It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream - Oakland - Tear Gas - Flash Bangs - Rubber bullets

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Somebody is playing "God Bless America" off the neighboring roof. and they haven't made any more arrests for awhile. Police just told reporter I'm listening to - to move back that it is going to get busy here.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

They are arresting everyone. The Livestream guy just got moved as he was told the sidewalk area infront of the YMCA was about to get very busy. All the arrestees are corralled within that tight knot of cops and there are a bunch. I'm guessing a bus or two is coming....and will be right across the view of the Livestream guy.

Definitely new tactics.... Hmmmm

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
By the way feel free to join in the actual conversation.. Maybe answer some of the questions I asked?
edit on 28-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

There would be no point.
You are asking what are called "rhetorical questions".
Questions which you already have formed an answer for and are unable/unwilling to actually listen with an open mind to the answers you are demanding.

Entering into debates with people of your mindset is something I learned long ago to avoid as they are a waste of my time and only serve to feed into an endless loop of ego gratification.

You're doing a great job of dominating this thread with your ideas.
Keep up the good work.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

They broke into the Y according to policeman. 3 police injuries.

edit on 1/28/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just because coordination between agencies / government has increased, doesn't necessarily make it sinister, which is my ultimate point. People have a tendency to fear the unknown, and it becomes worse when they dont know the law and are always paranoid of the government or police.

Instead of asking questions to learn and understand, they just make accusations and refuse to listen to anything that doesn't support that point of view.

Communication... Government... Law Enforcement... all require back and forth / give and take. It requires to people to be a part of that process. To be active at all times and not just elections.

Sadly that point is missed by people.

Whoa.... Got condescension?

I didn't say it was sinister, I merely said it was factual as things stand these days and how this is being handled with national guidance and the national extension of a global movement. Why, it kinda makes sense too, when one thinks of it that way and Occupy is a movement of literally millions, across the globe.

Now, my main point is what it's been for weeks now. It isn't to suggest D.C. is a villain, but that D.C. is the only appropriate place for this to continue now. If 'The People' have more mass protesting to do, go where 'the people's' representatives live. This crap in the cities started well with gaining awareness and numbers, but the movement shouldn't have extended that beyond the numbers building.

Now, it's flat out rioting and civil unrest. It's non-violent....this time. Lets see if it remains that way, but there is no useful purpose within all the various cities. It's National Capital time to see if change really is what a large % of the people want or not......

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
congress has an approval rating of 13% and a disapproval rating of 81%, someone knows why they are there.

Because the people of the US, including occupy protesters would rather do anything except for participating in government?

Contrary to what you might think, protesting a situation that has been present for over a hundred years is not participating in government. Participation would be researching candidates, voting / supporting the one who best meets your ideals and goals, and then to follow up once elected to ensure they are doing their job of representing the people they represent - ALL of them and not just the ones who voted for them.

But instead they would rather shut down city streets, dump crap in the middle of the street all the while antagonizing the police so they can put it out over live feeds to show how evil the police are.

Yup - They are WELL on their way to changing things for the better. You know, since the police have absolutely nothing to do with why they are protesting.

/end sarcasm

yes voting is the answer, been working so well now for 100s of years. if you think we can, at this point, vote our way out of the absolute level of corruption we have now, then you're either high or drunk.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The occupy movement in my hometown were just bums and hippys.

So the local government sent in portable showers for them

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This guy is at city hall.

link

Oh and theyre burning a flag! So exciting.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Oh wow, lol did most of the people at the YMCA escape afterall?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
They are bringing in bus(es) for arrests at the "Y". 50-60 more to arrest. There are more protesters at City Hall
edit on 1/28/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/28/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: more news

link   
looks like there burning a flag on the steps of city hall now from the most recent link wonder how long its gonna be before they get arrested for attempted arson

lots of smoke i wonder if they are setting citty hall on fire.....
edit on 28-1-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)
ah aparantly they didnt lock the front door of city hall so some people got inside its where they got the flag
edit on 28-1-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Different group. I think its happening in several areas in oakland all at once.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Thanks, I wonder why they aren't more organized into one group?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Cameraperson was arrested stream inactive.

Live stream from inside the kettle.

www.ustream.tv...

Kettle stream
edit on 28-1-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Well idk if some are late comers or this group split off when the ymca group started getting cornered.. I think it was about 400? 500 and only 100 or so got captured at ymca.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
People are all over inside City Hall with 10 cops outside.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
HA HA HA! 15 cops got teargassed

At the city hall thing. the gas canister bounced off the side
of the building entrance and back at the police.
The police were unprotected and ended up being gassed

edit on 28-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There are a large number of people inside the YMCA, from what the Ustream guy mentioned awhile ago. What they can see outside the door isn't everyone. They apparently got the core of the march as they were going into the Y to find a way through and out the back to escape the new cordon going up.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
stream

active stream for outside of city hall
edit on 28-1-2012 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The crowd outside City Hall is more belligerent than the ones outside the "Y". I have no idea what is going on inside City Hall. Some dude keeps beating on a drum.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join