It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Judgment on homosexuality.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I wouldn't get somebody like Rood started on Catholicism.

In that stream of Christianity the Catholic church is not even seen as Christian, and is regarded as the whore of Babylon.
So I'm surprised you would support Rood.

Prophesies within Catholicism are different than prophesies by people like Rood and the evangelical tradition.They're experienced differently and have specific channels of recognition, whereas these people are totally self-styled.

Predicting the apocalypse has serious consequences for some people, who fail to plan their finances or futures (or even donate all their cash to these cult leaders), and when the date comes and goes they are left in ruin.
So my main concern is the end of the world prophesies given with a date, all of which have obviously been fake.

Whether Catholic prophesies were true, or what did or did not happen at Lourdes or Fatima would be an interesting topic for another thread.

It's probably fair to say that if there's one thing fundamentalist evangelicals hate more than gays, it's the pope and the Catholics.

edit on 28-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleSun

I say that and the people in my church go "well, it means...." to which I say..."no no no....you can't have it both ways".

Yeah that's people putting their own spin on things. I take the bible literally. God says he is not the author of confusion. So why would he have someone reading his words guess.? Go for it girl

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
That only applies to the jews, as its of the old testament. Christian are governed by the new law, brought by Jesus. 1. Love God 2. Love your neighbor.
It really eats me up when other "Christians" pick and choose from the old testament when argueing religious laws. Being a devout follower of the old and new law, I suppose you are spotless, and pass judgement by any hasidic rabbi?

I see nothing but hypocritical biggotry and hatred here. Christians should look to Jesus' teaching, which probably says something more along the lines of: worry about the plank in your own eye before you consider the speck in an other's eye...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It is stated that homosexuality is a sin in the bible. but why would God damn someone to hell for an eternity just because he or she liked members of their own sex? Your always hearing about new teen moms on reality shows and that stuff makes me sick. I'm okay with a person being gay, but I also don't support an idea that everyone should be gay. we always hear about kids being given to foster homes because their moms and dads couldn't take care of them, but gay couples can always adopt. I know your thinking "you can't do that because the child will learn to be gay from the parents" NO your wrong, the parents can always teach the christian religion or something to the kid and let them have control of their own life. I know in some beliefs if we have a world full of gay people, there will be no new humans created and the human race will be "destroyed" but I also think there are a lot of people who go out, have kids, don't know how to take care of them properly, get frustrated, and put their kids up for adoption. I believe this to be a real flaw in today's society. Plus converting over 6 Billion people with very diverse religions and beliefs to homosexuality will be a very hard goal to complete and would probably take centuries so sit down Anti-gay activists.

This is an opinion on the biblical sin, not to anyone in particular.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Actually, the 3rd secret HAS already come true. Just become you aren't aware of it doesn't mean it didn't happen. It was the death of Pope John Paul 1.

ok..thank you for the info.. I have read in other places that it actually was something else.. but it could have had to do with the death of John Paul 1. ..and I guess it already has come true as well..but just wasn't fully presented.

What I read the secret was , was that the satanic cults will have infiltrated the Vatican (not totally taken over but definitely wielding power)..and I think they may have had something to do with the death of John Paul 1 considering he was going to do some sort of investigation on certain financial things going on within the Vatican.

and I totally agree.. just because I am not aware of many things doesn't mean they don't happen.

It was from the warning , that the prophecy from the Father say something to the effect that what they haven't revealed about the 3rd secret of Fatima is the satanic forces taking over the Vatican from within.

here are the exact words used... which again I can't say with all certainty that they are truly from God...but from my understanding of what I have read and discerned their has been some kind of evil sects associating through the Vatican, but not that everybody within the Vatican or in the leadership is part of this.

here is the link to that message along with an excerpt from it.

www.thewarningsecondcoming.com...

My dearly beloved daughter it is time for the full truth of the mysteries of the Divine Realm to be revealed to the world.

The truth has been hidden for some time. Acknowledgement of My divine intervention in the world, through the miracles, apparitions and divine communications to chosen souls, has been pushed to one side by My church for many years.

Why My church felt the need to dampen the truth when it was needed to strengthen the faith of My children everywhere is known only to them.

Every true visionary of Mine and My Blessed Mother was ignored in the beginning and treated with contempt by My Church.

My daughter even the final secret of Fatima was not given to the world because it revealed the truth of satan’s evil sect entering the Vatican.

The last part of secret has not been revealed in order to protect the wicked sect who entered the Vatican in great numbers since My Mother’s appearance at the holy shrine of Fatima.

