It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Ruffians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I may well be very slow to pick up on things, but in watching a show called History of the Freemasons, I caught a bit of masonic knowledge that I feel translates into a key for ATS readers. I spend some time in the SS forum reading, learning, and defending. Defending should not be done as per our charge, but I don't mind breaking that rule, to attempt to quiet some of the pure lies that are out there.

Now, on the the point, The Three Ruffians. Any person wishing to know the whole story is free to Google it and read all about the story. But the symbolism of the three ruffians being described the way they were, was like a light switch. Ignorance, tyranny, and Fanaticism. The very same three main types of people who disagree with Freemasonry's ideals on this very site.

The presence of those three ruffians on this site may seem to be obstacles on a journey, but I think they are key parts of that journey. You would not study new things if you weren't challenged to do so in some fashion. So I think they are an integral part in our advancement. Perhaps the whole thing was designed for exactly that purpose.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That is a very interesting conclusion. Given the current position of our masonic teachings this is a very useful approach.

From a historically prospective, I’d always considered them to represent The Pope, King Philip the Fair of France, and the Head of the Hospitalet’s. My personal idea is that originally they did.

Today with the philosophical teachings as they are, yours is without a doubt a much more accurate idea.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

You may meet your demise defending against ignorance, tyranny, and fanaticism. But we are told to embrace death in a manner to exemplify virtue, fortitude, and integrity; that it's better to die than to sacrifice the integrity of your soul, the virtue of your nature, the resolve of your fortitude.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
ND,

How long you think it will take before someone comments on your quip of THREE ruffians and how the number 3 is an esoteric number and you must be speaking in code.....blah blah.

Oops....well, so much for that. I've given up the secret.

Eta -on a serious note.....its a valid point (what you said). Praise those who can see the hidden wisdom in it.
edit on 28-1-2012 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
The very same three main types of people who disagree with Freemasonry's ideals on this very site.

I don't think people disagree with our ideals. I think they disagree with our secrecy and some other perceived aspects of the fraternity.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

what significance does three have in freemasonry?............Oh, I got it. Nevermind.

good to see you around.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HardToStarboard

I meant the ones they think we have, like eating babies, praying to Balphomet, you know, the silly stuff.
It just got me to thinking about the way I learn and I wondered if that was by design or not. I mean, you have to want to know something before you will truly learn it. And until you are accused of having relations with Molech, you really don't know who that is. Once you study a bit and find out, you learn who Molech is, and find how humorous and empty some folks minds can be.

If I asked 90% of my lodge about the kind of things we learn here, they would have no clue about most of it. They simply don't do the digging because they have no reason to.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I meant the ones they think we have, like eating babies, praying to Balphomet...

Wait, we are supposed to eat the babies and pray to Baphomet? I knew something did not taste right.....

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Masons, your uninitiated brothers need some help before the world goes to hell in a handbasket. Rights are being stripped away daily; THEY control the press, education, government and the banks. Yet people are still living in fantasy land. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

I hope, at least among yourselves, you are discussing these things; and are making plans.

Sorry for the emoticon...(I hate those things, but sometimes they are necessary).

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Freemasonry, to me, is so full of wonderful allegories, mysteries and esoteric riddles.

I can see how the uninitiated would get the wrong message, as it is most likely by design. No knowledge can be shared with eyes that are not ready to see it.

The irony is that all of our secrets are secrets because no one can simply give them to you.

If you were new to Algebra, and you flipped to the last chapter of your brand new Algebra book, you might find that pretty 'secretive' as well.

It is not because someone is trying to keep it from you, but simply that you aren't there yet.

The ruffians represent for me the three challenges that every person must face on the way to enlightenment.

S & F, OP.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Omg, thank you!!! That made me laugh so hard.....all at a moment when I thought I may never laugh again.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Bro. Network Dude (and anyone else interested),

You may wish to read Esoterika by Albert Pike. It is one of his few commentaries on the Craft degrees as practiced in the United States -- as opposed to the Scottish Rite version of the first three degrees, wherein the legend is somewhat different.

