It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Judgment on homosexuality.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

Hahahaha you'll never get respect from me and from anybody else if you keep throwing up imaginary force fields.
The impenetrable fortress of homosexuality

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Thank you! I suppose it's to be expected, sites of this nature tend to attract all kinds of "experts" haha. To each his own... just like with religion, homosexuality, or anything really

Like how I brought it back to the topic at hand?

That's how I roll yo

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
reply to post by Amadeo

Hahahaha you'll never get respect from me and from anybody else if you keep throwing up imaginary force fields.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Amadeo

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

First of all, thank you for that reply. That was probably the most well thought out piece I have ever read on the internet, and I get all my info from the web. Seriously. And I want to apologize for calling you a name. That is really not like me. It sounds to me like gay society in SA is a lot different than what we see in the states. More intellectual rather than sensational. I have met dozens of gay people in my life and they are just people like you, me and everyone. They are normal and fun and I get along with them just fine, although some of the lesbians definitely dislike all men. There is a certain stereotype of gay that is being popularized in this country. The flamboyant, lisping, exaggerated arm-motions, obnoxious, opinionated, full of themselves bonehead. I have met 2 gays like this in my life and I had a hard time being around them for more than 5 minutes. Kind of like the obnoxious relative that never shuts up and always says the most inappropriate things. The more this stereotype is shown to be "the thing", the more it is emulated. I refuse to go out anymore because so many gays are like this now. I don't feel comfortable around that kind of self-promotion from anyone. And it is clearly an act and a fake persona, no one could possibly act like that naturally. I think this is the one thing that disturbs with this issue. And it is definitely not just gays. Check out shows like "Jersey Shore" and "Real Housewives of New Jersey". Who do these people think they are to act like that! It's just getting harder and harder to meet real people you can have a conversation with. Everyone wants to be cool like the people on TV. Everyone is putting on an act and creating a public persona for themselves. What's wrong with just being you? Anyway, thanks for the post. SA sounds nice. Maybe I will visit someday.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo
reply to post by scully222

Yeah that post isn't even a rebuttal of my previous one, it's just the equivalent of you opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble. Going by yours and CaptainNemo's last posts, you're both failing extremely hard at this and what you're both now saying can just be dismissed as a poor attempt at trolling since your arguments have been ripped apart.

Better luck next time.

Why don't you just dismiss everyone you don't like in one fell swoop and get it over with? You could take a cue from halfoldman and actually put some thought into you posts. He has argued his case very well, and it makes sense. Name calling and flaming won't win you many arguments here. Maybe try a different tact? I would like to leave you with a couple bits of advise before you proceed to pound your keyboard through your desk responding to this:

1. Try not to hurt yourself while you are patting yourself on the back. All that twisting could pull a muscle.

2. Make sure you don't trip while you are throwing yourself on your sword. Those facial cuts can be unsightly.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by scully222

Yeah that post isn't even a rebuttal of my previous one, it's just the equivalent of you opening your mouth and letting your belly rumble. Going by yours and CaptainNemo's last posts, you're both failing extremely hard at this and what you're both now saying can just be dismissed as a poor attempt at trolling since your arguments have been ripped apart.

Better luck next time.

Why don't you just dismiss everyone you don't like in one fell swoop and get it over with? You could take a cue from halfoldman and actually put some thought into you posts. He has argued his case very well, and it makes sense. Name calling and flaming won't win you many arguments here. Maybe try a different tact? I would like to leave you with a couple bits of advise before you proceed to pound your keyboard through your desk responding to this:

1. Try not to hurt yourself while you are patting yourself on the back. All that twisting could pull a muscle.

2. Make sure you don't trip while you are throwing yourself on your sword. Those facial cuts can be unsightly.

Why should I bother? You've posted nothing but prejudice and hate in this thread so why the hell should I afford you any respect when you can't do the same for me? You've gotten to the stage where you are allegedly afraid to go outside your door because of the horrible gays roaming the streets which is frankly bizarre so let me give YOU some advice:

Go and get your head sorted out because you're obviously ill. Once you've done that and can come back to this thread with a clear mind and put forward your case to me with the respect you think YOU should be treated with, you'll find me far more willing to reciprocate in kind. Until then, stop playing the victim because it's really tiresome.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Well I'm glad we could find some common ground.
SA is a lovely place, but the gays also come in all varieties.
I'd be lying if I said I like all gay people, and sometimes I wouldn't mind being the only gay in the village.

