It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't know how many of you go onto online chat's...but I frequent chat's, just because it's usually friendlier than real life. And it happens quite often, when I go on these chats, that many of these users are constantly telling someone to commit suicide.

Why would someone do that? Tell someone they don't know to go kill themselves? Despite whatever differences they may have, life is precious. No one should ever end their own life (unless they've taken a life without reason), and the fact that these people online don't have that kind of respect for human life says that regard for the living human has gone down over the years.

All of the military outlook (give your lives for your country! Death is a natural part of human life, and well-spent in dying for your liberty and freedom!) and the watching tv movie and mtv videos...it disgusts me that all of this has taught us to not only undervalue life, but actually gain entertainment from the loss of it.

Am I the only one frustrated over this?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Try to find an adult level video game that doesn't involve shooting & killing everything, non sports games that is. It must be Hell to harbor such hatred for life in one's heart, what a miserable existence that must be.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Dear OP, I have suggested to more than one person in person that maybe they should do away with their earthly chains if they are so miserable.
One actually did, and good for him!
I would have no problem at all with telling some miserable emo kid to off himself if he was soooo miserable either.
Life may not be as precious as you think, it will not be cut short before you get done what you were put here to do.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Dear OP, I have suggested to more than one person in person that maybe they should do away with their earthly chains if they are so miserable.
I would have no problem at all with telling some miserable emo kid to off himself if he was soooo miserable either.
Life may not be as precious as you think, it will not be cut short before you get done what you were put here to do.

Oh, you believe in destiny then? Such things do not matter; what is important is the lack of regard for human life!

How can you condone the encouragement displayed online toward suicide?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

What is this thread going to solve, really? My own family members say much meaner things. What are we solving by talking about it, other than stirring up more ill will? Is it so bad to accept the things which we can not change? I'm sure this buffoon from Kalifornia is by no means original and needs not be harassed and villified, telling others that suicide is an option, esp. since they refuse a God to answer to, is common, ordinary, every day, and it will not change. So, wisdom is shown by her children, all this post does IMO is sow the seeds of ambivilance and spite.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

There are 2 things in life that you MUST do, breathe and die.
No breath, there was no life, but the other is for sure.
Death is a natural part of existence.
Why is it such a hot button topic, we all do it!
Life is unsure, death is certain.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Oh, you believe in destiny then? Such things do not matter; what is important is the lack of regard for human life!

How can you condone the encouragement displayed online toward suicide?

Interesting that you should talk so flippantly about destiny.
destiny (n) - Bing Dictionary
1.somebody's preordained future: the apparently predetermined and inevitable series of events that happen to somebody or something
2.inner realizable purpose of life: the inner purpose of a life that can be discovered and realized
3.something that predetermines events: a force or agency that predetermines what will happen
The dictionary does not deny the existance of the word destiny, for it apparently has a relevant meaning. Just because you do not understand destiny fully, it does not make it's existance null and void, there is, after all, a whole lot of information involving destiny, life and people are way the heck better than "chats".
I see you saw fit to quote Einstein, so have I.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.The other is as though everything is a miracle." – Albert Einstein
There is SO MUCH in this world that is being ignored, suppressed, and denied. I sincerely hope that you are willing to learn from people and what they have to say, rather than just willing them to breathe.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

How would you feel if that "emo kid" was someone you loved dearly... Perhaps even your own child...

Life is precious... its just sad that some people don't realize it...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thankfully, my kids had a pretty happy active life as they were growing up.
My wife and I kind of planned it that way.
But I also am not bound by the same rules most people are, I realize the only pain in death is from the ones left behind, and that is a selfish pain.
If a person would be happiest somewhere else, don't you think we would be holding them back if we stopped them from their ultimate goal?
Do you think you will never see your loved ones again?
We are here to do something and as soon as were done with that task we move on.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

If a person would be happiest somewhere else, don't you think we would be holding them back if we stopped them from their ultimate goal?

I think one would be holding that person back if they push them towards ending their life... Everyone will have their time to die... pushing someone in that direction prematurely is just wrong...

Do you think you will never see your loved ones again?

Of course you will, but i can't be sure of those that take their own life... i do not know where they go or what is to happen to them... they destroy what is not theirs to destroy...

We are here to do something and as soon as were done with that task we move on.

Correct... but that is a natural process... you do not choose when it is time to move on... and telling someone that it is their time is acting as God.

new topics

top topics

join