It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who listens to Fields of the Nephilim, and feels the ancient gods return?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The band, Fields of the Nephilim, have a theme in their music of the ancient gods returning. Very end of the age-ish stuff, and they have been around since the 80s. How well does their music fit in with all of this new age stuff of a paradigm shift, Maya calendar stuff, ufo, and other stuff we see on ATS?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Never heard of them before you mentioned them but i just checked them out and its not my type of music.

A band with that theme though would obviously have lyrics about returning gods and the like.:lol

i don't think theres anything to it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Maybe the Gods stayed here and died here or they did not. Im my mind it would seem that they came here on a one way trip, but then most of the stories promise a return. I wasnt 100% convinced until i visited a pyramid and there was a rocket exhaust on display outside that had been inside for a really long time..Thats when it hit me that these stories were real as can be. If the Gods returned, I dont think they would like who represents us and hopefully wouldnt judge us as a whole. If Jesus (im not religious) theoretically returned, how would people even christians know for sure it was really him or would he be treated like david koresh? or like an average middle easterner? how would american christians feel about a towel around his head if he wore one? i wish they would return and dispose of all nuclear weapons and radioactive material, honestly they would take one look and reject the whole idea.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I've never really paid attention to their lyrics but they are my favorite gothic rock band. Much better than McCoy's other band, Nefilim.
edit on 1/28/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I didn't think too many people know of the Fields of the Nephilim. Definitely one of my all time favorite bands. I still listen to the cd often. Powerhouse music with a dark tone. Chord of souls rocks. And Moonchild... Wow. Some music is timeless and some music is before its time. The Nephilim may qualify as both. Its interesting to me how much great music goes unnoticed by the general public due to the nature of corporate radio rehashing the same tunes over and over, deciding what people should listen to without expanding on all the creative choices actually available to us. It makes me think of the time that Nine Inch Nails was making it big. I thought to myself that Al Jourgensen of Ministry had been doing the same thing for a long time before Nine Inch Nails ever came along. Once again someone had laid the groundwork and someone else took all the credit as though it was their own creative genius idea. But that is timing and music being before it's time. Me, I like all genres of music and some would think my extensive library to be eclectic. I think many people cut themselves short by not exploring the diversity of music. Then again it is indicative of peoples shallow choices when it comes to music and everything else in general. Just my two cents worth. I guess I'll listen to some Nephilim and contemplate that very thought. Thanks for the reminder. Rock on!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'll throw two more bands at everybody as long as its available to do so. OK, first let me acknowledge that in my first reply I didn't touch base on the Nephilim's lyrics. I think it is a very creative attempt at crafting something with a deeper message while presenting it with some powerhouse music for presentation. The band Clutch is another fantastic powerhouse band. Clutch's song, The Prophets of Doom, is a song with some serious lyrics. And from the 80's we also have The Sisters of Mercy. The SOM wrote some politically charged music that went under the radar. Their history serves some great music. OK, three bands... The The, consisting of Matt Johnson, and many artists assisting with their talents, really put out some fantastic music. I know I'm swaying way off topic. Finally I'll say that The Dead Can Dance (OK, 4 bands) singing "Rakim" is priceless. The beginning of The Pop Will Eat Itself', Cure for Sanity (5 bands), has a recording of a preacher giving a sermon about music that really says it all followed by a mind bending trip down trip hop land that is exceptional. I could go on and on but I realize this wasn't a what is your favorite band thread. Sorry, a couple of pints after an 18 hour work day... The Nephilm, Endemoniada, Last Exit for The Lost, Love Under Will, and Celebrate... The whole album is great in its concept. Hope I've thrown some stuff out there that brings something old as new to some people. Make it a great day. Regards...

new topics

top topics

join