It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel superior to everybody because my emotions are shallow.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lBLaCkOuTl

Originally posted by Alyssa
Not trying to offend you guys here or anything. I think a good 95% of you guys are controlled by your emotions and beliefs. I on the other hand have shallow emotions allowing me to see the world as atoms and human connections for it's true shallow cold nature. Most people live in the illusion of love and spirituality, but can not see behind the curtain.

People with my great mind see only lights and clock works of all functions. You so called normal people see the illusions of friendships/relationships such as love. Which brings me ask why should most of society wake up?. They deserve to be enslaved like the morons they are. Do I not have the right to manipulate them sheep for my own self growth? The sheep never will and can not reach my mental high status of freedom in this lifetime anyway.

The only price I pay is having cloudy thoughts. That's no problem cause I'm good at pretending to be normal, so much as of matter of fact I can get many things from people. Fake being sweet and lovable works the best or maybe today be a simple minded low value person. So many things I pretend to be to gain peoples trust. I do this not to be what you define as evil, no it's self growth and small pleasures.

I am quite open minded, infact, reading twice through the OP i'm inclined to think you didn't get your point across efficiently, maybe you would like another attempt? I do not post in jest, i merely suggest an edit as your original post will attract fools and idiots whereby an informed post will attract the opposite!!

No, won't attract idiots. But will attract a backlash, especially if you claim to be better than people you don't even know.

Tell us what point did you obtain after having to read the OP twice?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Not trying to offend you guys here or anything. I think a good 95% of you guys are controlled by your emotions and beliefs. I on the other hand have shallow emotions allowing me to see the world as atoms and human connections for it's true shallow cold nature. Most people live in the illusion of love and spirituality, but can not see behind the curtain.

People with my great mind see only lights and clock works of all functions. You so called normal people see the illusions of friendships/relationships such as love. Which brings me ask why should most of society wake up?. They deserve to be enslaved like the morons they are. Do I not have the right to manipulate them sheep for my own self growth? The sheep never will and can not reach my mental high status of freedom in this lifetime anyway.

The only price I pay is having cloudy thoughts. That's no problem cause I'm good at pretending to be normal, so much as of matter of fact I can get many things from people. Fake being sweet and lovable works the best or maybe today be a simple minded low value person. So many things I pretend to be to gain peoples trust. I do this not to be what you define as evil, no it's self growth and small pleasures.

I believe they (psychologist) would call this type of behavior: Psychosis. I am no psychologist so I will just call you a troll....

Delusions of Grandeur

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I wouldn't go as far as to say the OP is a psychopath.

gran·di·ose   [gran-dee-ohs]
1. affectedly grand or important; pompous: grandiose words.
2. more complicated or elaborate than necessary; overblown: a grandiose scheme.
3. grand in an imposing or impressive way.
4. Psychiatry: having an exaggerated belief in one's importance, sometimes reaching delusional proportions, and occurring as a common symptom of mental illnesses, as manic disorder.

It's more common than you think. Thoughts dictate a person's beliefs, feelings and actions. Depending on where one stands in a room, they may see certain cracks in a wall that others cannot, or they may simply feel as though they can. It doesn't make any person more superior or inferior than another, it just shows that the individual is somewhere else, feeling a different way than another, and with time the other person may reach this state themselves.

Many are indeed seriously messed up by culture, dominated by the beliefs and viewpoints of those surrounding them, unable to think outside the box for themselves.

Not having burdening emotions can have its positives and negatives. During times of being detached from reality and a plain hermit, I definitely did feel more open minded than others, capable, in my head, of being able to look down on the specks of sheep following each other in single-file.

Thought and realization can take many paths. Sometimes it is annoying to see how dominated the lives of others are by all of these interior and exterior factors, but it is what it is, and chances are there are more people like you than you could possible think of, after all, we're all individuals, but we are all so damn similar at the same time. All in all, you cannot possibly know everybody and their feelings and thoughts. You can feel as though you do, but chances are that it's a symptom of something if it dictates your life daily and makes you feel vastly superior to others constantly.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Lack of emotion is in and of itself an emotion. It usually involves depression, social anxiety or even schizophrenia. However, I don't believe you have a lack of emotion.
You are more than likely just a cynic. Not without emotion, but filled with an abundance of NEGATIVE enotion about others.

1. A person who believes all people are motivated by selfishness.
2. A person whose outlook is scornfully and often habitually negative.
3. Cynic A member of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who believed virtue to be the only good and self-control to be the only means of achieving virtue.

Definition of cynic

BTW...I just noticed your mood on your profile is relaxed. Relaxed is again...an emotion. Basically means free from anxiety or tension. Anxiety is an emotion, so therefore lack of anxiety is also an emotion.

Combine both your cynicism and your profile show you indeed have emotions, you therefore are also a hypocrite.

