It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive US Military Buildup on Two Strategic Islands: Socotra and Masirah

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Business as usual I see.

Second.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Originally posted by sonnny1
ANYONE in the Military can confirm this ?

100K troops?

Seriously?

Here you have a lot of links supporting that. Maybe this will be helpful for ya

www.twitlonger.com...

Im still looking brother.....

Everything points back to Debka,and its "unidentified sources". Although if it does ring true, What could Obama the Neo-con say?

Personally,I would think it would have been a better strategic plan,to have left forces in Iraq,and staged from there......if this was the plan all along.

Commander and Chief?

Mwahahaha.......

edit on 28-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by MrSpad
Are you people serious? I know most of you have little military back ground and no understanding of the logistics of supporting a force and even less of an understanding of strategic military planning but, just common sense should be able to tell you how completely impossible this story is. Come on you guys, will you buy anything as long as it fits your agenda? Read about these islands and you figure out why deploying and force of note there would be just plain out stupid.
edit on 28-1-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

Here you go General!

www.globalresearch.ca...

FYI: Those Islands were also used 2003 for Iraq.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

So you think some people could be confused about a place that could support a small airbase and perhaps a smalll naval support unit and they then just assume it would be a great place to stash 100K soldiers plus tanks, trucks, equipment etc?

What I'm saying is, that it has been used in the past.

The rest is from the article I posted. Plus the videos of course with the tanks etc.

Well clearly 100K men could not be supported on those islands or even fit, imagine the size of that vehicle park. So we know at least that 100K men are not on or going to be on those islands. We also know 100K men is about 4 divisions and almost half of Americas active duty Army divsions. If that many people were on the move it would be a massive deployment that would be impossible to hide.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Someone's gonna push back.

I'm not worried much bout Iran. Does Russia have the stones to attack the US? Would Venezuela attack from the South? What about China?

This isn't going to be another "Mission Accomplished". This is going to be long and bloody, and we're all going to pay a dear price for it in one way or another. This is a foolish mistake considering the state of the economy, but at least TPTB get their way, and the military industrial complex gets more money. To hell with us, they don't give a damn.

edit on 28-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

From the OP

Today, those sources estimate from the current pace of arrivals on the two island bases, that 50,000 US troops will have accumulated on Socotra and Masirah by mid-February. They will top up the 50,000 military already present in the Persian Gulf region, so that in less than a month, Washington will have some 100,000 military personnel on the spot and available for any contingency.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
I'm not worried much bout Iran.

Neither is anybody else...

Does Russia have the stones to attack the US? Would Venezuela attack from the South? What about China?

Too Much Call of Duty.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Voting day?.. the usual bull, trying to work out which billionaire to vote for? and their grooming fish of various corperations?..Does it make any difference any more?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Elmira, N.Y. - President Barack Obama's defense administration is planning to reduce the number of active soldiers by almost 100,000 and cut defense spending by billions over the next decade.

A plan U.S. Congressman Tom Reed says comes as a result of America’s national debt. Reed said, “It's a reflection of the reality we face of the fiscal crisis of a $15 trillion national debt. Everybody has to take that into consideration as we move forward.” Panetta’s plan will reduce military spending by $487 billion over the next decade. Active forces in the Army will decrease by 75,000 soldiers. Forces in the Marine Corps will drop by 20,000 soldiers. The government also plans to retire seven Navy cruisers.

Potential Plan To Cut Billions In Military Spending

Obama setting up for War?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
So I'm guessing that his promise of bringing troops home is actually just a pretext to re-deployment on the new war front.

Who didn't see the next big lie coming?

Peace

all going according to plan. 9/11 to get that patriotic blood flowing and a healthy dose of hate towards muslims so the soldiers find them easier to kill, think the japs and the nazi's during world war 2.

iraq down. that leaves 2 of the 3 remaining members of the axis of evil still standing.

iran is next. if obama can't pull the trigger. mitt romney will. he has no problem nuking iran as long as he is promised the presidency and gets to ride around in air force one.

if iran is attacked, and the war is long and bloody, as it will be, you can bet n.korea will take advantage and try to unify korea while america is stretched thin.

it's no coincidence kim jung il died. he was most likely murdered by party elites who grew impatient with his promises of invasion and unification while he drank $750,000 worth of hennessy a year.

it isn't the first time in history that has happened. the nobles vs. the king.

enter kim jong un. someone young enough, strong enough and easier to manipulate into war. thus drawing nato and china into world war.

out of the ashes and rubble, the new world order will emerge.

edit on 28-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

reply to post by MrSpad

From the OP

Today, those sources estimate from the current pace of arrivals on the two island bases, that 50,000 US troops will have accumulated on Socotra and Masirah by mid-February. They will top up the 50,000 military already present in the Persian Gulf region, so that in less than a month, Washington will have some 100,000 military personnel on the spot and available for any contingency.

