It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream - Oakland - Tear Gas - Flash Bangs - Rubber bullets

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
You've got provocateurs, and people engaging in vandalism within City Hall. I suspect that people have either been hired or otherwise told to blend in with Occupy, make people think they are associated with the movement, and then engage in vandalism or aggressive behaviour against police, in order to discredit the movement.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

juggalos dont help the cause much either but they do make good targets for police so atleast they take some of the heat off the rest of them

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

What basis are you using to suggest they are hired or somehow imported? Are you in Occupy or have you been watchng this closely for the last few months?? I'm having a tough time understanding how some people breaking into City Hall and trashing some of it would be hard for anyone to imagine an Occupy Oakland member doing, particularly given the history between the Occupy camp and the Mayor herself.

It's that knee jerk reaction before any facts have been collected or anyone can know the facts of a situation to immediately say Occupy can't be guilty which makes it such a joke, in so many key ways.

It's like the parents of a particularly bratty child insisting their kid does NO wrong and all is someone else's fault. Others may humor such parents, but no one respects or believes them...and Occupy is the same thing, in some ways now.

Lets at least find out who did it, before leaping to the defense of who didn't do it...so you're saying.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

I am no fan of the tatics used by police in Oakland against this small group but the press is reporting they broke into a YMCA, broke into City Hall and stole a flag which they burned and then tried to break into the convention center...these protesters are not were not peaceful, they have gathered every Saturday night and have instigated the confrontations.

There are plenty of protesters that would march and have their voices heard but because of a few who brought improvised explosive devices and utilized other items as ammo, once again they have turned it ugly. Again I don't like the police tatics but they can't be allowed to destroy property and attempt to injure others. These people showed up looking for a fight and got what they wanted.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Anarchy for the USA
It's coming sometime and maybe
I give a wrong time stop a traffic line
Your future dream is a shopping scheme

'Cause I wanna be Anarchy
In the city

I love seeing those Anarchism symbols painted on the 'protesters' shields. It begins.

Viva the revolution!
edit on 29-1-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

They did not break in to YMCA, they were let in by YMCA employees and shown where the back door was as they were being kettled by the police and were given an escape route. They did break in to city hall, after the kettling by the police department at the YMCA, while 200+ people were being arrested. Again, I will state that I do not support the occupation of empty buildings, as i think it is counterproductive.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
Anarchy for the USA
It's coming sometime and maybe
I give a wrong time stop a traffic line
Your future dream is a shopping scheme

'Cause I wanna be Anarchy
In the city

I love seeing those Anarchism symbols painted on the 'protesters' shields. It begins.

Viva the revolution!
edit on 29-1-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

I like you dude, I really do. I like all your comments. You must be a cool guy or girl.

Keep it up.

Viva la revolucion!

Cheers.

edit on 29-1-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Sex Pistols's version is banned for copyright in the US but we can probably get a bit of Megadeth in( I hope)
It's a great version. It uses "in the USA" with American imagery too.

But often, I think - to me- that this is the best song to describe these times.
Peace Sells, but Who's Buying

edit on 29-1-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

omg that is an awesome version! The Megadeth guitarists are freakin guitar heroes. Love that band. Never heard this though.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Peace Sells is a masterpiece in my opinion. Great riffs, great melody and great lyrics.

What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"?
I talk to him everyday.
What do you mean, "I don't support your system"?
I go to court when I have to
What do you mean, "I can't get to work on time"?
I got nothing better to do.
And, what do you mean, "I don't pay my bills"?
Why do you think I'm broke? Huh?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Peaceful protests never work, they only get people put on watch lists and thrown in jail, and laws created and enforced.
if people want serious change, they must be serious and directly focus on the problem and who's directly connected.

then change will have no choice

edit on 29-1-2012 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Maybe they'll detain them in that California FEMA camp I read about on another thread...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
here is a highlight from the start of the march, before any type of building occupation was attempted. Notice the age of the man thrown to the ground.

ustream.tv/recorded/20071934/highlight/236845#utm_campaign=t.co&utm_source=236845&utm_medium=social

edit on 29-1-2012 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
Expressions of victimhood never work, they only get people put on watch lists and thrown in jail, and laws created and enforced.

Fixed.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

awesome. the first of may (the intergalactic protest) is approaching. it is time for PR.
to sensitize the overwhelmingly poor and dumbed down herd of sheeple.

"become your own media"?
nice idea.
and that's about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
deleted. wrong thread..lol
edit on 29-1-2012 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

I've often wondered if they would ever try to put the occupy people into the detention centers... I don't think it's that far off. And if we have agent provocateurs involved in this.... they'll find a way to speed it along.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
I drank almost no fizzy drinks growing up and developed MS by the age of 25. Over the last few years I have drank a litteral # ton of coke lite with no adverse affects and what I can say with absolute certainty is this. It has had no ill effect on my brain either as some suggest it should. I know this for a fact, because I feel fine outwardly, and my brain looks exactly the same now as it did back when I had my first MRI 10 years ago. I'm also a perfectly healthy weight for my height and relatively fit in general.

I do not believe in the aspertame conspiracy and believe that the doses that you receive when drinking coke or any other artificially sweetened drink is well within the realms of being safe.
edit on 29-1-2012 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

I grew up drinking mostly water and was diagnosed of MS after a bad headache and spell of optic neuritis at the age of 19.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
300 Arrested in Daylong Occupy Oakland Protests

Saturday's protests — the most turbulent since Oakland police forcefully dismantled an Occupy encampment in November — came just days after the group said it planned to use a vacant building as a social center and political hub and threatened to try to shut down the port, occupy the airport and take over City Hall.

Busy night for the Occupy Oakland crowd.

300 arrested
edit on 29-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join