It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coca Cola Conspiracy: The secret cause for the U.S. obesity epidemic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+91 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Dr. Lustig gave an academic lecture with a slide featuring the Coca Cola Conspiracy -- and the secret cause for the obesity epidemic in the U.S. The video has gone viral but still needs more outreach. It takes several viewings of the science to get the digestion details down that are exposed on this vid. Essentially fructose is digested as 30% fat -- directly by the liver. At the same time there is no pancreas insulin reaction so the fructose is a poison for the liver creating hypertension and diabetes and also plaque for heart disease. Finally fructose does not activate leptin so your brain never gets the message that you are full and so your brain thinks you are starving while your body is putting on fat!

Here's Dr. Lustig from the lecture on the Coca-Cola Conspiracy:

I call this slide very specifically the Coca Cola Conspiracy. Anybody here work for Coke? Pepsi? O.k. good. Alright so. This...55 miligrams of sodium per can. It's like drinking a pizza. So what happens if you take on sodium and you lose free water. You get? Thirstier! Right! So why is there so much sugar in Coke? To hide the salt. When was the last time you went to a Chinese restaurant and had sweet and sour pork? That's half soy sauce. You wouldn't eat that, except the sugar plays a trick on your tongue, you can't even tell it's there. Right. Everybody remember New Coke? 1985? More salt, more caffeine. They knew what they were doing. O.k.? That's the smoking gun. O.k.? They know. They know. Alright so. That's why it's the Coca Cola Conspiracy.

fitness.mercola.com...

Your body's need for sugar is, biologically, very small. And when you consume more than you need, your body turns it into fat. As I've stated before, you do not get fat from eating fat—you get fat from eating too many carbs (sugar). Dr. McGuff explains: "Your skeletal muscle – if you're lucky – can hold maybe 250 grams of glucose, and your liver holds about 70. If you take 320 grams of glucose as what your storage capacity is, you can kill that with a single trip to Starbucks. Once you go beyond that, your body is going to find some sort of way to deal with those excess carbohydrates. If your glycogen storage is full, your body has nowhere else to put it. So instead of going all the way through this metabolic pathway, it… produces body fat. That's called the novel glycogenosis. We are in the midst of a very bizarre, evil-scientist type experiment in the Western world, because we are dumping into our bodies an amount of carbohydrate and, in particular, refined sugars, that are way above the capacity of our metabolism to handle normally."

It's crucial to remember that you cannot exercise your way out of a bad diet, and the first step toward improving your diet is to cut out as much sugar/fructose and grain-carbs as possible. (For more of Dr. McGuff's dietary insights, please listen to the interview in its entirety, or read through the transcript.) Your diet actually accounts for about 80 percent of the health benefits derived from a healthy lifestyle, with the remaining 20 percent coming from exercise. That benefit ratio could lean even higher toward diet, according to Dr. McGuff: "The standard American diet is highly inflammatory. It produces systemic inflammation of an order that is almost beyond belief. In that state, if you do exercise of any significant stress, you're just adding inflammation on top of the inflammation, and you're actually putting yourself at a bit of a risk. I advise people to get their diet straight and then exercise. Because I think a highly inflammatory diet, in combination with the acute systemic inflammation that occurs as a part of the exercise stimulus, can actually be a negative thing."

edit on 28-1-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: spelling

edit on Sat Jan 28 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

You didn't even include the fact that Diet soda is more likely to cause obesity than actual soda.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have to add that this report steers away from the real reason behind the obesity problem globally. It is not longer just the US, it is everywhere people eat genetically modified foods.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
but seriously well written thread.

well deserved star and flag.

quite shocking to know this is done on purpose.

where o where will this end

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It's not just fructose. It's glucose as well, and grain and starch carbs turn into that with digestion.

Most people don't even realize WHY soda is bad. (All of it, not just Coke)

The FDA food guidelines are driven by lobbying and the "low fat, high carb" diets are what is killing us and causing an epidemic of obesity and diabetes. But still, the American Diabetic Association's diet includes lots of carbs, even cake! You just need to monitor your blood sugar and adjust with drugs. Anyone guess who is bankrolling that? Right.

Did you realize that type 2 diabetes can be cured - it will go away- with this diet mentioned by the OP? Can't say that for the ADA one. But stringing people along, making them sick enough to need more expensive drugs for LIFE is much more profitable.

Stop listening to the government food guidelines, please. And stop poisoning yourself with this crappy factory (non) food. Want a conspiracy? Take a walk around the grocery store and look - really look- at what is in the so-called foods we are ruining our health with.

