It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida bill would allow parents to fire their kids teachers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yeah this is gonna end well... not.

FL lawmakers propose school changes

Two pieces of education legislation are on the table in Tallahassee. Under the Parent Empowerment Act, parents would have the power to fire school staff if they feel the school is not up to par. Under the Parental Involvement and Accountability in the Public Schools Bill, teachers would actually grade parents on their involvement in childrens' schooling.

HB 1191 would give parents power to create a reform plan if their child's school is failing; with enough signatures, fire teachers and administrators or turn the school over to a charter company; move their child out of a classroom if their teacher receives low ratings, and move them into a virtual classroom

Representative Kelli Stargel also filed Parental Involvement and Accountability in the Public Schools Bill, or HB 543, requiring elementary teachers to grade parents on things such as communication, absentee and tardy rates, submission of emergency contact information, and submission of medical records. They'd be marked "satisfactory," "needs improvement," or "unsatisfactory."

When you consider the ``my precious snowflake`` culture and this bill, me thinks it's gonna get real ugly real fast if it passes.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is ridiculous, they need to be making education actually education and not giving out easy A's to appease the parents. This is just absolutely wrong. Maybe parents need to be parents and make sure the kids do the HW. I owe my education and my professional degree to my teachers and I will not let such an integral part of society be treated like this.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is the kind of chaos and stupidity that's going to erupt in enclaves around the country if states rights get enacted.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Sounds like contractors are already chomping at the bit.

Any lobbyists in the house ?

But then again, something like this could actually work in the right atmosphere.

The "firing" criteria would need to be strick and straight forward.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This is the kind of chaos and stupidity that's going to erupt in enclaves around the country if states rights get enacted.

What States rights getting enacted are involved ?

Something to over ride Federal laws ?

Sounds interesting.

This law may violate Federal law ?

Big issues here.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

When you consider the ``my precious snowflake`` culture and this bill, me thinks it's gonna get real ugly real fast if it passes.

Makes perfect sense if there is no "my precious snowflake" or any other disruptive culture going on. Imagine that, a futuristic town filled with knowledgeable citizens who carry a strong system of righteous morals and ethics (including the teachers).

I did say imagine right?

new topics

top topics

join