It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN team heads to Iran to seek nuclear answers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

UN team heads to Iran to seek nuclear answers

www.msnbc.msn.com

Senior United Nations nuclear inspectors headed to Tehran on Saturday to press Iranian officials to address suspicions that the Islamic state is seeking atomic weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This should finally shed some light on the situation in Iran as far as their nuclear goals. If they give a negative report, I think there could be more motivation to seek further trouble with Iran. If the report comes back good then maybe the west will back off. Either way tensions are too high in the area to stay peaceful for long.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Not like it really matters what happens, war is coming.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yeah that totally mattered in Iraq right?

The warmongers don't care about the facts, they want Iran to prove a negative, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

It's already a done deal regardless of what the UN comes back with!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hmmm.... Why don't they do that with Israel? I mean they have over 200 nukes and seem to be hellbent on starting world war 3...if anyone deserves to be inspected its Israel.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

The US Navy is moving a floating command center into the Strait of Hormuz this summer and the winds of war are howling. I just wonder how long this whole situation is sustainable....

ETA: Navy Converting Ship Into Floating Commando Base....
edit on 28-1-2012 by relpobre000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000
reply to post by Ralphy

The US Navy is moving a floating command center into the Strait of Hormuz this summer and the winds of war are howling. I just wonder how long this whole situation is sustainable....

ETA: Navy Converting Ship Into Floating Commando Base....

No,, this Summer was when the Contracts run out,,
IF Iran, pass's that Bill making it a Against the Law,, then the Strangle Hold would be immediatly in effect,,
not This Summer.

Its a chess game,

Me.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
If they give a negative report, I think there could be more motivation to seek further trouble with Iran. If the report comes back good then maybe the west will back off. Either way tensions are too high in the area to stay peaceful for long.

If the reports are negative then there is no evidence that that will lead to conflict. There are warmongers all over - including on these very Boards - who predict war at every turn. It has not happened in North Korea and war will not come to Iran over this. This may disappoint some people on the Boards who seem to want a war to reinforce and support their particular world-view, which is usually US = bad and Iran = misunderstood free-love palace of joy.

What is likely is that Iran will be further isolated and treated as a pariah state in the international community.

One needs to consider that this is not just the entire developed world who thinks the alleged Iranian nuclear ambition is dangerous, but the rest of the Middle East fear a nuclear armed Iran.

If Iran has nothing to hide and is open about all these alleged nuclear facilities and exactly why they are apparently doing “x”, “y” and “z”, then perhaps they will avoid further international vilification. Perhaps the reality of sanctions is focussing the minds of the Iranian authorities. The last thing the Iranian authorities want is to cause further internal angst (caused by sanctions) because brutal repression appears no longer acceptable to civilised nations – look to Syria for proof of that.

Regards

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The only reason Iran is even letting a UN team in is because it miscalculated when China and russia dropped support for Iran. The Iranian Regime is 12 to 18 months away from collapse and takeover by the Pro-Democracy movement. Then we may see an end to Irans Nuclear Bomb ambitions. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Why not Israel? Israel does'nt go around threatening other nations with WMD.

How about we send in the UN to check out all the American goodies!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I hope this 'Pro-Democracy' movement is every bit as effective as it was in Libya and Egypt.

All that's happening in the middle east is that the West is supporting rebels (or lol 'freedom fighters') that will cause an uprising and create a power vacuum in the region. These satellite coups are dangerous for the region and will almost assuredly have international repercussions.

Oh well, keep fearing the big bad Iranian boogey man.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by relpobre000
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I hope this 'Pro-Democracy' movement is every bit as effective as it was in Libya and Egypt.

All that's happening in the middle east is that the West is supporting rebels (or lol 'freedom fighters') that will cause an uprising and create a power vacuum in the region. These satellite coups are dangerous for the region and will almost assuredly have international repercussions.

Oh well, keep fearing the big bad Iranian boogey man.

Your last statement is the thoughts I have been trying to dispell. The U.S. has no fear or the Iranians. What we do have concerns about is the Old Religious Guard selling Nuclear Tech. to a Terrorist group. THAT is the issue. As far as all of Irans other threats...they...Iran...are not going to do anything. This would be suicide.

The U.S. does not want Israel screwing things up by bombing Radioactive sites and the U.S. is in constant contact with Iranian Pro-Democracy Movement leadership. There are always growing pains when a system changes...better the change be toward a Democratic form of Government. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

join