It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Do you remember when contrails were contrails, and the sky never got tic tac toe'd?*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Seriously, I'm not that old but I remember when you could look up at the sky and see planes, with a nice little contrail that disappeared a short distance behind the plane.

It was in the early to mid 1990's that the "chemtrail" started to appear. I remember. I have liked aircraft from a young age, and have spent my life looking at the sky.

In the early 1990's the jets flying in the sky were real similar to the ones now. In fact many of the same models of jet are still flying. For example the Boeing 737 is southwest airlines plane of choice, and maybe the only type of plane they fly. They flew 737's in the 1980's, just like they do now.

So what changed?

Back on topic, do you remember those days? When you would never ever see a horizon to horizon white trail behind a jet? When you wouldn't see a perfect giant tic tac toe pattern in the sky?

I REMEMBER!!

YOU CAN'T TELL ME THESE ARE JUST CONTRAILS!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I recently had a thought on Chem trails.

Awhile back there was a thread about these strange lines in China Here, and some people on this topic postulated that it might be targeting grids..

My thought has been that maybe our chem trails could also be targeting grids for a satellite. but I could be dead wrong too lol

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
So what changed?

YOU CAN'T TELL ME THESE ARE JUST CONTRAILS!

Air traffic increased at a very rapid pace. There are thousands more planes in YOUR sky then there were in the early 90's.

And I do remember. In fact, I remember asking an aeronautical engineer a question in 1992. I asked him how come some planes leave a line in the sky and how come some don't? I had been wondering this for years since I was a kid in the 70's, but I never had someone I thought might have an answer for me. And apparently I didn't need to know too bad or I would have looked it up in an encyclopedia. So yea, I am just one guy, but I do remember and I am telling you they are just contrails. Way more of them than were here in the past, but still, just contrails.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm 46 years old and live in the flight path of Manchester Airport , UK and can remember CONTRAILS always being present in the sky .

Some people seem to have selective memories that suit whatever fantasy takes their fancy !

Meanwhile , back in the real world .....................

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
No... I don't remember that.

The airplane might look the same as back then, but the engine and interior have changed.

This.

edit on 28-1-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

I always remember contrails as well.

I remember that they used to be contrails, not horizon to horizon streaks, that blend together with other ones to form clouds, that linger all day.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by dawnprince

I always remember contrails as well.

I remember that they used to be contrails, not horizon to horizon streaks, that blend together with other ones to form clouds, that linger all day.

So what do you think These sinister CONTRAILS are doing to us ?
What do you think is the objective of these trails ?
What evidence do you have that the trails are harmfull ?

We all breathe the same air , dude !

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Others have had different observations.

From 1919:

The second German sighting occurred on May 9, 1919, when a pilot flying over Berlin at about 26,000 feet noticed the generation of a cloud stream that extended for about forty miles behind his plane. This stream eventually spread out to form a cloud layer that was about 3,000 feet thick. The pilot saw a similar phenomenon two days later.
www.accessmylibrary.com...

1944:

So an airplane at great heights leaves behind it, stretching for endless miles, a visible "wake" composed of ice particles so tiny that they do not fall as snow but remain suspended in the air.
Source

From 1968:

Daily, for example, hundreds of jet planes crisscross the nation or great parts of it, often leaving fluffy contrails of water vapor, manmade clouds, as a signature of their passage.

Some contrails soon dissapate. Others turn into or are soon followed by high cirruse clouds that can and do influence the earth's heat balance with the sun.

Source

From 1970:

The spreading out of jet contrails into extensive cirrus sheets is a familiar sight. Often, when persistent conditions exist from 25,000 to 40,000ft, several long contrails increase in number and gradually merge into an almost solid interlaced sheet.

journals.ametsoc.org...

1972:

Then there is the matter of cloudiness. The familiar contrails often left by high-flying planes might persist for a long time under some conditions.
Source

Then there's this 1965 Outer Limits episode (at about 0:30).

Twilight Zone from 1985. (at 8:56 and 13:13).

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I certainly remember when there weren't chemtrails in the sky. I live in an area with very little air traffic...so little, in fact, that you could sit out all day staring at the sky and maybe see one jet way up high in a 12 hour period.

That is, except on days preceding a weather front. Then the jets come out, sometimes 4 or 5 at a time, spraying in advance of the front. I've seen them do their spraying. I've seen a passenger jet fly leaving a normal contrail, while the jets from either Holloman or Cannon AFB in New Mexico are in the same sky, spraying their crap. The contrail evaporates while the chemtrails stay put.

I've even seen jets spraying in spurts, leaving broken lines like on a road. You people who say "oh, that's just contrails" crack me up. Explain to me how several jet planes can fly leaving broken contrails. It's insane.

My husband used to be a "contrails" type of guy, until I dragged him outside one day and had him watch the broken lines spraying. He couldn't deny it anymore, there is no other explanation for it....unless the jet pilots were skywriting in Morse code, LOL.

Some people will not believe things even when it's right up in their faces.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

All I can suggest is , stop wasting your time trying to perpetuate a myth and go and do something more constructive with it ..........like study the effects of high altitude barometric pressure .

Have a nice day

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Did you ever notice how clouds sometimes form a solid overcast and at other times they are scattered? Sometimes atmospheric conditions are horizontally consistent and other times they are not. When a plane flies through a "pocket" of air which is conducive to the formation of contrails they will form, when it leaves that pocket they will not. The result is intermittent contrails. Something that has been occurring for as long as planes have been able to fly high enough to produce contrails.

I was now east of Berlin, flying northwest at 27,000 feet when some strange looking objects appeared in the distance ahead. I could see four-black specks leaving intermittent contrails as they climbed swiftly toward me. After surviving the first attack, I dreaded being part of any further engagement. I called the fighters and they assured me they would be along quickly. I didn't know how far back they were.

www.mossie.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Double post !
edit on 28-1-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

No. But I'm only 45.