My daughter Lucia was silenced by the powers which control part of the Vatican over which My poor beloved Popes have little control.

Like I said.. I really don't know about these messages, and their validity... but it does make sense that that was part of the 3rd secret and had to do with the death of John Paul 1..

Any information you have on where you got your info would be much appreciated...and I appreciate the correction for not making my self more clear.

But I guess the things that have been foretold in the Marian apparitions that have accepted by the church, have come true.. and there are things that have come true by ones that have yet not been accepted.. but they can only accept them when they have stopped, and the ones from Medjugorje..as well as from Maria the divine about the warning are still ongoing.

edit on 28-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

NO WHERE does it say that a woman cannot be with another woman and I defy anyone to show me a passage in the bible where it says that lesbians are sinners. It's impossible because in the original translations, it simply does not exist.

Didn't you know lesbians are a protected species?

Guy on guy, no way.

Two or more women, now what heterosexual guy is gonna forbid that in HIS holy book?

LOL

Yeah right...

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

as lame as it sounds, I saw it on a show on Discovery or NatGeo (I'm addicted to those channels). They went in-depth and talked about the 3rd secret, how the pope at the time forced the girls to a "vow of silence" (how convenient) and lots of other great things about it. They didn't want it known that a Pope would be killed by others in the Vatican and that it was all based around the Bishop in charge of banking and the deal he made about buying a bank and the politics of Pope John Paul 1 and the disagreement of those around him. I'm sorry I can't remember what show it was specifically but it was very eye opening.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

I see nothing but hypocritical biggotry and hatred here. Christians should look to Jesus' teaching, which probably says something more along the lines of: worry about the plank in your own eye before you consider the speck in an other's eye...

well.. if the christian was secretly being homosexual , thinking it was ok, yet was getting on the pulpit and telling others it was a sin.. or just admonishing others for it..then i could see the validity in what you say.

Christs main message was to repent and turn away from sin... how those who always go to the "plank in the eye" excuse for condoning sexual acts that Christ clearly would not have agreed with.. and would want repentance for..is beyond me.

But you know ..the good part in all this debating.. is that Christ will come back.. and He himself will make known what he thinks is sin..and what He clearly thinks living a life pleasing to His Father is.

No one will be able to argue with HIM... the devil and his demons don't even dare to do it...because they know better.. but they sure know how to manipulate mankind...especially the ones who do not ask for protection from God , through the mercy of His Son.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

as lame as it sounds, I saw it on a show on Discovery or NatGeo (I'm addicted to those channels). They went in-depth and talked about the 3rd secret, how the pope at the time forced the girls to a "vow of silence" (how convenient) and lots of other great things about it. They didn't want it known that a Pope would be killed by others in the Vatican and that it was all based around the Bishop in charge of banking and the deal he made about buying a bank and the politics of Pope John Paul 1 and the disagreement of those around him. I'm sorry I can't remember what show it was specifically but it was very eye opening.

Cool..I wish I had seen it.. and it does make sense..I wonder if it was maybe a little more than that..like the satanic sect that was doing this financial stuff.. *shrugs* but they didn't want to reveal that part.. because it is a little "heavy" for christians to take in... or they wanted to cover it up?

any how..thanks for the info..appreciate it very much.

All I want is for the REAL TRUTH to be revealed..whatever it is.. and from whatever source.. we all need the real truth so desperately these days...and I really think the living God wants us to have it as well..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Rejecting homosexuality is close minded and pitiful. Rejecting any chpoice that any person makes to live their life that way is pitiful actually. All of these labels and names for people, just to discern one from another by "type" is one of the worst things that religion and the government have tyaught the people of this world, and one of the the things that church and state have most in common. What a sad little world.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
All I want is for the REAL TRUTH to be revealed..whatever it is.. and from whatever source.. we all need the real truth so desperately these days...and I really think the living God wants us to have it as well..

The real truth is truth.

Shell fish is safe to eat if it is not thrown into a sack and transported through a desert first without proper refrigeration.

Pork is safe to eat as long as it is in moderation and is properly prepared.

If you beat your wife these days, she just may beat you back and win.

If you love everyone, you will never have to worry about sin.

Homosexuality exists in nature. Where else can one BE a homosexual?

