It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream - Oakland - Tear Gas - Flash Bangs - Rubber bullets

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Oakland might be the heart of a revolution in USA not Wall Street. I know Wall Street is where it began, but more strong support for change exists in Oakland, at least from what I have been reading, that's why more brutal force is used in Oakland than Wall Street.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well, gotta look on the bright side.

Finally get some good use out of the new NDAA and the Fema camps.

ATS Fema camp thread here

Can not remember who said it but listening on the radio the other night guy said that police, as they are now, would be recognized by the founders as "standing armys". I think it was on C2C and the guest was talking about the new NDAA and suggested we go get the wallet card at the ACLU website.

Hopefully they will not come for the rest of us too soon. Then again, most of us are not blocking streets and burning other peoples property. Low hanging fruit first.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
300 Arrested in Daylong Occupy Oakland Protests

Saturday's protests — the most turbulent since Oakland police forcefully dismantled an Occupy encampment in November — came just days after the group said it planned to use a vacant building as a social center and political hub and threatened to try to shut down the port, occupy the airport and take over City Hall.

Busy night for the Occupy Oakland crowd.

300 arrested
edit on 29-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

From the beginning, the group acknowledged on its website that the action -- touted on its website as "Move-In Day" -- to take over the convention center was illegal.

But the group said the move was necessary, in part because "since November, the city of Oakland and its police force have made it impossible for us to meet, to serve food and to provide a place for people to stay."

from CNN story

It appears that 100+ (200+, 300+) have succeeded in finding a warm place to stay that serves food. And even a place to poop. With meeting areas in the exercise yard. Occupy wins! They can now be called winners. And tiger blood.

I mean really, did they really think Oakland city would give them a convention center? This was really a wile.e.coyote kind of plan.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

What part of backup do people not understand. They are blocking a public right of way.

sounds more like congress. lulz

Congress at the very least can accomplish things... These "protesters" have done everything but... And I use the term protesters lightly.

yeah, that's why people are protesting because congress is doing such a fine job.

I could've sworn the bowel...I mean occupy...movement was "Occupy Wall Street", not "Occupy Congress". That would indicate that they are protesting rich people, not legislation. Which I believe is exactly what they've said.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
Well, gotta look on the bright side.

Finally get some good use out of the new NDAA and the Fema camps.

ATS Fema camp thread here

Can not remember who said it but listening on the radio the other night guy said that police, as they are now, would be recognized by the founders as "standing armys". I think it was on C2C and the guest was talking about the new NDAA and suggested we go get the wallet card at the ACLU website.

Hopefully they will not come for the rest of us too soon. Then again, most of us are not blocking streets and burning other peoples property. Low hanging fruit first.

yet...

all it's going to take is something big, in the way of economic turmoil, to start that ball rolling. when more and more people have less and less resources, it can get ugly quick.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
When I first saw this article, I thought they were talking about Syria.

Welcome to the police state.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The MGL (Multiple Grenade Launcher) is a lightweight 40 mm semi-automatic, 6-shot grenade launcher developed and manufactured in South Africa by Milkor (Pty) Ltd.

The MGL can also be used to launch tear gas canisters.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Have to give credit to those retards on the front line.

They stuck through it. Got arrested.

The cops owned them. Seriously sad situation,

This video shows the MASS amount of people.

edit on 29-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Here is some footage, please forgive me if it's been posted already, but I haven't seen this video yet. It looks pretty hectic.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
They are now shouting "This is a hostage situation" to the police. I guess they plan on arresting all of them.

You gotta admit that's kinda humorous. Can't blame them when the storm troopers start turning into robocops:

edit on 29-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sorry but this chanting doesn't mean squat - nothing is going to change until metal meets meat. Time for peaceful protest is over. Until then just enjoy chanting and getting the crap beaten out of you.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Oakland is a very ghetto, violent. nasty, dirty place. Basically California's dumpster. Perfect for OWS crowd.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blahable
Oakland is a very ghetto, violent. nasty, dirty place. Basically California's dumpster. Perfect for OWS crowd.

Yeah, it's funny how rich upper-class places never protest. I wonder why that is....

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exemplar

Yeah, it's funny how rich upper-class places never protest. I wonder why that is....