I guess you can't always choose your "family".

In my last encounter for example, I wanted to start a conversation with quite a visible gay man, and soon I had a hand shoved in front of my face, with the idiot announcing: "I don't want to talk to you".
So much for gay solidarity, I thought.
I mean it's his right to say that, but still, it's not how one should treat people.
However, many are also great people.

You do have a point, there is something going on in mass culture that celebrates a kind of shallowness, and makes a lot of people want to behave like spoilt, upper-class teenage girls.
I notice it a lot on reality television, which also seems to spread it.
It's more complex than I can explain here, and is food for further thought.

edit on 13-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by scully222

Better luck next time.

Why should I bother? You've posted nothing but prejudice and hate in this thread so why the hell should I afford you any respect when you can't do the same for me? You've gotten to the stage where you are allegedly afraid to go outside your door because of the horrible gays roaming the streets which is frankly bizarre so let me give YOU some advice:

Go and get your head sorted out because you're obviously ill. Once you've done that and can come back to this thread with a clear mind and put forward your case to me with the respect you think YOU should be treated with, you'll find me far more willing to reciprocate in kind. Until then, stop playing the victim because it's really tiresome.

What exactly would you consider respect? This is the part I am struggling with. I don't expect any respect from you as I think you have none to give. I don't recall ever asking for your respect either. The funniest thing about this whole exchange is the fact that all these things you claim I am doing(demanding respect, labeling people, playing the victim, name calling, etc)are all behaviors that you yourself are actually displaying. I mention gays like to march in Gay Pride parades and you claim I am afraid to go outside because of all the gays. That is hilarious!! I have an article for you to read that was written by a gay gentleman. I am sure he would disagree with my views and that's OK. Read what he has to say and then you can dismiss it like everything else. It is interesting that he makes all the same points and arguments I have been trying to make here. Maybe you can attack him for a while after you are done. Here it is:

www.lsnewsgroup.com...

If you would consider it respectful of me to just blindly accept everything you say as the 100% truth and slink off with my tail between my legs, it's just not going to happen. ATS wouldn't be much fun if everyone agreed now would it? Now quit accusing everyone of attacking you every time they post something you don't agree with. You are acting like a child. It is time to put the big boy pants on and sit at the adult table. No hate here, you just need to quit acting so juvenile.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Well I'm glad we could find some common ground.
SA is a lovely place, but the gays also come in all varieties.
I'd be lying if I said I like all gay people, and sometimes I wouldn't mind being the only gay in the village.

I guess you can't always choose your "family".

In my last encounter for example, I wanted to start a conversation with quite a visible gay man, and soon I had a hand shoved in front of my face, with the idiot announcing: "I don't want to talk to you".
So much for gay solidarity, I thought.
I mean it's his right to say that, but still, it's not how one should treat people.
However, many are also great people.

You do have a point, there is something going on in mass culture that celebrates a kind of shallowness, and makes a lot of people want to behave like spoilt, upper-class teenage girls.
I notice it a lot on reality television, which also seems to spread it.
It's more complex than I can explain here, and is food for further thought.