It is also, in my opinion, on of the more readable of Pike's works. This may be because it was originally a set of lectures he delivered. He evidently spoke in a more accessible fashion than he wrote.

This interpretation of the Ruffians is the one Pike gives and which he feels appropriate to the work of a Master Mason.

As always, best fraternal wishes for success in your quest for light...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

They =/= Freemasons

Politics isn't discussed in Lodge. It's up to the individual to perform his civic duties.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Defending should not be done as per our charge, but I don't mind breaking that rule, to attempt to quiet some of the pure lies that are out there.

I'd like to add that to defend with the Truth, is kNot to defend, but rather, to assist a brother/sister on their journey in Life.
I like what was said here:

www.3ruffians.com...

"Can we brothers better our natures? Can we brothers improve ourselves in Freemasonry?

There are a good many self help systems out there. You can find 'Unlimited Power' through Tony Robbins. You can learn the 'Power of Intention' under the tutelage of Dr. Wayne Dyer. You could try manifesting and attracting your wealth, security and happiness via 'The Laws of Attraction.' Perhaps Kevin Trudeau has that 'Natural Cure' you've been looking for? Learn to see with 'The Teachings of Don Juan' by Carlos Castaneda. Allow Eckhart Tolle to show you 'A New Earth,' or Norman Vincent Peale to guide you with 'The Power of Positive Thinking.'

Religions are something like self help systems as well. Perhaps you can find your personal answer in one of them. Christianity sacrifices the ego. Judaism is an enlightened path. Islam submits man's will to a Higher Authority. Hinduism contains a rare beauty of ideas. Buddhism harnesses desires through compassion.

Are the answers there?

It really doesnt matter if there are answers in the myriad self help tomes and systems available to the general public. And here is not the place for religious discussions; beliefs all too subjective to the believers.

What Freemasons really want to know is whether or not Freemasonry actually 'can' help a man improve himself. Many Freemasons even want to know exactly how it can. Most Masons are seekers on the path. They have followed that first step with many after. But they want to know...in the end...where that path is leading them.

Does the Masonic Path...do those steps up the ladder lead to the York Rite?; perhaps the Scottish Rite and Albert Pike's opus 'Morals and Dogma of the Scottish Rite?; or is it into those halls of fellowship and frivolity found in the Mystic Shrine?

I have followed the Path from its beginning in the Blue Lodge and continued my journey through each of these Masonic 'systems'. And so like Alice moving through the dreaming depths of Wonderland I have met brothers and friends along my travels and faced dangers, challenges and even an enemy or two.

We men who seek to learn to improve ourselves in Freemasonry must begin with the belief that Masonry is a system of ideas, symbols and even instructions. But we must go fearless onto that Path and begin first at the side of the Angel of Faith. Soon enough we will have Hope. And if we toil long enough...and learn well enough...perhaps we shall rectify ourselves at that higher plane where alone waits the Angel of Charity...Love.

If you are indeed a Freemason then you should already be aware that atop that stairway to heaven is the Light. And before that Light is the Angel of Charity...the Angel of Love. This is a symbol...the most profound of Masonic symbols. The author Ram Dass recently released his third book in his trilogy of enlightened works entitled 'Be Love Now.' Love is a state of Being he insists. It is the key to the true mastery of the self and the revelation of the infinite Light. Call that what you will.

Where have we many Masons misplaced our Brotherly Love? I have still found waiting daggers in the hands of Brothers. Men set foot on the Path and lose their way...discouraged because the Light is unclear to them for all the secrets we keep...even from ourselves. Unworthy men have set foot on that same True Path. These men did not come to that place to learn to improve themselves...these men only came to empower themselves. These men are brothers but to themselves.

Worthy Brothers, discarded Ruffians, keep your heads along the way...and Pay Attention! It is true that you will find what you are looking for. Certainly we Masons are all looking for brothers in the Order...friends...family. But Do Not take that first step of Freemasonry and shame yourself and your Order along the Path because you are content that Masonry is a means to a social end...or empowerment in business or something else.

Freemasonry is a Light in the Darkness. But so long have men clouded the way with their own preconceptions, desires and prejudices that you will likely find the Path a perilous one...with little reward for your undertaking.

