It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent Design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If I told you that the device you're using right now to read my thread was created itself from nothing after an explosion at a factory you would say I'm affected with madness. But of course, how can a small, complex, well organised device which is made perfectly for us to use be made by chance and without any intelligent designer. It's absolutely stupid to say such a thing. But when I say that the Universe and everything in it, with all its beauty and incredibly complex systems which is beyond human comprehension but so perfectly designed and precisely regulated and provides for every one of our needs, was created by an All-Powerful Being, Who is Sustaining this Universe every moment, Who is Most Gracious and Merciful, you say I'm mad? LOOL, kiss my chuddies.

Francis Bacon, the famous philosopher, has rightly said that a little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in God. Scientists today are eliminating models of God, but they are not eliminating God.

edit on 28-1-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The universe is god, simply put (in my mind anyways)
Its been always there for us
It creates all life.
Its ever growing, like an enormous conciousness. We are all part of god, just like every other star and planet in the universe is part of 'god'
Wether intelligent or not is not for us to know, i believe god is ever evolving just like we are. Perfect? Doesn't look that way to me. Just my opinions though

You can believe whatever you wan't
, its silly for people to bash on someones religion or lack thereof. It just breeds more division. I love and respect your right to believe in what you want, just like i hope you have the same respect for people not of the same faith. (If everyone did that, then religion wouldn't have been a huge cause of war for most of history.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DumbTopSecretWriters

Haha. Thank you for that concise explanation. I usually get all drawn-out when I try to talk about it, but you just put it square and simple.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
If I told you that the device you're using right now to read my thread was created itself from nothing after an explosion at a factory you would say I'm affected with madness.

No I wouldn't. I'd say what a marvel evolution is, first by starting life via methods of amino acids and other gobbledegook, then giving that life the ability to learn it's environment. Ears, Eyes, Taste, Touch.

Madness that over all the millions of years, we can only hear part of the audible spectrum.. That we can only perceive part of the visible spectrum. But even moreso, that we can actually communicate with language, be it legible words, or to hear it.

We don't always understand each other, because as evolution has it, we are all different and some of us still prefer sticks and stones than words, but nonetheless, we're still pretty much just out of the stoneage.

It's a wonder that we even breed, but then instinct, another trait of evolution, kicks in and say "Oi oi oi, lets have a look at that then!" when we check out the opposite sex (these days, that is debatable, but not evolutionarily helpful).

Ahh, and then there is our imagination.. We create such imaginary tales to explain why the wind blows, why the sun rises, and why we die.

God, give me strength... this evolution malarky is tedious you know..

*did you hear the wink?? no? must just be me, but I heard it... I am afterall a winker!*

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ok then if we had to be created by an intelligent designer, then who created the most powerful intelligent designer? Who created God? SuperGod?

link   

1. Thanks for further confirming that "intelligent design" is just good old fashioned creationism repackaged and rebranded for the 20th century. It's a shame that we're in the 21st century now. You guys will catch up eventually.

2. You're really going to pull out Hoyle's fallacy in your opening post? Please note the name and try to grasp why it's a strawman argument against evolution.

link   
Common sense disappeared long time ago.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Words!!!!! is that all?
edit on 28-1-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

Creator is uncreated so therfore we are all created. lol

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
The universe is god, simply put (in my mind anyways)
Its been always there for us
It creates all life.
Its ever growing, like an enormous conciousness. We are all part of god, just like every other star and planet in the universe is part of 'god'
Wether intelligent or not is not for us to know, i believe god is ever evolving just like we are. Perfect? Doesn't look that way to me. Just my opinions though

You can believe whatever you wan't
, its silly for people to bash on someones religion or lack thereof. It just breeds more division. I love and respect your right to believe in what you want, just like i hope you have the same respect for people not of the same faith. (If everyone did that, then religion wouldn't have been a huge cause of war for most of history.

That is EXACTLY it. Not metaphorically, but exactly. In a very literal sense, everything is God...because God is energy, and matter is bound energy.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
Ok then if we had to be created by an intelligent designer, then who created the most powerful intelligent designer? Who created God? SuperGod?

Hahahaha SuperGod!

Stop, dont give them ideas!!! >.>

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think anyone who claims to know how the universe was created is crazy. We can't even get past our own solar system and we still don't don't undrestand much of our own planet, and even our bodies.

I think religious atheists and religious theists should all stfu so we can fix our messed up civilization.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99
I think anyone who claims to know how the universe was created is crazy. We can't even get past our own solar system and we still don't don't undrestand much of our own planet, and even our bodies.

I think religious atheists and religious theists should all stfu so we can fix our messed up civilization.

A very valid suggestion. However, what if we get our theories from supernatural sources who actually make sense? And I don't mean sources demanding that we have faith, despite its very unlikely declarations.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Francis Bacon, the famous philosopher, has rightly said that a little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in God. Scientists today are eliminating models of God, but they are not eliminating God.

No, that's not what he said.

A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-- Essays: Of Atheism

In the very next essay, Of Superstition, he goes on to say:

Atheism leaves a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to reputation: all which may be guides to an outward moral virtue... but superstition dismounts all these and erecteth an absolute monarchy in the minds of men: therefore atheism never did perturb states; for it makes men wary of themeselves... and we see the times inclined to atheism (as the time of Augustus Caesar) were civil times; but superstition hath been the confusion of many states, and bringeth in a new 'primum mobile.' that ravisheth all the spheres of government.
-- Essays: Of Superstition

Do a better job quote mining next time.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

What makes us stupid is battling for good "words"

here's a good quote

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

ok homieee , you've won

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

Well the way in which the question is phrased makes it impossible to answer. The personification of a creative energy or system down into the word GOD creates the false idea that this energy can have a singular identity. The fact is that human intelligence is still very incapable of understanding on a cosmic or spiritual level these truths. Even if the evidence were placed in front of us, we would not have the intellectual tools to dissect and perceive it. Then if we did that by some miracle, we would then be faced with the reality that no language is available in which we can succinctly convey this new revelation to the world without using these very same constructs. It is a real and unfortunate dilemna.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Ironic use of Mrs. Roosevelt's quote on your part, given that you're attacking me for pointing out that you're effectively lying about Francis Bacon's ideas, no?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
If I told you that the device you're using right now to read my thread was created itself from nothing after an explosion at a factory you would say I'm affected with madness.

No I wouldn't. I'd say what a marvel evolution is, first by starting life via methods of amino acids and other gobbledegook, then giving that life the ability to learn it's environment. Ears, Eyes, Taste, Touch.

"Goggledegook" is exactly what abiogenesis is... a pseudo-science. There is absolutely no scientific basis for the claim that life sprung for inorganic matter. It's just a theory and is based upon a high level of faith.

top topics

join