edit on 13-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

You can see the kind of responses I have to deal with concerning the dude from Scotland. I am sure you have read the posts. That kind of behavior is the reason I posted on this thread to begin with. I simply can't believe people can go around behaving like that without realizing it. I have never looked at people in terms of white/black, gay/straight, etc. I have never considered race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious leanings, etc. as being important. The only see 2 types of people: 1. Good, decent, honest people, and 2. A**holes. Good people care what other people think. They realize it is not all about them, and they act accordingly. They have empathy and want to help others whenever they can, even in small ways that may not be noticed. A**holes are 100% in it for themselves. Other people are just in the way of their greatness, intelligence, add any adjective you like. When they claim to help people they make it into a huge production to call attention to themselves(Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, etc.). Such displays are done for their own pride so they can feel like a good person. A**holes are great at making money, so they get much respect from everyone, in fact they usually demand the respect. I really do think it is that simple. That prick you met that told you off was an a**hole, no doubt about it. He didn't care if he stung you with his words. You were not even worth his time, so he dismissed you. What a shame as you probably could have talked some sense into him. It's hard to create change in this world when so many people could not care less. Just my take on things. By the way I love Bigfoot! Look up BFRO.net, one of my favorite sites. Take care.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

thanks. I suppose that's where there is a disconnect - "ignorant" isn't a bad word yet people take it as an insult. That's on them not knowing what it means, not me. Just a pet peeve of mine i suppose. = )

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Amadeo

You weren't talking to me, but I saw the word acceptance in your reply above mine, so I interjected.

Read my reply again, read it S L O W L Y.

It's actually really simple and understandable.

BTW by genetic cruch, I mean the the lie that Homosexuals are born gay
edit on 12-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

I don't need to read your BS again, once was enough for me to know you're talking crap. Same with 'gays not being born gay' thing. How the hell do YOU know? I can say with absolute certainty that I was born gay and you're in no position to say otherwise. Consider yourself and your ridiculous arguments thoroughly dismissed.

while you may have been born attracted to people of the same sex, that does not make you born gay. it is CHOICE to have sex with someone unless you are raped. Period. End of story. In fact, there are dozens of decisions that go into sleeping with someone one - all of which are a voluntary choice, therefore that argument that one is "born gay" is simply wrong. Enough studies have been done to show that the concept doesn't even exist in many cultures (Take Hasidic Jews for example) and since they are not exposed to the idea of it, they do not even have the choice to indulge in it since they don't know it exists at a young age. The idea that homosexuality exists in nature is simply through homosexual acts to show dominance - nothing more, nothing less. Don't attack me for it, attack the science and research. One might not like it, but the truth is the truth.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleSun

I don't necessarily agree.
Of course one can find this web-site to to prove this, or that web-site to prove that.
However, there's no clear scientific evidence either way, and therefore it's also incorrect to say there's no evidence that points to genetic, birth order or other factors.

What is suggested rather interestingly is that male homosexuality is rarer by incidence than female homosexual encounters, but male homosexuals are more likely to be exclusively gay.
This does not mean that there are no men who play both fields in a lifetime (or encounters in homosocial settings like prisons), or that there are no exclusively gay woman.
But it does suggest that the mechanism for male homosexuality may largely differ to that in women.

To me it was never a choice.
I can choose to be celibate with an iron will, but I cannot make myself feel sexually attracted to a woman.
So I can choose not to have sex, but I'm speaking the plain truth if I say I cannot have heterosexual sex.

Gender non-conformist play in childhood is often used in studies, because it generally and quite accurately foretells gay sexuality even from childhood.

Now a lot of different people are lumped under broad definitions in Western sexual politics.
Not all these people will have the same experience of sexuality.
In academia there is an old debate between the essentialists and social constructionists (the former argue that gender and sexuality is biologically determined, while the latter argue that all sexuality is socially constructed by economic and other forces).

I don't believe that all sexuality in animals has to do with dominance - there are other forms of bonding.
The bonobos don't look very dominant as they enjoy their daily sex play.
Perhaps that's a bit like saying that male dominance over females amongst humans is natural because of the heterosexual sex act.
But yeah, women and slaves were seen as passive partners to dominate, and so "heterosexual men" took advantage of that in various cultures (and apparently they still do in some).
Perhaps that is natural?