If you are daring you will cast aside your preconceptions, remove the hoodwink and cable tow to stand at last on the edge of a yawning precipice. Your world, the self you were, lies behind you. The Angel of Faith awaits you and you must walk where the ground is uncertain...where the familiar is no more.

There are many answers for the true seeker in Freemasonry. How many Masons, too afraid, cast aside the teaching in 'Morals and Dogma'? How many Masons know the Order's teachings save the Lodge procedures and degree rituals?

So many brothers have I spoken with who were yet lost along the way and simply disgusted because they have learned to improve themselves only in fellowship. There is more...much more. But most either do not know, pay attention or dare to look into or apply those most relevant of Masonic teachings.

To learn to improve yourself in Freemasonry is not simply a call to learn the motions of the Order. It is an Oath to apply the teachings of the Order...teachings obscured because many Masons are afraid to face that most fearful of all things...themselves.

Wait in the chamber of reflection and look well at what you see. Mortal man, alone and weak enough before the tides of time and fate. The other Angel waiting...Death.

Are we not all rough ashlar, so like an unfinished cast out corner stone? Each day we live, our character is revealed as that coarseness is chipped away. What is the Image of the Man we will each find inside once we are finished? Man in the Image of God?...or simply so obscured by passions, jealousies, hatreds and small mindedness that what remains is too awful to look upon?

Masonry is artistry. It is a profession with tools and labors. And we are each the Craftsmen of our own likeness. In its teachings and through its admonishments, our works - and that final 'self portrait' - is often tried by that Great Architect. Only a worthy work...only an Image revealed at last beneath the ashlar to be as beautiful as the Original can stand before the Light.

Take up your work not without care then. Safeguard your tools and learn your Master's teachings well.

To make a Good Man a Better Man...is a Craft."

The Law of Order dictates:

"Order, via Control, breeds Chaos but Control, via Order, isn't Control."

The Equation of Perfect Order dictates:

Zero Control = Zero Chaos = Perfect Order

Sharing the Truth is kNot Control nor Defending, it is Order and the #1 Order of Freemasonry.

Ribbit

edit on 30-1-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Omg, thank you!!! That made me laugh so hard.....all at a moment when I thought I may never laugh again.

Order is Relative!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

You may meet your demise defending against ignorance, tyranny, and fanaticism. But we are told to embrace death in a manner to exemplify virtue, fortitude, and integrity; that it's better to die than to sacrifice the integrity of your soul, the virtue of your nature, the resolve of your fortitude.

ignorance + tyranny + fanaticism = -3

virtue + fortitude + integrity = +3

-3 0 +3

The Path to the Light is a Circle!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Any person wishing to know the whole story is free to Google it and read all about the story.

I'd like to read the story, but when I Googled it, I got page upon page of people's interpretation of it, but not the story. Got a direct link, by chance?

Hook a brother up.
No, not that kind of brother...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
ND,

How long you think it will take before someone comments on your quip of THREE ruffians and how the number 3 is an esoteric number and you must be speaking in code.....blah blah.

Oops....well, so much for that. I've given up the secret.

Eta -on a serious note.....its a valid point (what you said). Praise those who can see the hidden wisdom in it.
edit on 28-1-2012 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

Whether it's esoteric
Or simply generic
When eYe see Three
IT makes me Pee
Does that make me barbaric?

Ribbit

edit on 30-1-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I hope this doesn't come across as condescending, but 2B1ask1.

this is one of the things I cannot give you. ( per my obligation) It's best to learn the story the way I did, (IMHO) but it's out there on the internet in multiple locations.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by subject x

I hope this doesn't come across as condescending, but 2B1ask1.

Nope, not condescending at all. I doubt y'all would let me "B1", though, as I have issues with the whole "creator" thing.

this is one of the things I cannot give you. ( per my obligation) It's best to learn the story the way I did, (IMHO) but it's out there on the internet in multiple locations.

Not to sound snippy or anything, but what's the point in "asking1" if y'all can't answer?

No worries. I'll come across it somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join