It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey bill to give power to the attorney general to BAN AMMO. Vote on Jan. 30

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

I was just being facetious , notice the
at the end. I was really making fun of an earlier post to section "k" referring to handcuffs being illegal!.
Thank you for reading/replying to my post and star for you!
brice

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
East coast ,West coast they just compete with ignorance where there are too many people,If you really want sovereignty,leave,get the hell out before something really stupid happens,but rest assured if "they" try something Kalifornian,Washington and NY/NJ will be the canary in the mine for the rest of the country.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by brice

cool bro.

Also makes me wonder, as national guard, they would issue us "flex cuffs" actually just large wire ties/zippie ties.

Are they going to outlaw large wire ties now ?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
reply to post by brice

cool bro.

Also makes me wonder, as national guard, they would issue us "flex cuffs" actually just large wire ties/zippie ties.

Are they going to outlaw large wire ties now ?

Yeah, those and rope.

Steak knives, sticks and rocks soon to follow.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Sorry, I was thinking more along the lines of what my AK74 runs, and 5.45x39mm only comes in hollow point and FMJ on the US market.

Those would obviously still be legal but why such absurd restrictions need to be put into place against certain types of ammo (much less hollow points, a type normally used for self defense and hunting purposes AFAIK) in the first place is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I completely LOVE how they're referencing the SS190AP, like it is the finger of god or something.

I wonder, does NJ know that 7.62x25 Tok ammo will defeat NiJ body armor? I bet my 125gr 9x25 Dillion load would too, it moves much faster than IIIA's limits for .357 Sig. Outta my 6" barrel I'm gettin 1,700 fps.

I wonder if they know that w/o the armor plates any serious rifle round will defeat body armor?

NJ what a land of liberty...

Derek

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

They have no clue. I used to think that they really did know their bills were completely pointless but I have since decided I cannot give legislators that much credit.

The special kids have taken control of the short bus and are happily driving it off a cliff.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Chances are they will start with a bill defining what an "assault knife" is, and go from there. 5 years from now every one in NJ will be eating with spoons and chopsticks. (of course the chopsticks will be regulated for length and sharpness).

Restaurants will, with a background check, and special permit, be allowed to retain a limited number of butter knives at their place of business.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

Actually I have no idea what is out there for simply the component bullet for 5.45mm.

Do you know what caliber it equates to? I know I could do the math on it BUT, my 10mm uses the same bullet as a 40 cal, although to do the math 10mm is more like .3928 inches....(or something like that)

I know 5.56 = .223, but I'd hate to select the bullet diameter simply by doing the math.

All of my reloading manuals are from the mid 90's, AK74 was not popular then.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

The wikipedia page for 5.45X39 cartridge lists an actual bullet diameter of 5.62mm, which is .221 inches.

The bullet diameter listed for the 5.56x45 NATO round is 5.7 mm, equating to .224 inches. It is a kind of convoluted story about how the .223 Remington cartridge got it's name.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

According to my time researching it on various gun forums, (and wikipedia...) it equates to a .221 caliber; smaller than a .22LR by .001 of an inch.

In fact, the restrictions that have been be put into place by the ATF that require recording multiple sales in border states of rifles larger than .22 caliber technically do not apply to a 5.45 rifle. So my Tantal and Intrac Mk.II have probably doubled in value in Texas.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well, looks like your reloading options are almost non existent.
Sierra lists 204, then 223
Hornady lists 204 then 222
Nosler appears to be 204 then 224

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Well, looks like your reloading options are almost non existent.
Sierra lists 204, then 223
Hornady lists 204 then 222
Nosler appears to be 204 then 224

I was reading up a bit, there apparently are options for those who want to reload 5.45X39. One guy swages .224 bullets down to .221 diameter.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is why theyre banning BB's and airsoft pellets:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

This is sadly true.

I'm instead planning on stocking up on as many 1080 round "spam cans" of 5.45 as I can before the SHTF. They run about $150 shipped, so it is luckily some of the cheapest centerfire ammo around.

I'm also planning on getting an AR15 or at least a Kel-Tec SU16C (basically a 4.6 pound AR/AK hybrid in a polymer shell) in the event my 5.45 supply completely dries up and I have to use .223/5.56x45mm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join