Who knows?
I'm a grown man attracted to other grown men.
I've been through the therapies and exorcisms.
I've looked at pre-colonial cultures (and there was usually homosexuality and a "third gender").
Even in Africa, which Westerners once saw as supposedly "hyper-heterosexual", homosexuality was widespread.

Perhaps all sex has a degree of submission and dominance.
Well I like mine with men.
I cannot like it with women - that's the crux.

I also understand that many straight people find the idea of gay sex repulsive.
Try telling them their heterosexuality is only a choice!
I don't find women repulsive at all, but I find the idea of heterosexual sex quite repulsive.
Why only question gay sexuality on this?
The majority of heterosexuals aren't exactly living in a convent.
Why can they have all the fun in the world, and nobody every demands an explanation from them?

In many non-Western cultures there is no choice.
The parents decide whom you marry, and both men and women are thrown into a situation that may violate their sexuality.
But not all cultures care about individual human rights.
I'd like to advance a culture that does.

In Uganda at the moment they are once again thinking of introducing the death sentence for gays, and sentences for anyone that fails to report a known homosexual.
Many have been killed or forced into exile.
Some had their limbs chopped off.
Yeah, I'm sure people will face all that, and excommunication from their families over something they merely choose.

I sometimes think the Western countries have had too many rights, and they've forgotten what they mean or where they came from.
globewriter.wordpress.com...
edit on 17-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Homosexuality is a choice. Gay people CHOOSE to have sex with each other. They could choose to not have sex with each other but they do. Being gay is a choice.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

Absolutely not.
Homosexuality is a sexual orientation.
The Wordsworth Dictionary of Sexual Terms (authored by Michael A Carrent, Wordsworth Reference: 1995) sums it up best:

Homosexuality is not a consciously made choice but a fundamental personality factor that no one can control. As with heterosexuals, the reasons why a person is homosexual are not known. Also, like heterosexuality, homosexuality may or may not be actively expressed, but a person with that orientation is aware of the emotional and psychological realities of that aspect of his or her personality
(p.77).

Now I guess all these people who keep saying it is a choice based only on sex acts, sound like they are straight people who occasionally enjoy gay sex, and there's nothing wrong with bisexuality.
However, just because they are heterosexuals who choose to experiment doesn't mean everyone has their latent desires for both sexes, or that a gay orientation or straight orientation is a choice for everybody.

edit on 26-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
Homosexuality is a choice. Gay people CHOOSE to have sex with each other. They could choose to not have sex with each other but they do. Being gay is a choice.

Yes! To have sex is a choice and being homosexual is not. Gold star for you.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

you really enjoy spreading hate under the name of your god, don't you?
i was pleased to see how fast your latest attempt was killed. Good to know there's a level of quality at ATS.

if believing in the flying spaghetti monster is what keeps you going... fine, please continue (after all, it's just your brain who's suffering) just please please please stop spreading your nonsense

i know some christians who would be disgusted by the way you abuse their version of the imaginary friend just to set categories of people apart.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

can someone give this person some logic?
homosexuality, my good person, is NOT a choice. Is having blue eyes a choice?
who the hell do you think you are that you are entitled to determine that homo's shouldn't have sex?

what is your issue really? can't handle your latent homosexuality (I admit, this is just my assumption, nothing else).

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by theBigToe
reply to post by MJZoo

IDK if you are making an attempt to be serious here or sarcastic?

lets hope the later LOL

Lol, extreme sarcasm. The notion that ANYONE has a choice in what they are attracted to is ridiculous. It's no different than saying we have a choice in what we think smells good, or tastes good, etc.

glad i continued reading after your previous post - i was about to assemble some very nasty words.
the sarcasm did escape me, but that probably tells more about my state of mind than your phrasing.

:-)

bbc's horizon ran a docu called "out of control" :

We all like to think we are in control of our lives - of what we feel and what we think. But scientists are now discovering this is often simply an illusion.

Surprising experiments are revealing that what you think you do and what you actually do can be very different. Your unconscious mind is often calling the shots, influencing the decisions you make, from what you eat to who you fall in love with...

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join