It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. Louis Hosts First Big 'Welcome Home the Heroes Parade' [Video]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Outstanding!!

St. Louis to Host First 'Welcome Home the Heroes Parade'
by Bob Moore, SLFP.com

ST. LOUIS, MO, (SLFP.com), January 26, 2012 - The first Welcome Home the Heroes Parade for post 9/11 troops in the country is scheduled to be held in downtown St. Louis this Saturday, January 28, 2012, beginning at 12 p.m.

Grassroots organizers Craig Schneider and Tom Appelbaum partnered with The Mission Continues to plan a patriotic parade featuring floats, trucks, motorcycles and other vehicles, marching bands and other entertainment.

Another source...

Thousands greet veterans at St. Louis parade

(Reuters) - Thousands of people lined the streets of downtown St. Louis on Saturday cheering on marchers in a parade honoring veterans of America's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the nation's first major welcome to soldiers since the end of the Iraq War.

Personally, I think that this should be mandatory for every city in this Great Nation. No matter your view, these men and women risked there lives for a country that they believe and take pride in. Not everyone that went over there made it back and made the ultimate sacrifice. The country as a whole should at minimum throw a parade to thank each and every one of them accordingly, like we always used to do when our guys would come home.

No need to just limit the thanks to Veterans Day, and no need to just remember the fallen on Memorial Day. I personally feel this should be something that one should say thank you to each and every day even if just on the breeze.
edit on 1/28/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I was there and it was a great homecoming! I have been where these guys are now, and I was glad to be there to welcome them home! The people that sent them in harms way are pieces of you know what, but they are as good as gold! A job well done guys and gals!! There are some of us that will never forget the sacrifices you have made!
WELCOME HOME!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Beyond

I bet it was quite emotional for you and everyone present, bitter/sweet indeed.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'll be honest I'm from Saint Louis I didn't know this happened. I didn't see it on the news... Odd.

I recognize where they are... I bet a lot more people would have come if the event organizers promoted it more..

People love parades especially ones that r so happy like this
edit on 29-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join