It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free electric energy transportation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
ok i am not an engineer or scientist but i did create a golf cart that hasnt needed to be recharged for over a year now and, i drive it almost every day i did not invent anything i just added a wind turbine to it so it is always recharging its self i know it seems too simple to work but it does and i have never had to recharge it
edit on 1/28/2012 by benevolent tyrant because: Mod Edit......capitalization in Thread title

edit on 1/28/2012 by benevolent tyrant because: Mod Edit....spelling error correction in thread title

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
ok i am not an engineer or scientist but i did create a golf cart that hasnt needed to be recharged for over a year now and, i drive it almost every day i did not invent anything i just added a wind turbine to it so it is always recharging its self i know it seems too simple to work but it does and i have never had to recharge it

Why don't you post some pictures of it. I think its a great idea.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Be careful.
Certain people don't like when normal people figure out how to cheat the system. Saw a nice thread on it last night here. About people who could get 100+ mpg and were told to stfu or be shot.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

threats really dont bother me if anything it gives me motivation

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Most certainly throw up some screen shots and how you did it. You have me interested!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

what is it you want pictures of ? a golf cart with a wind turbine on it or the wireing configuration?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

It actually doesn't seem too simple to work. But how much energy does a golf cart coasting at 30 mph really need? It wouldn't be as effective if used with a vehicle that often does 60 mph...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

ill have to take some pics later my nephew is riding it around out in the pasture right now but its just as simple as mounting a wind turbine on the back of it and connecting the wires to the battery a 5 year old could do it

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

thats the point im trying to make withought just comming out and saying it im pretty sure it would work on a car but then you would have to add a bigger turbine or maybe 2 or 3 to get the electrical out put consumed by the bigger car motor

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Be careful.
Certain people don't like when normal people figure out how to cheat the system. Saw a nice thread on it last night here. About people who could get 100+ mpg and were told to stfu or be shot.

Point me to this thread?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by theRhenn

ill have to take some pics later my nephew is riding it around out in the pasture right now but its just as simple as mounting a wind turbine on the back of it and connecting the wires to the battery a 5 year old could do it

I gotcha. I wasnt sure how your configured it. Yeah, it does sound pretty basic. But Id like to know some of the specs. As one responder mentioned, there is a big diffrence in the sizes of the autos but I would think mounting a turbine on an electric car would be one hell of a nice alternator. You would at least get a good portion of your power back, especially if you were driving long distances at a time. Since electric cars take 48 hours to run 200 or so miles, it would probably greatly increase that range.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

If you don't mind me asking, how long can you run this cart before the battery runs out of charge to drive it?
edit on 28-1-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: incompetence

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

i havnt found that threshold yet however i have not driven it long distances i think 10 miles is the longest distance i have traveled without stopping i have no reason to drive a golf cart any farther than that it fits my needs just fine

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

What mileage are you averaging per day ?

Are you charging it using the wind turbine when the cart is parked up ?

...... or

charging it with the wind turbine whilst using it ?

Wouldn`t that result in the energy you gained from the wind turbine being negated by an increase in drag ??

edit on 28-1-2012 by UmbraSumus because: change of terminology

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Enjoy our inventions.
www.youtube.com...

Maurice Wards did.

www.youtube.com...

7 months ago Hello I am Bernie, I looked after Maurice Wards Youtube account and I am sorry to inform you that Maurice passed away a few months ago and as such I have disabled the comments. To my mind Maurice was one of a kind, a British inventor and a most entertaining man who I will sadly miss. Regards Bernie

Sep'n the elite didn't want the 99% to have anything to do with it.
Well Murry didn't want to patent to divulge the formula either.

A 21 ingredient paste plastic coating or solid the dissipates heat
at an enormous rate. Get your Thermodynamics Theories out for
a ride on this one.

Same thing happened to the Papp Engine fuel formula composed of 'inactive' Nobel gases
of which Helium is very active to sparks according to William R. Lyne in his books.
Lyne has proposed to set the Atomic Furnace design open world wide to see if any
industrialized nation goes for Free Energy. What do you think.
I like the Lyne Nitrogen burner myself.

Well Tesla had many free energy devices like his airship and submarine direct to electric
generator yet we never hear of those either.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

What mileage are you averaging per day ?

Are you charging it using the wind turbine when the cart is parked up ?

...... or

charging it with the wind turbine whilst using it ?

it is always charging theres always a breeze where i live im sure if i didnt drive it every day it would over charge and mess the batterys up apparently i drive it enough so that it dont happen i guess u could say i made something to accomidate my needs

Wouldn`t that result in the energy you gained from the wind turbine being negated by an increase in drag ??

edit on 28-1-2012 by UmbraSumus because: change of terminology

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

ok the turbine is charging the batterys when the wind is blowing if im driving it or not

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I used to own 8 mobility scooters myself, being somewhat of a user owner turned enthusiast. I used to collect models from all makes and years.. becoming rather intimate with their workings as simple as they are.. a golf cart is just the same thing usually with bigger batteries and higher voltages which are more efficent..

I'd usually be the first to discount such a thing because of the drag involved, but that said it would depend on rider weight, tyre pressure and terrain, as others have said it doesnt take that much energy to keep a kart moving once its accelerated.. infact most karts and scooters alike actually generate their own power to some degree when coasting down hill.. as they control speed and or keep to the governed speed dictated by the controler.. they switch into regenerative braking mode, which turns the motor into a generator.. the charge gained from this some would say is minimal..

but thats where I disagree with what most people seem to think.. as a scooter without regenerative braking abilities, that doesnt wind down and or use the motor to generate down hills which is common on older models and some cheaper scooters actually gets much much less range with the same battery sets as a similar model that does

it could be a factor of simply being a highly efficient motor (as common on later models) decent batteries that are willingly accepting the charge eg.. such as modern AGM/deep cycle/cold crank hybrids.. eg they cost less than so called traction batteries (common use for marine, trucks) and the minimal drag that the turbine generates basically having this machine in what one would think is similar to being in continous regenerative braking mode.

im not saying its 100% proof.. but its viable.. it would however decrease terribly in chances if the load does increase putting strain on the batteries, pulling more amps.. and or the tyres arnt maintained.. something enough to push it further south into using more than it makes..

essencially if what you say is true.. its likely youve found a tiny sweet spot between usage and generation that in this point in time is winning the hair thin band between the 2 extremes...

nothing revolutionary.. but if it works thats great

on the mobility scooter im using at the moment.. it has a tiny battery compartment, its built around 1991.. infact an old suzuki model with a 400w motor.. im making good use of modern battery technology.. lithium ferrite.. as such I enjoy extended range.. and 2 hour quick charges..

I wish you the best with your discovery

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

A stationary wind turbine is a great way to charge your cart free of cost beyond the cost for the turbine. The problem here seems to be that some people are getting the idea that this will run the cart "perpetually". This will not happen. If you don't believe that it takes more energy to propel the turbine through the air than the turbine generates, this is easily tested. Replace the battery with one that has low charge.This will save you testing time. If not then run it down. If you begin the test with low but sufficient charge to power the cart you'll see more quickly that it won't generate enough charge to keep it running.

Not hatin' on anything, just trying to save people from wasting money on something that can't work.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

if you dont run the batterys all the way down it will never need to be recharged because it is constantly recharging its self i am aware that it will not run forever however when its moving its charging and when its its parked its charging im not trying to sell anything just providing information on how to do something if thats what they may try to consider doing its simple and cheap

new topics

top topics

join