It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Judgment on homosexuality.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

"God" created them but them obviously chose to be homosexual. I know that I have had absolute say in exactly what I find attractive. I once thought I found black hair attractive but then I was like NO, black is the color of death and I refuse to be attracted to black hair. So I forced myself to be attracted to brunettes.

obviously chose to be homosexual.

You are actually hilarious. They didn't choose anything, they were born that way. If you can choose to be gay, prove it to me. Be gay for a couple of weeks.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I think that is true, they themself have such feelings, hate themself for it and bring out the hate against homosexuals. I still consider myself bisexual and not completely lesbian but i do wonder why people can't leave us alone. There's constant hate, stupid remarks from people, just because i'm not what is considered "normal"
I don't understand it, i mean i don't go to people and say "What? You're straight? How stupid are you?"
But it's unbelievable how much hate there is and it's mostly a religious thing, because Atheists or Buddhists usually don't give a # about it, it's mostly christians and muslims who bring out their hate, going so far as giving me death threats because i don't deserve to live unless i change and get together with a guy

And the OP and his post is a perfect example of this

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

The NT tells us it don't matter what we eat. The NT also calls homosexuality a reason why someone cannot get to heavens. Romans I think touches on it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Newsflash for you buddy - the bible says lots of things. That doesnt make them true.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
lately i started reading the words of christ again, even some of what paul wrote(god shines through his ignorance). and i get a whole new meaning deeply transforming christ from this sick self centered tyrannical god to just a mere being of love. Christianity is an insult to his name. They should call themselves something else. Their beliefs have nothing to do with what the Christ taught.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Huh? I was 'straight' for most of my life. Had 2 boyfriends in my teenage years, various other straight sexual encounters (during that time only tried some things with a good female friend of mine, nothing serious), then i accidentally met my girlfriend (in a pure accident, though i think it was fate), we fell in love. Until that point i never ever thought about being together with a girl, that thought never crossed my mind. I met her, we learned each other to know, we had so many things in common and it was basically love at first sight.

Personally i strongly believe that all Humans are Bisexual, we're open for both genders. I think what you prefers is affected by the parents, upbrining, sadly also religion and how your life go on. Most guys are in strong denial about their feelings, because they get raised to be the "leaders", the "strong". The same reason why so many males have a problem with talking about their feelings, crying and such. It's considered "weak", so they suppress such feelings. Woman are different, we are expected to have strong feelings and i think that's why we are more open to be bisexual or homosexual.

But really, you're nothing from birth on and Homosexuality isn't a disease you catch, it's also not some sort of brain damage, it's just your feelings and love.

Personally i'm glad that my parents raised me in a modern way and accepted and really like my girlfriend. I remember the first time i brought her home and after a couple of hours with talks and laughter my dad said that she was perfect and was really happy for me (and we're still living in the house of my parents, we always have a fun time and sit together talking about things, listening to music, drinking whiskey)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

He was using laws that don't apply to Christians to accuse them of hypocrisy, but he'd be wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

He was using laws that don't apply to Christians to accuse them of hypocrisy, but he'd be wrong.

Just because the books been resold as "the New Testament", it doesnt erase the Old Testament. There is no reason to believe in either because neither have evidence to support theyre anything but a bunch of ridiculously offensive stories squeezed together into one of the most ridiculously offensive books ever written.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Whether they are true or not is irrelevant, his point is debunked. Comparing dietary law to homosexuality is not a fair comparison because the NT claims one is not needed yet still condemns the other.
edit on 28-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
lately i started reading the words of christ again, even some of what paul wrote(god shines through his ignorance). and i get a whole new meaning deeply transforming christ from this sick self centered tyrannical god to just a mere being of love. Christianity is an insult to his name. They should call themselves something else. Their beliefs have nothing to do with what the Christ taught.

Big star for you and don't give up, the truth is in the bible, but I don't believe you will find it at church. The bible does say that homosexuality is a sin but it also tells us to love our neighbor. Jesus says very clearly the two most important comands love God and love your neighbor. We are also told not to judge. Since I too am a sinner I don't feel I have any right to judge, but many righteous Christians feel that it is ok for them to pass judgement. Of course the bible says only God is righteous.

God's promise to you is the gift of interpretation. If you pray that God sends the Holy Spirit to interpret the bible for you he does. Believe that God is telling the truth and you will see for yourself the Good news. Which is Chris in all.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I dont really follow....

proving it untrue is all that matters.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

Hitch-slapped! Watch and learn...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

He said or tried to make a false comparison as to why Christians are hypocrites. I pointed out the comparison doesn't work, so his attempt failed. It doesn't matter if it is true or not, because we are talking about what Christians believe.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Whether they are true or not is irrelevant, his point is debunked. Comparing dietary law to homosexuality is not a fair comparison because the NT claims one is not needed yet still condemns the other.
edit on 28-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

God also condemns the proud. Anyone who feels they have a right to judge another man's sin does so out of pride. We are simply not the judge. The bible says many things are sin, and that love covers a multitude of sin. So if someone sins but loves the world, is there sin covered by that love and the free gift of grace? I believe so, what do you think?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

The only reason you believe there is something wrong with you is because youre willing to believe there is. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You are a product of billions of years of evolution. You are not right, you are not wrong. You are perfectly natural in every sense of the word. This idea that we are born with something wrong with us is not only destructive to our self image but is also invasive, and perpetuates more harm then good. Religion is an uneducated persons only way to cope with their limited understanding of science. Pick up a real book and invest some time into researching other positions that argue your own. The truth is way more remarkable then anything youll find in the bible.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

I see your preferences, you have your arms around one of those brunettes don't ya?

Opinion on this thread

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Oh, for crying out loud. What garbage, what utter nonsense! And people wonder why I haven't attended church since I was 18 years old. It's because they're usually full of people who think like the OP does...narrow-minded, hateful, and downright dense.

I don't give a rat's behind what two people do together in the privacy of their own home. It doesn't hurt me or affect me one bit. As long as nobody is being hurt, it's between themselves and God.

The wedge issues of homosexuality and abortion really make me angry, because they are things that are between the person involved and God above...and NOBODY ELSE. Why would anybody with even half a brain stick their snout into something like this which has no affect on them? How does somebody who enjoys same-sex relations affect you? How does somebody who ends an unwanted or dangerous pregnancy affect you?

Answer: IT DOESN'T. Take your judgmental, self-righteous nonsense and stuff it. This thread is the real abomination.
edit on 28-1-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This thread is nothing more than
hate. It's Gay bashing, nothing
more! Be off with you!!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I mean if youre just going to point out scripture to me then we can go back and forth all day, and I can provide you with scripture that says its okay to be proud, and that its okay to rape your dad, or sell your daughter into slavery, offer her even to be gang raped by a mob, I can quote scripture that would have condoned the holocaust and the Inquisition, and 9/11, and denying minorities equal representation in the law. The answers arent in a book filled with circular logic, theyre everywhere but in that book. Its all around you. Ask the universe your questions directly and science will provide you the means to an answer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join