Definition of HYPOCRITE
: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

But...in all fairness to you, you did admit to this in your OP so I guess I feel like DestinyOne

Originally posted by Destinyone
Why did I waste my time on this.....

edit on 28-1-2012 by webpirate because: additional thoughts

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
To be quite distant from one's emotions, is a trait of Schizoid personality disorder---not to be confused with schizophrenia!

Perhaps that distance= shallow?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa
[more Why would you pretend to be normal? What do you consider normal? If "it's" all just atoms does normal even exist. There is a reason why a specific group of atoms would come to together to create something. Or is it all an illusion? Either way I think your pretty lonely. And that's terrible because we are all linked to each other. To everything.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
How do you know in absolute terms that perspective supersedes emotion? You don't.

That's ultimately what you're discussing; a perspective.

The perceptible composite form and functionality of this reality are but processes. Processes are a means to an end and not the end itself.

It's tantamount to saying you see the clockwork without ever knowing that the mechanical device is being used to tell the time.

I'm open to the notion that our emotions, even love, could be string of neurosis and even obsolete.

That being said, I recognize your internal logic. Many arrive at this plateau to gain a sense of control in their lives in the same fashion a person with an eating disorder skips a meal. Few of us enjoy having to endure emotional suffering.

Do you you believe yourself to be a sociopath?

Do you believe compassion to be discrepant?

If so, you might be playing for the wrong team.

edit on 28/1/2012 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

I would like to know exactly what you have successfully achieved in life through your own abilities and what your goals are before I say anything else.......

can you answer the question?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I have no problem with you being like this as long as I never have to meet or have anything to do with you. As long as you stay far away from me, we're cool. :=)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

You seem to be suffering from Anti Social Personality Disorder, otherwise known as being a Sociopath or (in the old'ndays) a Psychopath.

Seek professional help (I would recommend speaking to a psychiatrist / therapist and also a clergymen ASAP)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
People with narcissistic thinking and behavior strive to defend their fragile self esteem through fantasy and have blind spots in their thinking. Living in a fantasy world where all their needs are met and unrealistic expectations take the place of life.
I feel sorry for you..Your self image is distorted and you will never have any kind of long lasting friendships or love relationships because you have no love and loyalty to anyone..I look at someone like you as being a high-speed vehicle with ineffective brakes..Please get some help for this problem..
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This will probably get me into trouble...oh well....it won't be the first time...

IMOHO The OP is nuttier than squirrel poop.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Ah op, still trying to deceive yourself. What are you jealous of the blissfulness of sheepledom? Does your particular matrix chafe you? Do you want to take the blue pill now? Or are you yet sleeping you sleepy head you, with cloudy thoughts and all, dreaming impossible dreams.

Don't you know we all pretend to be normal.

That is what normal means, when a mass of people pretend to be something that they are not.

But hey don't listen to them others I am sure you are scary and impressive to somebody, even if I and lots other on this thread find you pretty... meh. I however like you, I would say your almost interesting, but not really.

Don't be sad
person with the moniker of Alyssa I am pretty sure your a bit crazy, which would make you normal and average on this site. But your whole op is like one giant contradiction, why next you will say that you don't feel nothing and are totally logically superior because you feel it is so.

I would call people like you pathetic, weak and afraid of your own shadow, but I would not want to hurt the feeling's that you do not have.

But hey maybe we all just got off on the wrong foot.

So lets start again, disregard all of the above.

Greetings Alyssa, so what else is new besides your shallowness? Which you seem to be very talkative about.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The qualities you speak of are also symptoms of being a psychopath.....
there are a few types but they share many symptoms.
They lie easily and well, and often
They pery upon so called normal people because their lack of empathy and comscience makes them perfectly qualified to do so.
They are usually successful in business and politics where untruths reign supreme...
There are other symptoms like that sense of superiority you feel too.....
check it out there are psychological tests for psychopathy on line......
good luck with that......

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Actually, you are not a psychopath and don't seem as smart as you think you are. You have a conception that the world is "shallow" and "cold." That means you do have emotions-- and your emotions have caused you to believe that life is of a diminished quality due to your perception of its mechanical nature. If you truly had no emotions, you would not have conceptions of "shallowness" or especially "coldness." Who are you to judge the mechanical function of everything? If all is mechanical, there is no "coldness" nor "shallowness," only existence. The question is: What happened to you to make you believe this?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It appears that our Alyssa has disappeared from her own thread. I am interested in what her response would be to the many comments here.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
It appears that our Alyssa has disappeared from her own thread. I am interested in what her response would be to the many comments here.

The absence might imply an emotional response.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Probably some irrational emotional response.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

How I would really like to respond to this post would
get me in trouble with the staff.
Welcome to ATS!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join