It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday I Was Attacked And Bitten By A Stray German Shepherd And Now I Have To Get Rabies Shots

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
For those that might be interested on the procedures you'll have to go through,if you would rather not die instead,if your ever bitten by a bat,racoon,stray dog or whatever else...

I went to the hospital today for my second series of "Precautionary" "Better to be safe than sorry" rabies shots today...

I was told by the doctor in the ER who gave me "seven" injections all over my body on friday,that i would have to receive several shots again and again...

Well today today it turns out that i only had to receive "one shot" in my arm,thats it and now i go two more times,one shot each time and i'm done with it...

Its good for around 3 years and if i am ever bitten again,all i have to get is a booster shot...

edit on 30-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Just a day or two ago a man from Cape Cod,Mass,Which is only 20 or 30 miles from where i live,died from rabies.He was bitten by a bat about a "month ago" And you can bet i was not taking any chances,the multiple shots are easy to take,in comparison to dying from rabies...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

I'm not referring to the way they attack... I'm talking about the frequency they attack. I've never been attacked or even growled at by a pitbull. Almost all of them were nothing but sweet as hell.

Every German Shepard I've ever met has tried to attack me though.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

I'm not referring to the way they attack... I'm talking about the frequency they attack. I've never been attacked or even growled at by a pitbull. Almost all of them were nothing but sweet as hell.

Dobermans usually act the same way as well,attack and bite and kill is all they seem to want to do and they and german shepherds weigh at least double the weight of a pit bull...

When i was really young,my grandfather had a german shepherd that was so vicious i use to think it was some kind of monster and if he had ever let go of its chain when i was near by,that dog would have instantly tried to kill me,no doubt about it...
edit on 2-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I found your thread interesting, and I am sorry that happened to you. I am glad you went to the ER and got the shot and all cause you just never know. I love dogs, but mean dogs suck!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I used to work in a dog kennel. Getting mauled was a daily occurrence for me (I quit when I decided $8/hour wasn't worth dying over).

From experience with thousands of dogs, I can honestly say German Shepherds are hands down the most vicious breed of animals on the planet.
edit on 1/28/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

WOW! How strange.

Over the years we have had 12 German Shepherd dogs and have had contact with hundreds of other GSD at the various dog clubs. None of them would have attacked or have attacked anyone. In my experience, they just want a cuddle. Even the GSDs that didn't like have kids riding them or pulling their tail just went and hid under the table or chair and never bit the kids.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Perhaps your projecting out some weird negative energy towards the german shepards , that are causing them to be so vicious with you .

Have you ever done something really bad to a dog ? or some other animal? whats your skeltons! come on spit it out

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

After all the # I've taken from dogs over the years, it's a miracle that I haven't done anything really bad to a dog.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

Perhaps your projecting out some weird negative energy towards the german shepards , that are causing them to be so vicious with you .

Have you ever done something really bad to a dog ? or some other animal? whats your skeltons! come on spit it out
Maybe dogs and perhaps other animals as well can sense fear that they interpret as a sign of weakness and thats why they bite and or maybe they're more prone to attack if they have puppies nearby that they're protecting?...

What signs and signals are attack dogs trained to react to? especially when theres no owner around to reward them with a treat for attacking?

When i was bitten,i felt or showed no fear towards the dog before,during or after it bit me...

Dogs biting people i think might also have something to do with if the dog and the person is male or female,like maybe a male dog will bite a female more frequently? And a female dog will bite a male person more frequently?

edit on 2-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Went to the hospital again for another rabies shot,thats the third time,i go once more next friday for one shot and i'm done and thats really good because i'm getting sick of feeling needles stabbing into me,but its been well worth it,considering what getting rabies would have done to me,which is put me six feet under...Rabies Vaccine > www.cdc.gov...
edit on 4-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join