It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-4 years later, after being strongly pro-Ron Paul... I will be voting for Ron Paul for a 2nd time

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
First: Quite frankly, all the candidates, both Republicans and Democrats who support big government, unsustainable debt, disregard civil liberties and advocate endless wars, are complete disasters. Fortunately, Ron Paul can win. He polls evenly with Obama (CNN Poll: Obama tied with Romney & Paul in November showdowns) and does BETTER than Obama with Independents (CBS Poll: Independents Prefer Ron Paul Vs Obama) and young voters, the two groups which propelled Obama into the White House. This is the year we stand up to the establishment empire.

Second: In spite of everything the government has done to destroy our country: adding more debt, expanding the wars in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran and Libya, singing into "law" the indefinite detentions of Americans, by some miracle, WE ARE STILL HERE.

Third: Many of us are struggling, some are not, and unless we change our ways, things WILL BE FAR FAR WORSE. Thankfully the clueless Congress and Senate have been prevented from doing more damage. With a hundred year track record of proven failures, lets be thankful that they havent completely imploded our nation.

Fourth: The middle class is in a state of a collapse...wealth disparity has exploded. I look at our prior history, the middle class was the strongest when government spending was restrained and the value of our dollar was tied to the gold standard. Now the dollar is worth 15% of what it was in 1971 and has lost 95% of its value since the creation of the Federal Reserve. Revenue from tax collection is at an all time high but the government’s addiction to spending never ceases, spending twice as much as they collect. Now most families...both parents have to work....affecting the time we can spend with our children. It has to change....we cannot blame everything on the education system....much of the problem can be cast on both parents having to work (because wages have not kept up with inflation). And inflation will continue to get worse unless we address our skyrocketing unsustainable debt and the destruction of the dollar by the Federal Reserve. But Obama, like everyone else before him, will not even address the failed policies of centrally planned economics, instead bailing out the banks on the backs of American tax payers, just like Bush…and I’ve had enough of it.

Fifth: Obama HAS brought some troops home (in an election year)....though he is leaving tens of thousands of troops and private Blackwater mercenaries in Iraq. Unfortunately, he has expanded the wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan, illegally attacked Libya and now wants to start a new war with Iran. He has suggested cutting military jobs but will continue to enrich Defense Contractors by continuing our policy of endless wars and will maintain our global military empire, spending Trillions of dollars overseas while our country continues to crumble.

I could go on like talking about Glenn Greenwald’s article on how Obama is even worse than Bush ....but that's where I am currently. I want my friends, neighbors, family, and my country...to be strong again....and it's in MY OPINION that the current crop of Republicans and Democrats will set us on a pace for disaster....and that is why I'm voting for Ron Paul.

I understand that our deficit sits at 15 trillion. I understand it has grown since Obama has came into office. Quite frankly, I BELIEVE that he did not have to increase spending. But in order to present the illusion that there's a difference between the two Parties, Obama had to outpace Bush, who doubled the national debt in his two terms. You cannot extinguish a fire by adding more gas. The same way you cannot solve a DEBT CRISIS by ADDING MORE DEBT. Ron Paul has never voted to increase our budget and proposes a modest cut of $1Trillion dollars. The government finds it easy so spend $10 Trillion dollars over the last 11 years but shudders at the thought of cutting 10% of that. Some drastic completely misguided measures were taken.....many of which will delay the collapse of our economy but are all but guaranteed to destroy it as has been accurately predicted by this man, someone I COMPLETELY SUPPORT.

Time Magazine: Ron Paul, The Prophet.

The Prophecies of Ron Paul

It's going to be a crazy year....I'm actually predicting an all out dog fight. Usually Presidents do more harm in their second term.....they have nothing to lose and can fully implement the wishes of their Banking and Military Industrial Complex lobbyist masters.
edit on 28-1-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well thought out, and presented post. Thank You for showing the real comparison between out choices this coming election. I will be voting for my Family, Country, Freedoms and future for my children. I will be voting for the only logical candidate that encapsulates everything I stand for, into his platform..The only candidate I trust.

I will be voting for Ron Paul...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you and often times we recognize the problem but fail to see the real solution.

Obama is the status quo. He is funded by lobbyists like the rest of them and had no intention of fulfilling any of his campaign promises had it not been an election year.

Hes now even talking about the Department of Education and the monumental student loan debt, costs of higher education and the incredibly high student loan interest rates. Its as though he was reading directly from a Ron Paul script.
edit on 28-1-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Paul's position often leaves a lot to be desired. The guy wants to sell the national parks for Christ's sake.

I think Romney could do a good job if given the chance. He has far more business experience than Paul will ever have.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Paul's position often leaves a lot to be desired. The guy wants to sell the national parks for Christ's sake.