Cause they actually work, they aren't out rioting while demanding $20/hr to flip burgers.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

What part of backup do people not understand. They are blocking a public right of way.

Are you seriously defending the gestapo? (police) smh.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exemplar

Cause they actually work, they aren't out rioting while demanding $20/hr to flip burgers.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

They "work.." or do you mean inherited alot of money and "work" by investing it?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
does occupy oakland only do it on saterdays?or are they all still locked up?im in the uk and it was an intesting watch on that ustream,to be honest i didnt know people stremed from the protests,and is it not a bit much burning the flag and what not,i wonder what happend to all them bikes

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

I'll follow your lead, as your image reminds me of the funniest damn stop I ever experienced. This may not be the right time for humour, so flame if you will. Feb 3 2003 aprox. 2pm. 210 freeway Arcadia Ca. Upon leaving work I was in my white lowered toyota pick up I had built for heavy freeway traffic. Very fast Racing equipment
down to the breaking system was changed over to racing discs all the way around. Everything shy of ejection seats. One passenger. A guy I was giving a ride home from work.

So we're east bound going for the 909 area code. Stuck in heavy traffic but still rolling at 10 to 20 mph. I begin
the nascar warming of my tires as if the caution flag was out. Weaving side to side in my lane as if I'm following a pace car just itching for the green.

Instead of a green I got the red from an officer of the CHP who I noticed had spotted us from his position of observation of traffic. Why stop warming my tires right ? Especially when I knew he already was on us ? That would be an admission of guilt right there. So I pull over on the inside of the freeway. This makes some officers happy. They can approach the drivers side and feel pretty safe as I understand this bit of knowledge I possess.

Now this officer dismounts his kawasaki 750 as I'm looking at him in my DSRVM . I immediatly have to hit the passengers left shoulder with my right hand and say." OMG ! Check this guy out ! This guy was huge and his dismount was the most exaggerated robo cop emulation you could ever imagine with full on attitude and malice.

So now my passenger is rubber necking hard out back window and the officer grabs ticket book inthose spaciated robotic movements most people know the likes of M.C. Hammer for. the officer is now ready to approach . First knee comes up past the officers belt line, pause, wait for it, begin approach.

First foot from above his right knee slams the pavement simaltaneously as fist grpping pen 90 degree angled right arm elavates fist a good six inches higher than the officers helmut.Culminating in a repetition of successive
overly obssessive simalar robotism all the way up to my drivers side door. This guy was huge, looking down at me at me in my lowered ass boy toy, I could hardly know what the hell was happening with this gent.

I didn't know if I was supposed to laugh or not. I mean I certainly wanted to. But what if I did and he just decides to empty his magazine on us ? So I'm completely befuddled and my partner is turned away, looking into traffic and as quietly as he can be, is already in complete histerics at this guy, then the officer bursts out.

"What in the hell are you doing citizen ?" Yup you're correct, I completely lost it. Just then the officer breaks his routine and chewed me out for five minutes. Then noticed it was my birthday and basically didn't really know what to right me up for anyway, so he let me go. But not before re-entering his robo cop routine and proceeding back to his bike and riding off into the opposite direction of the sunset. With me and my partner laughing our asses off and waving as he disappeared into that never ending line of L.A. traffic. It was another five minutes at least before I could start my truck up and merge back into traffic.Did I mention this guy was huge ?

My point? Cops are people too.

edit on 29-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I focus on the uprising not the presentation. I support anyone who has the courage to stand up for what they believe and JUST SAY NO.

You can debate all day on what was done right/wrong, how it should have been, which misses the whole point. These people are willing to put themselves on the line and say no. It’s the movement, not the specifics. It’s global. Revolutions have never been a neat little package where everyone was cohesive in agenda and played by the rules. You had all flavors. I support the awakening and leave the details to sort themselves out as it matures. That protesters can even find that part in them to rally in a society that perpetuates mind haze amazes me to no end. United we stand…

~is still a rose

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

You really hope for them to be shot? For inconveniencing some people, by exercising their rights to protest what they see as an injustice? Wow, I'm thinking this country is headed for violence, American against American. Too much hatred, arrogance, and bravado on all sides.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join