It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you "search" you will find the baltic 'ufo'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
the headline says it all really
theres been at least 5 posts today with the same story
and all linking and quoting the same article.
i typed 'baltic ufo' into the search feature and a ton of posts came up
its simple: before you post a thread, check it has'nt been posted already with the search feature
this will save a lot of face palms and these little fella's

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
And the "I know what the strange noise from the sky is" threads!!! It's soooo annoying to see the same threads posted over and over.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I agree..

search is your friend!!

and it works too..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
"Alert" works too

Just sayn'

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I did the same experiment. I just typed 'Baltic'.

Sho nuff, I got hit-o-rama.

Ah silly peeps.
If a youtube vid has more than 100 views, it's probably already been posted somewhere here with words like 'BREAKING' or 'PROOF', or something with overly gratuitous usage of exclamation marks.

I'm beginning to think that the Sky Sound posts should have their own forum they seem so prevalent too. There's so many, and is each different location a different event, or, what?

edit on 28-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Dammit secretknowledge, you started another Baltic UFO thread.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I expect that comming from new guys with say, 100 posts or so. But guys with 10K plus posts?

hehahahaha

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The threads that were posted in the last few days are based on a new update with new information so it's not old news. I did a search before i posted my thread on this topic around an hour ago, and all I could find were threads pertaining to the old information. Please correct me if I'm wrong but the new "update" discusses a second disc that has been found. This information was new to me and I haven't seen it in any of the old threads.

I was told to use "search" when I obviously used it because I posted links to the previous updates. How would I have found those threads without using search

It's kind of redundant to blame the member for not using search when they obviously used the search, and the search function can bring mixed results as we all know.

Members are claiming information to be old when they're not even taking the time to read the OP

edit on 28-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

as soon as there is a second thread on the same subject," ATS" should delete it, would save alot of agro.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
your obviously not getting how serious this is, the counciousness cyrstaline etheric cheddar grid is ascending southwards.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

thats all good and fine, but your OP was the 5th today with the same new information.
how do i know this? because i read it

edit on 28/1/12 by SecretKnowledge because: if i was an american, i'd vote for ron paul too

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I understand your frustration, it's frustrating for me too because I spent a few minutes going through the threads in the search function to make sure that this hasn't been posted. All of the threads were from July and August. IMO the search function should have a way to filter by date and other variables. I get irritated too when the same topic gets posted over and over again, but I believe the root cause of the problem is the search function and not the lack of searching by the people posting the threads. I would not have posted that thread if I had known there are already threads on this new update.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

All you had to do was open up the new topics and you would've found multiple threads there.
edit on 28-1-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
kick 5 guys when they are down

just kidding
sort of

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Why would I open up the "new topics" when there is a search function. In fact, I did check the new topics as it's the page I frequent the most, and I've been on throughout the day and haven't seen anything about this.

Am I supposed to check each and every forum from top to bottom before I post a thread?

That's what the search function is for

Get it?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

it hurts man!

Us posters of duplicate threads have feelings too

I'm going to need therapy once this is over.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It's called 'New Topic Fire Hose', a quick scan of the topics would've revealed those posts.

Get it?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
why not add 'updated' info to an exsisting thread on the same topic? you know, to continue the discussion and keep all the info in one place.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I hear ya!!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Members are claiming information to be old when they're not even taking the time to read the OP

ahh this one is my pet hate, you'd think people would take the time to read the text,
not just look at the pretty pictures or video. Infact I dont think some people look past the
thread title.

edit on 28-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

top topics

join