Star and Flag, OP. This message needs to get out. And people need to seriously stop believing that if it is sold as food, it is something you can safely ingest.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A place I worked for had a couple free soda machines. At one point I as drinking 4 or 5 cokes a day and I got fat fast. Then I tried diet coke and got headaches from the aspartame. No more soda for me.

+38 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
lately i've stopped drinking all pop, eating any mcdonalds or fast food, basically anything I see as a root cause of the problem, but what's ended up happening is everyone around me have become irritated over it, questioning me and my sanity because I refuse to buy any of this crap lately, anyone else experiencing this?
like there is now a huge gaping hole in my character because I can't buy into any of it anymore..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
so then high fructose corn syrup must be concentrated evil ?

yup

I keep my kids far away from it

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I wonder how much Roundup is delivered through corn syrup?

I am convinced that the food and agriculture industries are out to get us. I wonder what kind of kick backs they get from big Pharma

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

Thanks for reminding me. Yeah the Wheat Belly book author is an excellent expose on how whole wheat has a higher glycemic index that sugar!!

wheat belly book

I just bought 50 pounds of Eco-Farm brown rice from the cooperative. Haven't ate wheat since.

Interview with Why Wheat is Murder author

There's a wheat protein that causes plaque in the arteries.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Right I just blogged on how many children starved to death today -- the corporate agribusiness subsidies in the U.S. are directly linked to food dumping and policies causing obesity and starvation at the same time!

The vids here show Mexico is about to pass the U.S. in obesity

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
Coca Cola summed up

Have you also noticed that the C in CocaCola looks like a snakes tongue? satan was the snake in the garden of eden. And the other tongue is going through the L at the top
edit on 1/28/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: mispelling

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Yeah according to google the pesticide tests on corn syrup have come up zilch but the real expose is that corn is grown with systemic pesticides started in the late 1990s that are causing the Colony Collapse Disorder of bees.

It's all connected --

Why is corn relevant? Bees don’t pollinate corn. Because corn is wind pollinated it must produce pollen in abundance and bees exploit this rich protein source, bringing in more than their daily need and storing large surpluses for later use. Many commercial honeybees also feed on corn syrup over the winter. Corn covers 88 million acres of U.S. farmland. Despite the fact that honeybees aren’t used to pollinate corn, by virtue of its sheer prevalence, this crop accounts for a large portion of honeybee nutrition and exposure, and nearly all U.S. corn is treated with systemic insecticides.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Coke uses military death squads funded by U.S. military aid

edit on 28-1-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Answer= Depopulation aka U.N agenda 21

the easy way to figure out the correct diet, is observe the folk that repulse you, like chav's/scroats/benifit bloaters in the UK, watch what they eat, when they eat and how frequently, now do the reverse! Little tip, the common vile folk, drink vodka/disarno/jeagermister/etc + cola, they love spirits and of course the alcofat = cider(future alcoholics!) when i was growing up i was taught that spirits and cider were for homeless alcoholics, my parents were right!, they love energy drinks such as red bull/relentless and most of all, monster, they love cola, small snacks such as pasty's/hotdogs/burgers/crisps/donughts that they can eat whilst walking that are approx 120-200cal, they drink drinkable yogurts such as yog, yogurts such as muller, harribo sweets , cookies, tea or coffee with full fat milk + 2 sugars or worse, sweeteners.

between 700 - 1000 calories a day can be consumed by just drinking 10 -12 tea or coffee with milk and 2 sugars, with ketchup or mayo as added flavourings on food (excluding the calories of the food itself) i know this because it's my job to watch people, look around, observe, do reverse and save your own life, don't become a number in agenda 21.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Thanks for the link and I just can't believe it I'm actually shocked & upset by what is happened & happening now. What should we do though not buy food to stop the elites income?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

what about all the fat people that arent "genetically" pre disposed to be fat...and they dont drink any sodas and are still fat?

i know a couple of people who are about 50-70 lbs overweight, and theyve never touched a soda in their lives..

i dont thing sugar is the only culprit for obesity

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
They will stop us growing our own food as they will say that we are growing drugs as an excuse to remove our crops. They want us to buy there GM food to poison us and make so much money. I'm scared what to eat now as we have been pushed into buying what's on the shelf at supermarkets. The reason why supermarkets like Asda & Tesco can have low fuel prices is cos they are part of the elites.
edit on 1/28/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join