It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police fire tear gas as Occupy Oakland marchers near convention center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Police fire tear gas as Occupy Oakland marchers near convention center

www.insidebayarea.com

Police have fired tear gas and flash bang grenades at Occupy Oakland protesters as they marched near the Oakland Museum of California.

As marchers walked up Oak Street near 12th Street, a line of police blocked the path and declared it an unlawful assembly. Police then fired tear gas and some protesters tweeted rubber bullets were fired into the crowd.

The marchers turned around and began marching in the opposite direction, and are headed back to Frank Ogawa Plaza.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I haven't heard about anything to do with the Occupy movement for a while now. The flash bang grenades and tear gas go hand in hand with this officer pointing his gun at protesters.

twitpic.com...

Whether you agree with the occupy movement or not this might be a sign of things to come and there will probably be a lot of unrest once Winter turns into Spring.

www.insidebayarea.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: link for picture

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I was just watching this, even seen your photo in real motion here Oakland live stream

Seems to of calmed down a bit now, however i dont believe the police are just going to go home. It's a fairly large gathering at the moment, waiting for police to storm any time now.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
theyre about to march again now, could get very interesting

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Thanks for the update

Judging from what you have seen so far, do you think the police overreacted or were they justified to use the tear gas?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

not trying to hijack. Thread about action today is here, along with live stream url

ats thread

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

George Soros said they were going to come back and this time be violent. Is this what he was referring to. Georgie Porgie paying the price. I wonder what this is going to cost him. While they sit back the rest are going to wind up in a local FEMA camp.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Thanks for the heads up, I will alert the mods to shut this one down.

That's the second duplicate thread I authored today

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Not sure if you should shut yours down. yours is link to news article, mine is link to the live stream. you can actually go through his footage from earlier if you are interested to see what started the teargas/flashbangs/rubber bullets.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

George Soros said they were going to come back and this time be violent. Is this what he was referring to. Georgie Porgie paying the price. I wonder what this is going to cost him. While they sit back the rest are going to wind up in a local FEMA camp.

It's possible He's behind it !!

He does nothing unless he has a stake.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Already posted / discussion on going.

ATS thread - Occupy Oakland live stream

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle

not trying to hijack. Thread about action today is here, along with live stream url

ats thread

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join