I think Romney could do a good job if given the chance. He has far more business experience than Paul will ever have.

Well, Romney has no business in the white house!

You missed the chance to vote for a real businessman when Ross Perot was dismissed.
edit on 28/1/12 by xstealth because: videos

edit on 28/1/12 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Good thread. S&F.

Here are just a few reasons I will not be voting for Obama (clicky)

I really don't understand those who continue to ignore what this current president has done. I guess some people just don't want REAL change. Obama's fake little SOTU speech really sold some people.

Ron Paul is the only candidate who gets down to the roots of our issues, but some people just can't stop living in lala land. Lala land is going away and we all need to wake up.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Touche. You go for the jugular.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I agree with most of the OP...Ron is the only candidate who would represent the people if he was elected. Of course he would be limited by the bought congress members, but I feel he would communicate with the people, rather than lecture to them like they are 12 year olds like all presidents in recent memory. There's a difference between a confident speech and a "I'm lying through my teeth and getting away with it" pompous lecture.

That being said...most people who dismiss RP say he would just "have an accident" if he made any real progress. I don't think they can get away with another major incident on US soil. After the post-investigations on JFK and the WTC they would be naive to think they could get away with that, bribery only silences small numbers of people.

I can understand some people being uninformed about RP and the reality he brings to the table...what really irks me is seeing informed people saying "well, I was going to vote for RP, but he doesn't have a chance to win so I won't waste my vote on him." URGHHH!!! LOL, had to get that yell out...there is no such thing as a wasted vote!!!!! You only do a dis-justice to yourself by reasoning that way. Personally, I think it's disturbing that when it comes down to it we are "guided" into choosing between two candidates. The number of candidates should depend on the number of supported views for how we should handle our future.

Think about this...what separates a presidential election from a NHL, NFL, MLB playoff? lol, only context. In each case there are two "conferences" each with a few "divisions"...each conference squares off and delivers its best contender to meet in the finals. I guess I'm strange to think that is not necessary and all options can remain on the table.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I was at his Myrtle Beach rally with the other 800 people, such a nice guy and the people there werent assholes and the vibe was good, the afterparty was awesome ,,his message was about our rights and how quick we can lose them, I couldnt imagine voting for any of those other morons...GO RON!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

As much as I hate to say it, you will be making a statemnt that will do absolutely nothing. Twice I voted for guys that didn't have much of a chance, but I wanted to make a statement. Then, I had to watch helplssly as one of the major jokers. My vote became a minor stat record in a tally book somewhere. No body cares why it was there.

Pick the lesser evil of the two and vote for him/her. At least you will have made a choice that MAY have some effect toward the direction you want the system to go..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Im sick of people on my facebook saying stupid stuff, if anyone wants to join my facebook daily paul and help me fight back with good comments then friend me, thanks,,allen gibson, theres a pic of me at coral castle

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
i like ron paul. but i know the election is a joke and won't waste my time voting

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I probably should have been more clear about my intentions with regards to this thread but it was supposed to be in response to this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I hope and pray for the sake of the world, not just your own country , that enough Americans wake up and vote ths man in. Before the USA brings the world into a 3rd war that will be catastrophic for pretty much everyone.

Please do all you can to raise RP profile as the MSM is clearly doing their best to blank him out - tweet, Facebook, fly banners do whatever is in your ability as an American to make this man president and hopefully get your troops out the places they shouldn't be in - make the world a better place because puppet UK will hopefully follow suit if they havent got the USA backing.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
i love this ad, WE CANNOT GO WITHOUT RON PAUL

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
i like ron paul. but i know the election is a joke and won't waste my time voting

Yeah, bigg money me, such a waste of time to go out and vote for 45 minutes. I'd rather be inside playing video games or watching TV doing nothing productive at all, like most Americans...
edit on 29-1-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

As someone in college to be a part of the wildlife career field, it needs to be stated that if our country goes bankrupt there will be no parks or jobs in them left anyway.

As of right now there is a lot of jobs to be had in the federal program the National Park Service, and The department of Agriculture employs thousands across the country, but with budget cuts there is increasing less coverage in parks as it is. However, I will state that it is a very painful realization that these steps need to be taken.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by twohawkssoaring
As someone in college to be a part of the wildlife career field, it needs to be stated that if our country goes bankrupt there will be no parks or jobs in them left anyway.

If the country goes bankrupt the parks won't magically dissapear from the Earth. They (and the environment) will probably be safer than ever. Selling the parks to private industry will gradually destroy them. Ron Paul will also lift environmental regulations on corporations, he has said this time and again. He is an envirophobe. Libertarians like to counter by saying private property laws will save the environment. It's pure nonsense.

top topics

join