It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiment: What would YOU do?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I would quietly attract the attention of an employee, show them the conversation, and let the store handle it. After all...

Confrontations can get ugly with those sort of people, and I've no desire to get in a fistfight over a pitbull when there are other solutions readily available.

Letting it alone is the worst possible solution. The dog needs a champion...

Any other solution would cause too much trouble, and I wouldn't want to be any more involved than necessary.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This is who is you are, and you hide behind.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I would go up to the person and say to there face hay, i bet my dog can bet that dog up, No really i would probely say something to the person talking.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by electricalpup

It took 5 pages to see anyone answer this way. Bravo!
I normally don't post, but while I was reading this thread, I kept wondering if anyone was gonna buy the 2 year old pit bull?
Maybe everyone else didn't mention it because they thought it was obvious???

That would have been my first action as well. Buy the dog and let the manager know they are looking for animals to use for dog fights.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I havent read all the post in this thread so maybe im alone in my opinion but I would go with (A.) mainly because i dont see what the big deal is in using animals for sport, we do it with horses whats the difference if they get hurt or not when we as a race wholesale slaughter animals for food and a quarter if not more of it gets thrown away and wasted. we talk of moral obligations but what of racial superiority and dominance? i mean sure alot of you may have pets and feel disgusted by it but so do vegans by us eating meat we all have differences so what if a fraction of humanity enjoys watching animals hurt each other for sport after all people like boxing and wrestling and in the past gladiator matches. we may try to deny our darker nature but its still there and to deny that is to deny what it means to be human now im not saying we should go out and murder or kill animals for pure entertainment but should it really be considered so much of a crime when we slaughter animals by the hundreds?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

As a constitutionalists, ideally I would place them under citizens arrest(assuming I had the time and equipment to record more of their conversation to corroborate what I heard).

Less then ideal, E) go to jail and hope there is animal welfare people on the Jury.....

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I would notify the store manager and the local humane society and the police. I would not mind my own business.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blend57
reply to post by electricalpup

It took 5 pages to see anyone answer this way. Bravo!
I normally don't post, but while I was reading this thread, I kept wondering if anyone was gonna buy the 2 year old pit bull?
Maybe everyone else didn't mention it because they thought it was obvious???

That would have been my first action as well. Buy the dog and let the manager know they are looking for animals to use for dog fights.

I almost wrote that I would go up to them and confront them but decided not to for the same reason buying the dog would not work. It won't stop them. They'll just go to another pet store. You have to get the authorities involved.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
personally as a person who owns 2 pit bulls, and they are my babies!! i would try to confront them, it would either end in them leaving the store and me reporting them, or them attacking me in which case they will be detained anyways

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join