I understand it was much worse in England in the early 1940s though.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
www.onepagenews.com...

Some of the official cover stories for Chemtrails

All forms of government have weighed in on the matter of Chemtrails. Here is a list of common lies that surround this attack on the human race.

Ice Crystals
Contrails are the 10 to 15 second trails that follow normal commercial aircraft. This is due to ice crystals forming within the vapor trails of normal jet engines. There is one catch with these being submitted as the cause for Chemtrails…they don’t last more than 45 seconds at a top estimate. Chemtrails never subside, and later wisp into cloud looking structures that are later mistaken for natural objects.

Bad Fuel Mix
Various factions of the government have suggested that Chemtrails are the result of bad fuel mixtures. If this were the case, then on any given day, dozens of planes are filling up at the same gas station, which given the nature of airports is a ludicrous assertion.

Reflective Shield Against Global Warming
First and foremost, Global Warming is a scam of the highest order. Secondly, there aren’t enough planes in the world to begin to attempt this charade of cover story. To laden the entire atmosphere with a powder would take thousands of times more planes flying around the clock and it would be a safe estimate that we the people below would be covered head to foot in the fallout. This cover story has been taught to eight graders in America to certify this deadly program as “good” to unsuspecting and trusting children. Lying to children in our mind is the most devious act any adult could ever engage in. If your child has been taught this, it is imperative that you undo this untruth.

The notion of spraying a reflective shield over the planet would have to stand up to the most basic forms of effectiveness before the population below would have to endure being sprayed with toxic levels of aluminum. During the summer of 2010, Los Angeles CA saw no chemtrail spraying from late May to mid September. This defies all logic in terms of protecting a population during its closest exposure to the sun’s supposedly harmful rays. As of mid September the trails have reignited with a steadiness unseen for months. The sheer science of the Global Warming shield is complete and utter nonsense.

When Did Chemtrails Begin?

There is mixed evidence to support varying answers. Most agree that in the late 1990s a more concentrated effort arose to spray every major populated area with Chemtrails. The musician Prince admitted that when he was a young man in the late 1960s early 1970s he would notice Chemtrails sprayed over his neighborhood. There are photographs dating back to the late 1940s that show fleets of planes leaving smoke trails behind, but it is impossible to verify the authenticity nor circumstances behind these photos.

A community in Santa Fe New Mexico noticed a violent increase in Chemtrail occurrence towards the end of 1997. The retirement community is populated with artists who enjoy painting the local vistas and noticed that planes were disrupting the normal blue skies with white trails that never seem to go away, but merged to create hazy cloud like cover.

Seems as though young and old remember when contrails didn't persist.

It also seems as though the three major excuses keep popping up on ATS by the same individuals.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I've never heard the "bad fuel" version but it's the "chemtrail" believers who claim that persistent contrails are evidence of geoengineering. In fact that's what the stupid movie "What in the World are they Spraying" is about.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You mean this movie?

Edit to Add: For those who aren't familiar with G. Edward Griffin:
secure.wikimedia.org...

G. Edward Griffin (born November 7, 1931) is an American film producer, author, and political lecturer.[1] He is perhaps best known as the author of The Creature from Jekyll Island (1994), a critique of much modern economic theory and practice, specifically the Federal Reserve System.

I'd categorize him as a white hat.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
hi all ! i am new to the forum so please be gentle with me.
i just had to join after reading some of the above posts. where i live in on the north east coast of england i observe chemtrails all the time. in the last 2 years they have increased 10 fold. the planes fly 2 abreast sometimes 3 . the come in over the coast and then turn over my little fishing town and start spraying. when they have passed the major populated area they then switch them of!!! these are definitely not contrail.
Also i might add that its not really a conspiracy anymore since the government has already admitted the fact and say its for geo-engineering the planet to save us all from global warming!!!
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mrtripp

I don't see anything thing in that article about any geoegineering being done, only several methods which are being looked at. They also talk about space reflectors and mirrors on Earth's surface.

I didn't know the Royal Society was part of the UK government.

edit on 1/28/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The Royal Society is probably like the Skull & Bones society.
Just as two Bonesmen were running for president at the same time, I'm sure that the members of the Royal Society are held in the same snotty esteem by the government.

I didn't know spraying aerosols in the sky is considered natural science.
secure.wikimedia.org...

The Royal Society of London for Improving Natural Knowledge, known simply as the Royal Society, is a learned society for science, and is possibly the oldest such society in existence.[1] Founded in November 1660, it was granted a Royal Charter by King Charles II as the "Royal Society of London". The Society today acts as a scientific advisor to the British government, receiving a parliamentary grant-in-aid. The Society acts as the UK's Academy of Sciences, and funds research fellowships and scientific start-up companies.

The Society is governed by its Council, which is chaired by the Society's President, according to a set of Statutes and Standing Orders. The members of Council and the President are elected from and by its Fellows, the basic members of the Society, who are themselves elected by existing Fellows. There are currently 1,314 Fellows, allowed to use the postnominal title FRS (Fellow of the Royal Society), with 44 new Fellows appointed each year. There are also Royal Fellows, Honorary Fellows and Foreign Fellows, the last of which are allowed to use their postnominal title ForMemRS (Foreign Member of the Royal Society). The current Royal Society President is Sir Paul Nurse, who took up the position on 30 November 2010.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

you people who believe in chemtrails don't look at the big picture at all.

You are so wrapped up in conspiracy wonderland, that you fail to even check the air outside of your little box.

If we are being, and have been sprayed since the 90's, then you had better find out who is doing it and THANK them.
Here is why.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join