It isn't what is truth that is the problem. The problem is people cannot handle the TRUTH.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Another misconception...God is the "God of love". While that may be true, He is also a God of hate. Yes, HATE. In fact, it's stunning to me that "Christians" get offended when you correct them about it and it shows the ignorance they have on the Bible when it clearly states the 7 things that God hates. Homosexuality isn't one of them.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenObserver
Rejecting homosexuality is close minded and pitiful. Rejecting any chpoice that any person makes to live their life that way is pitiful actually. All of these labels and names for people, just to discern one from another by "type" is one of the worst things that religion and the government have tyaught the people of this world, and one of the the things that church and state have most in common. What a sad little world.

hmmm..and this is exactly the type of mentality that adults who like having sex with very young children are using to condone their actions..

Or to have sex with animals.. or orgies with all of them included together..

yes.. the very same arguments ..are being used for that behavior as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Another misconception...God is the "God of love". While that may be true, He is also a God of hate. Yes, HATE. In fact, it's stunning to me that "Christians" get offended when you correct them about it and it shows the ignorance they have on the Bible when it clearly states the 7 things that God hates. Homosexuality isn't one of them.

If you are talking about the 7 deadly sins.. LUST is clearly in there..

I believe that sodomy and other sexual acts fall under that sin.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Busy watching a lengthy Rood clip, where "cult leaders" (according to Rood's title), or rather preachers from regular Christian churches give their supposed confessions.

Within the first few minutes the clip manages to insult the Catholics (with a pope impersonation), the Seventh Day Adventists, the Methodists and the Baptists.

They all had a "Rood Awakening" when they realized how wrong their "Sun-god-day" worship was, and came to know the true Messiah (with the fashionable Hebrew name) and the Torah.

This thread is actually hilarious.
Rood totally rubbishes Christianity, but yet the homophobes pull out just the anti-gay bits from his vast repertoire.
But to paraphrase Bob Marley, while you point your finger, someone else is judging you.
Well according to the Bible Jesus will tell many Christians to get lost on Judgement Day (nice).
So all these groups are in a system of figuring out who the "true" believers are compared to the 30 000 other versions.
That allows people like Rood to get their share of the market.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

I am a follower of the teachings of Christ with which the whole of Christianity was founded. As such I can't help but notice that you seem to be forgetting that Jesus said to love thy neighbor and forgive 70 times 7 times. "He who is without sin cast the first stone." Sin is sin in the eyes of God. Homosexuality is no different to God than murder or theft. We are all sinners and have all fallen short of the Grace of God. All of us are the children of God. God loves us all equally. He is no respecter of persons. God respects our freedom to choose our own destiny or else we wouldn't be here. We wouldn't have free will. We should learn to respect the free will of other just as God respects ours.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Actually, that is yet another misconception. The "7 deadly sins" are NEVER mentioned in the Bible. They are man-made as decreed by the Catholic church, NOT God.
There are 7 things God hates. It's very clear in every Christians bible to read, yet 99.999999999% of them have no clue what they are (while claiming to be good Christians).

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Busy watching a lengthy Rood clip, where "cult leaders" (according to Rood's title), or rather preachers from regular Christian churches give their supposed confessions.

Within the first few minutes the clip manages to insult the Catholics (with a pope impersonation), the Seventh Day Adventists, the Methodists and the Baptists.

They all had a "Rood Awakening" when they realized how wrong their "Sun-god-day" worship was, and came to know the true Messiah (with the fashionable Hebrew name) and the Torah.

This thread is actually hilarious.
Rood totally rubbishes Christianity, but yet the homophobes pull out just the anti-gay bits from his vast repertoire.
But to paraphrase Bob Marley, while you point your finger, someone else is judging you.
Well according to the Bible Jesus will tell many Christians to get lost on Judgement Day (nice).
So all these groups are in a system of figuring out who the "true" believers are compared to the 30 000 other versions.
That allows people like Rood to get their share of the market.

You know..he may be a bit of an eccentric nutty type. I personally have never heard of him before this thread.. and I don't care for the campy title of " a rood awakening".. but that being said.. even if he is way out there.. I have heard this description of these ash structures being those two cities before, and it does sort of make sense.

He is correct about the accuracy on what the bible says about the story revolving around these two cities.

I'm sure there are other much more well respected scholars, scientists and theologians, who have come up with similar type theories concerning these ash type structures ?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Cool..I wish I had seen it.. and it does make sense..I wonder if it was maybe a little more than that..like the satanic sect that was doing this financial stuff.. *shrugs* but they didn't want to reveal that part.. because it is a little "heavy" for christians to take in... or they wanted to cover it up?

any how..thanks for the info..appreciate it very much.

is this on youtube.? I'd kinda like to see it

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Let God be the judge......as for us (Matthew 22:39) let us love our neighbor as ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join