It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream - Oakland - Tear Gas - Flash Bangs - Rubber bullets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

LOL no. i just copied and pasted the link.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle

LOL no. i just copied and pasted the link.

....and covered it with a URL shortener?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Click Here

For anyone who wants to know a little more behind the "why" and "how"

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

if you look under the big picturebox on the webpage, and you click the EMBED tab (which is what i originally tried to do), it says "link to channel" the link there is automatically shortened by ustream. I originally tried to embed the feed, but forgot that ATS does not support IFRAMEs
edit on 28-1-2012 by Vizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ahhh gotta love when you watch protesters put on their own gasmask haha. This is soon to get very exciting I am sure...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I set up a tent and protested here,

but no one really noticed.

So I went home.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I just got home from work, turned on the news and when I saw this I came here.

Thanks for the live stream, first off.

Second, for those saying the protestors haven't accomplished anything, it takes time, nothing happens over night.
Results won't happen without constant vigilance.

For those saying that there are some who are just there, without knowing what the reason is for these protests, of course not everyone is going to be fully informed on all subjects. Even on this site if you asked people about what is going on in the world, there would be those who are not informed.

Comparing protestors to children acting up, really shows the lack of humanity that is prevailent in society.
Sitting at a computer, brooting about how bad things are, complaining about the government is accomplishing nothing.

Coming on the internet and complaining about what the protestors are doing is childish.

I am not saying you should support them blindly, of course being well informed is good, but if people don't protest when they feel something is wrong, you can lose the right.

The only ones who gain from downplaying the importance of protest, is those in power.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

if you look under the big picturebox on the webpage, and you click the EMBED tab (which is what i originally tried to do), it says "link to channel" the link there is automatically shortened by ustream. I originally tried to embed the feed, but forgot that ATS does not support IFRAMEs

My apologies Vizzle.

I just thought it was odd to use a url shortener when you could have just pasted www.ustream.tv...

I humbly stand corrected.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You know I have not agreed with everything of the occupy protests... I think there are a large amount of people there for good reasons, as well as a fair portion of people who do not know why they are there... but regardless of the crowd and who is attending because of why, I am impressed. I've never been to one so I do not know anything I am saying from experience, but from what I watch on these live streams impresses me. There are so many people, and nearly all of them work together! All these people who do not know each and every other person and they are working together! There is so much coordination and pride within these groups, and even a textbook definition of communal caring.

Idk I would have never thought something like is is possible, but Occupyers, Oakland especially, you guys stay strong! Stay safe and make a difference, but this time I am routing for you guys, so good luck!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

no worries boss. I was in a hurry to get it up as it was a pretty intense time during the live feed. I was also taking badge #'s down while trying to post this. When i tried to imbed the feed, it came out as all the code instead of imbedding it so i was in a bit of a hurry. here is what i have so far.

Officer 127 - rubber bullet gun
Officer 160 - Shotgun aiming weapon at streamer
Officer 079 - riot control weapon
officer 716 - riot control weapon
officer 327 - swinging indiscriminantly w baton
Officer 338 - swinging indiscriminantly w baton
Officer 419 - swinging indiscriminantly w baton
Officer 327 - swinging indiscriminantly w baton
officer 8466 - w. Burke - Riot Control weapon
officer 192 - riot control weapon

officer R. Kirkland - pushed girl off her bike and arrested her oaktownpirate feed

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Also, to those who are speaking out against occupy. Keep this in mind. Occupy is the reaction to corruption. The only way to stop the Occupy movement is to listen to them and stop the corruption. Violence escalates the actions.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
I set up a tent and protested here,

but no one really noticed.

So I went home.

You need to network.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

My apologies Vizzle.

I just thought it was odd to use a url shortener when you could have just pasted www.ustream.tv...

I humbly stand corrected.

I don't think there's a problem in being vigilant. It was worth pointing out and it's good practice to review URLs.

@OP: Good work on bringing the live stream to us.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Also, to those who are speaking out against occupy. Keep this in mind. Occupy is the reaction to corruption. The only way to stop the Occupy movement is to listen to them and stop the corruption. Violence escalates the actions.

Wow... Not much tolerance left within Occupy is there? Let me see.... I swear I've heard that 'With us or against us' line of thinking somewhere before.... Hmmm... Let me get back when I recall who said those famous words.

Seriously though... Let me get this straight on whats happening out there. Occupy Oakland decides they're pissed at being thrown out of a public plaza they never owned to begin with..so they go away and think on things for awhile. In all their brainstorming, their solution is to announce to the world that they are going to go steal an ENTIRE BUILDING and hold it like some hill on a battlefield, and damned everyone who'd dislike it. Then...we're going to be surprised when the police decide this isn't the type of thing lawful citizens ought to be doing with their free time.

What part of this hair brained scheme did Occupy actually think was going to go well??? First, must they ANNOUNCE a date and time in advance for the comission of felony crimes with audacity even I'm left a little stunned by? Doh! ...Ya think the cops might respond and block the attempt? Here is a thought.....perhaps taking the building FIRST and then announcing an immediate action call for support........Oh never mind, that makes sense.

I've been hoping to see life come back to Occupy, but if this is the big come back and approach to the new season, it's probably better they all go back and think on it a bit longer. This won't last long and won't end well. The cops and feds have simply had it and won't even bother with trying to be nice or prevent injuries anymore.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I actually agree with you on the whole "lets tell them we are doing it" idea. I am against the "occupation" of abandoned buildings. I think it dilutes the overall message, and is counterproductive to what Occupy is trying to achieve globally.

My hope is for it to stay focused on anti corruption in business and politics, and continuing to spotlight the growing income gap between the rich and poor.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Great post dare Wrabbit.

I hate to see these people get sprayed and beaten up.

They seem to lack clear direction.

I remember an old star trek movie where they had Veger the giant upgraded version of our old voyager spacecraft. And Spock is interpreting, and he said something like "it wants, but like a child does not know what".

Free stuff for everybody? Now that would be a goal. Not well thought out but at least we would have some idea of what they want.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Meh, I really would like to support this OWS cause, but damn...All these people just seem to be hardcore liberals doing handstands etc...They seem to be gathering at the amphitheater to "make some decisions" right now.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Looks like they are about to be on the move again.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Ya, I had to back off on my support of my local Occupy for a few different reasons. Wish I could support them again, but they went off into some weird directions.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It went offline and switched to a different stream

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join