Of the forces already in the gulf 22K are sailors on ships and 15K are soldiers in Kuwait. Who are these other 50K men and why are they all going to be sitting on a couple of small islands where they can not do anything? Why not send them to the Kingdom or Kuwait where at least they would be of some use in a war. Clearly even if they were all combat troops that is not enough to invade Iran. If they were sailors they would be on ships and if they were airforce they would need a real airbase. So clearly 50K men are not going to those islands.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'm not worried much bout Iran.

Neither is anybody else...

Does Russia have the stones to attack the US? Would Venezuela attack from the South? What about China?

Too Much Call of Duty.

You REALLY enjoy picking fights with me don't you?

Looks like you are making ASSumptions. (I still remember that.) If you don't think that another power could attack the US then you sir are naive. Or willfully ignorant.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
enter kim jong un. someone young enough, strong enough and easier to manipulate into war. thus drawing nato and china into world war.

Lill Kimmy jong un is a Westernized Doughboy...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e8af7765d9e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Looks like you are making ASSumptions. (I still remember that.) If you don't think that another power could attack the US then you sir are naive. Or willfully ignorant.

Another country attacking the US?

Yes, that's always a possibility.

However, if that's EVER brought up here at ATS regarding Iran it's considered FEAR mongering. But, When it's about WW-III it's considered a reality

Venezuela attacking the US?

No...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Regarding the air base

Military Base

Beginning in the 1930's, Masirah was used as a British military base. A small stone building, a fuel store for flying boats, was at the midpoint of the island on the West side, and had a stone above the door inscribed "RAF 1936". Reputedly, the fuel store was locked and visiting aircrew used to bring a key, refuel from cans, lock the store and fly onwards. During World War 2, the United States also had a base on the island. The base continued to expand into the 1970's supporting British and Oman forces fighting insurgents during The Dhofar Rebellion and providing transit facilities for long distance RAF flights.
The British military presence at RAF Masirah extended until 31 Mar 1977, when the base was handed over to the Sultan of Oman's Air Force (now the Royal Air Force of Oman), becoming first SOAF Masirah and then RAFO Masirah. The base included HF communications hub and a rear link to SAS units based in Oman in support of the actions against rebels in the south of the country (RAF Salalah).
As of 2009, the American private military contractor DynCorp has a contract to staff and serve a US military storage depot at this base.

source

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Venezuela attacking the US?

No...

As part of alliance with Russia, China, and Iran. Why not? Please, teach me your ways master. I long to learn more from the all-knowing all-seeing.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The Revolutionary War _______ 1775-1786
The War of 1812 ____________ 1812-1814
The Mexican/American War ___ 1836-1848
The American Civil War ______ 1861-1865
The Spanish American War ___ 1897-1898
The Indian American Wars ____ 1775-1918
World War I ________________ 1914-1918
World War 2 ________________ 1941-1945
Cold War __________________ 1945-1992
The Vietnam War ___________ 1962-1973
The Invasion of Grenada _____ 1983-1984
The Invasion of Panama _____ 1989
Operation Desert Storm ______ 1991-1992
Operation United Shield ______ 1992-1995
Operation Determined Falcon _ 1998-1999
Operation Enduring Freedom __ 2001-2011
Operation Iraqi Freedom ______ 2003-2011
Operation Freedom Falcon ____ 2011-...

We've been a counry for 235 years.

We've been at war for 209 of those years.

I've been wrong all along. We don't need a revolution. We need some evolution.
We need to change, not as a country, but as a species.

edit on 28-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I'm sure someone will be by shortly to tell you you're wrong and stupid, or that you hate America.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

As part of alliance with Russia, China, and Iran. Why not? Please, teach me your ways master. I long to learn more from the all-knowing all-seeing.

Show us where "This military" Alliance officially exists. Show us by what means Venezuela has at their disposal to attack the US. You're going to sit there and tell us that if they did attempt some sort of an attack on El Norte that they wouldn't be slitting their own throats.

It's nice to talk conspiracy and imagine all kinds of scenarios but occasionally you'll have to dip back into reality to make them even remotely plausible.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by randomname

Lill Kimmy jong un is a Westernized Doughboy...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e8af7765d9e.jpg[/atsimg]

well this is him now:

in charge of an fanatical, isolated and indoctrinated army of 1,000,000 active soldiers and 8,000,000 reserves, plus a game ending nuke.

im not american. so i won't be in the middle of a frozen n.korean forest surrounded by 300,000 fanatical n. korean troops who have little to no fear of death and are going to be charging down a mountain at night ready to rip your guts out with a bayonet.

you think you're going to get dragon armor. do you think they have enough to supply over 1 million troops. because that's what it's going to take.

do you think an apache is going to be there to protect you. they're useless in - 40 weather. or abram tanks. they're also useless in frozen muck, mountain terrain and forests.

not to mention the endless stream of chinese soldiers being fed from the north.

edit on 28-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

I'm sure you're right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join