Yesterday I Was Attacked And Bitten By A Stray German Shepherd And Now I Have To Get Rabies Shots

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans...John Lennon.

I've never been bitten by a dog before and i've never been attacked by one either.But yesterday morning before work i took our male lab out for a walk in the cemetary behind our house,like i've done a hundred times before and as we were walking along i noticed a german shepherd near by and thought nothing of it...

A couple of minutes later the german shepherd,i think it was a male,came near to us and the two dogs stopped and just looked at each other in silence and then in a split second the german shepherd growled and lunged at "me" and got a hold of my hand.I pulled my hand from its mouth and kicked it and it ran away.Wether that was the right thing for me to do or not,i guess it was just an involuntary reaction.All our dog did was just bark at the german shepherd...

I looked at my "bloody left hand" and i knew right away that i should go to the hospital and i also knew that i have never seen that dog around here before and i didnt notice any tags around its neck either.The first thing i did was walk me and our dog home and then i looked up rabies on the internet and what i read scared me into going to the hospital.After waiting in the emergency room for four hours i saw a doctor and she told me that i probably will not get "rabies",but because i dont know the owners of the dog that bit me,theres no way to know if it had been immunized for rabies and that i should get the rabies shots just in case,which is what i'm doing...

Rabies is rare in the united states and theres more or less no cure once you have it and its a very painful and horrible way to die.The most common wild animals to get rabies from are bats and racoons.Worldwide around 97% of rabies cases come from unvaccinated dog bites...

Sometimes a person can contract rabies,but severe symptoms wont show up "for months" and by then,99% of the time,its too late and those symptoms are malaise,headache,fever,acute pain,violent movements,uncontrolled excitement,depression,hydrophobia,mania,terror attacks,lethargy,coma and respiratory failure.A very terrible and evil way to die...

I was given a tetanus shot and "seven" rabies shots all over my body and i have to go back "three more times" and get more shots,but anythings better than taking a chance,by doing nothing and then dying from rabies...

Rabies > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-1-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I'm so sorry that happened to you. Better to be safe, though, as you said. It's no fun I'm sure. They still give shots in the stomach?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elfie

No not in the stomach any more,i was given shots "in the wound",both arms,both thighs and my back side as well...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Oh ATS... what have you become...

"I've got bitten by a dog and now I have to get rabies shot"... I mean... wow.

What a brilliant ATS thread!

When is someone going to post a thread like "I'm going to eat right now, what do you guys think?"

This is ATS mate, NOT facebook... so what if yer getting a rabies shot? Seriously... what has ats become?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I used to work in a dog kennel. Getting mauled was a daily occurrence for me (I quit when I decided $8/hour wasn't worth dying over).

From experience with thousands of dogs, I can honestly say German Shepherds are hands down the most vicious breed of animals on the planet.
edit on 1/28/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
What a brilliant ATS thread!

Every good message boards needs and has a Off Topic section. So has ATS. A section for the more normal things that are going on, so people can talk about some other things than hate and war. I don't see a problem with it, i welcome the off topic section as much as the music, video games and other sections. Without it, ATS would be full of fear mongering and lies and a bit more boring.

That being said: There's a reason i hate dogs

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Do you anyone thats had to get rabies shots?...i dont...except me..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I hope you heal quickly and recover from the incident without too much trauma. It would be great if the owner came forward and paid for your medical expenses!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm sorry that happened to you! Sounds like a horrible experience.

They did just report a case of rabies where I live (a man got bit by a rabid bat!).

I think considering the two cases, I'd prefer to get bit by the dog! But neither sounds like a very good experience.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Good heads up for those here, as the economy struggles more people are abandoning pets. This could easily happen to anyone outdoors.

I am so sorry you are going through this, it is most unfortunate. You are smart to protect yourself in case.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
I used to work in a dog kennel. Getting mauled was a daily occurrence for me (I quit when I decided $8/hour wasn't worth dying over).

From experience with thousands of dogs, I can honestly say German Shepherds are hands down the most vicious breed of animals on the planet.
edit on 1/28/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

I would rather fight a german shepperd then a pitbull anyday. As you can see by the op , he kicked the dog and it ran away. Pitbulls don't do that .

You can shoot a pitbull , stick a knife in him , but if he has your hand he won't let go till he is dead . Have yous een them hang for long periods of time with the rope on trees? imagine your arm.

those are far more vicious breed then any german shpherd. Because of the fact they don't let go no matter how much you beat them. But one kick was all it took for that dog to runaway.

personally i don't believe any dog owner should have the right to bring there animals to public places , unless its those cute little ones . But the bigger dogs , just keep them at home in a fenced yard.

its not to much to ask is it ? , i don't want to see your dog , nor do i want to see its poop all over the place in public parks , nor do i want children around dogs

"blah blah " " if you were a dog owner you wouldn't say that "

We can barely take care of our selfs on earth , let alone another animal.

any dog bites , the owner should get charged with minimum jail sentence and fine to get the point across .

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's good that you went to the hospital for treatment. Rabies is rare indeed, but a woman who lived just over an hour from me died from it (bat bite) about a month ago. This was the first case of rabies in South Carolina in the last 50 years!!!! Much better safe than sorry my friend. I hope you heal quickly

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I say at least take the dog in. Least you know he'll protect you when the time comes.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Maybe he's just trying to be friends and doesn't know his own strength.

If the dog bit me, I still would be oohing and awwing over over him trying to take him home. That's just me.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I am truly sorry that this happened to you however, you are able to post about it on the forum and that is a good thing, as you are not explaining how hard it is to do with only the pencil you hold in your mouth.

Seriously though, keep with the shots as they just might save your bacon, and bacon is important.
As far as your actions, I might have tried something different, but that is me, I are doggie people.

But what you did ws fine, you protected you and yours.
Just next time attempt to give the boot before the hand huh?

I am also that it was not a pit. (yes I know it sucks to say that)
It seems any pit that goes for a walk ends up on the news nowadays.
Anyway, good to see you can type and you still breathe, all in all a win I see!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

You are correct, this should have been posted in the survival forum...
It gives you some mental stimulation as to a what if animal attack is how I saw it.
To each their own.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Im not sure if your trying to fool us or yourself but its blatantly obvious it wasnt a German Shepherd and was in fact a Werewolf.

Make sure that on the next full moon you find yourself somewhere isolated away from people so you dont kill anyone in your bloodlust.

Other than that piece of advice I would just say enjoy the ride, many lycanthropes have gone on to lead full and meaningful lives.

I wish you all the best for this new chapter in your life

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You could have read the title first.
Or maybe this happens to you regularly - getting bitten by stray dogs and having to get shots?

Thought not.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

You could have read the title first.
Or maybe this happens to you regularly - getting bitten by stray dogs and having to get shots?

Thought not.

Yea... well... About 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year... so... I guess its pretty usual yes, why you thought it was rare enough to be worth mentioning on ATS?

Thought not.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

He just needs a nice, warm cup of STFU.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You are in BTS my friend..

The OFF TOPIC part of ATS...

sorry to hear that Blocula..

I hope you are o.k...
edit on 28-1-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join