mine

source: www.lyricsondemand.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord

homosexuality is a fetish, and people want to live there whole life's in that fetish. stupid.

Whether gay or straight, reproducing isn't the only reason to live. There are many straight people who cannot or don't want to, reproduce.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Just because they cannot reproduce doesn't mean it's unnatural or fettish. Homosexuality occurs in nature on daily basis as well. Do you call animals fetish?
Btw, it's THEIR, not there.

Oh, and one more thing, who are people who judge gays because of they are who they are. It's their feelings that make them who they are, can you control your feelings? Especially when these feelings are natural for YOU? They do not hurt anyone just because they are who they are.
Do you know who should you judge? People who know they are doing bad things and yet they do them: rapists,murderers, thieves, many politicians (which count as thieves basically...), etc.

I am straight, but one of my friends is gay, and he is one of the nicest people I know.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Lol Maybe some don't want or need to reproduce. That's not the number one reason for being alive.

I think there are tons of fetishes in the world. Yay! Cuz plain out vanilla sex is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. Man on top. Whatever.
To each their own, man. Try to be a little more tolerant of others whose lives have nothing to do with you. Learn to love everyone. Celebrate differences and choices and rights to live how we want.

I go between being hardcore Christian and being polytheist Agnostic.
I'm pro choice.
I'm anti war.
I'm anti drugs.
I'm for separation of religion and state.

But most of all, most importantly, I'm TOTALLY for each person to live life as they see fit and right for them because the only choices which matter to me are my own. If Betsy down the street gets an abortion, that's her choice to wear. If Matt and Paul are lovers, yay, they have love. None of my business but to be happy people can love in this day and age of fear, hate and strife. If Rita and Joe want war and think we need to wipe out everyone over seas, I agree to disagree but do not judge em for it.

Hell, everything in life which isn't my personal path in life, I agree to agree or disagree and don't judge others for their personal path.

Sad when in the world, a majority of the worst haters wear some kind of Religious label.
No wonder religion has such a negative name. A real sad shame. My christian background, I was raised to love everyone equally no matter their choices in life. I have my own to worry on. I can't wear every one else's choices. That'd be one hell of a backache and just make me bitter and resentful.

WAIT. i'm on to something here. Hm........

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

why reproduce when we cant sustain the numbers already

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
well, as my gay cousin once told me, he is gay because it is easier to get laid by other men and it takes less effort than it does to get laid by a woman. So, love has nothing to do with it. He's gay basically because he is horny. He also told me that a lot of his gay friends feel the same way.

Now, I have a gay friend and he actually finds women sexually repulsive where my gay cousin finds women attractive, he would sleep with a woman but he would have no intentions on dating a woman.. My friend is gay and is only attracted to men on the physical and emotional where as my cousin and his friends are gay out of convenience or like another posted stated, a fetish.
edit on 28-1-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Check again...there are plenty of gay people that have reproduced.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

Say WHAT??? You are actually suggesting that somebody kill themselves if they don't plan on reproducing, because they're "wasting resources"?

Not only does that not make a lick of sense, but it is mean as hell. Perhaps it is you who shouldn't breed, because if you would suggest that a perfect stranger off themselves for not thinking like you do, I can't imagine how you would get if your kid did something you didn't like.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

So true. If a lesbian couple wants a child, they could always go to a sperm bank. You don't need sex with a man and a women to produce. If a gay couple would like a child, they could adopt the child the straight couple dint want at the time.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I can't believe this country is still arguing over this issue. If the gay marriage thing was passed twenty years ago, I swear you hate mongers would be over it by now.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
this is always gonna be a valid argument , along with abortion and religion

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
To all the homophobes on here... finally a cure.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold

Just because they cannot reproduce doesn't mean it's unnatural or fettish. Homosexuality occurs in nature on daily basis as well. Do you call animals fetish?
Btw, it's THEIR, not there.

Don't believe the bible because man wrote it, believe science because man wrote it, and homosexuality is doable because animals are doing it. Obey laws made by man. War is acceptable, except if you believe in God. Teach tolerance, but only tolerance for the things which the bible forbids, you are to have no tolerance for those who have a tolerance for the bible. If you disagree with me, you are wrong, a bad person, and what you say should not be tolerated. Remain ignorant of the bible, and we shall be satisfied. (This is the message I see on a daily basis.)
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Ugh! Again?!?!

There is nothing wrong with the reproductive system of those attracted to same gender.

They are more then capable of reproducing.

Should you be forced to have sex with same gender to fit into society or some God thing?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by wlord

Say WHAT??? You are actually suggesting that somebody kill themselves if they don't plan on reproducing, because they're "wasting resources"?

Not only does that not make a lick of sense, but it is mean as hell. Perhaps it is you who shouldn't breed, because if you would suggest that a perfect stranger off themselves for not thinking like you do, I can't imagine how you would get if your kid did something you didn't like.

He's trolling every one. He told me my boyfriend had a heart attack the other day because 'he's a fat bastard and I should stop feeding him mcdonalds'." I think everyone should report him fast.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Whether gay or straight, reproducing isn't the only reason to live. There are many straight people who cannot or don't want to, reproduce.

Agreed. Many of the greatest contributors in history never reproduced. Now look at how many morons out there are dropping 2 or 3 of their awesome [sarcasm] offspring off at the watering hole to mingle with humanity's destiny.

Personally, I'm liking the idea of an entire culture that isn't adding to the population, but instead are adopting the kids most of us heterosexuals have forgotten about. I commend them, and support them.

edit on 28-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join