It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey bill to give power to the attorney general to BAN AMMO. Vote on Jan. 30

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

WW3 is fought with cap guns ?

what?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I doubt it'll get passed, however I feel like playing devils advocate on this one. If the state and the People of NJ wants to ban Ammo, then thats the states right I suppose?

Best argument I can come up for this.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 1/28/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Which is it? This:

Any person, other than a law enforcement officer or persons engaged in activities pursuant to subsection f. of N.J.S.2C:39-6, who knowingly has in his possession any hollow nose or dum-dum bullet...is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

Or this:

(2) a. Nothing in subsection f. (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling or land...

Those two sections are directly in conflict with each other.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
I doubt it'll get passed, however I feel like playing devils advocate on this one. If the state and the People of NJ wants to ban Ammo, then thats the states right I suppose?

Best argument I can come up for this.

This won't be voted on by the people. This is legislation "for their own good".

/TOA

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

So glad I moved away from that dump.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

The problem is that "armor piercing" is a very vague term.

For example, 5.56x45mm and 7.62x39mm, two popular rounds for civillian shooters, would be considered "armor piercing" by the definition of the law in question even in a standard full metal jacket or "ball" configuration without any of the specific armor piercing specifications listed in the bill.

It mentions the threat to police officers as a primary reason to ban a type of ammo; Since most cops aren't going to be wearing body armor above IIIA soft armor, either one of the aforementioned rounds (or just about any modern centerfire rifle round for that matter) could easily be considered "armor piercing" because they will penetrate the body armor worn by the vast majority of police officers on a day to day basis.

Although the actual banning of full metal jacket ammo will have to be done by the attorney general, because it is not specifically banned in the bill.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Apparently FMJ is only type of ammo allowed in New Jersey under this law.

Interesting observation...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Guns are not for hunting, thats what grocery stores are for. Guns are for keeping the government outta my bedroom and off of my hand cuffs!

P.S. I don't have a gun! I cheer those that do!
brice

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Jersey Deer hunters will just buy their ammo in Pennsylvania every year as they always do.

Pennsylvania's been bankin money off of those Jersey hunters for decades. Most of them even have hunting lodges in Pennsylvania where they keep their guns and ammo.....to avoid Jersey's lunacy.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

As I just keep on saying, the weapon of choice is the long bow.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Looks like I will have to get a more powerful gun and bigger ammo, Barret .50 caliber anyone?

and your lawful purpose for that would be?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Whatever gave you the impression that the criminals won't
be able to get ammo?Trust me,the criminals WILL find a way
to get whatever they need.Those who will be affected by this
will be the law abiding citizens.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Maybe people should learn to reload their own.
Start buying the equipment they will need while
they can.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Whatever gave you the impression that the criminals won't
be able to get ammo?Trust me,the criminals WILL find a way
to get whatever they need.Those who will be affected by this
will be the law abiding citizens.

I never meant that. I was being sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Just a tad off...diameter of 00 buck is .33, and the shell contains only 9 pellets....but your point is still valid.
reply to post by youdidntseeme

It is your tad that is off.

The poster stipulated 3" magnum, which would be 12 pellets in 00 buck. Your 9 pellet load would be found in the typical 2-3/4" load.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FTD Brat
reply to post by The Old American

Apparently FMJ is only type of ammo allowed in New Jersey under this law.

Interesting observation...

Sounds to me like JSP, and wadcutters, and perhaps FPJ are still legal.

Did I miss something?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by brice
Guns are not for hunting, thats what grocery stores are for. Guns are for keeping the government outta my bedroom and off of my hand cuffs!

P.S. I don't have a gun! I cheer those that do!
brice

Actually deer season is the main thing that allowed me to afford to eat during college.

$10 deer tag + one 3030 shell = 150 lbs of meat.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Yep, way to go NJ.
And here is the Gun Control going "under the radar".

As a life-long New Jersey resident (and gun owner) I have numeorus anecdotal situations that underscore the slow erosion of our second ammendment rights. The most egregious was when I went with a friend of mine to the town of Montclair (which is one town over from where I live) to help him fill out a federal firearms and state handgun purchaser's identification and application. We were told by the duty officer that the town had given out their 'amount' of applications for the year (this was June) and he would have to come back next year. I made a quick call to a friend at the National Rifle Association after leaving and he was able to get the proper paperwork the next week.

It is instances such as this that, if allowed to go unchecked, minimize our constitutional rights and guarantees. Why would any town be able to abridge the constitution based on 'quotas'? I envy those of you who can freely excersise your second ammendment rights fully while I have to order 'New Jersey compliant' weapons and ammunition. I feel like the solider on the first page, using my AR-10 (can not say 'Colt', have a full-automatic option, flash suppresor, collaspable stock or pistol grip) as a bow.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
good

the days of the people being able to stand up to their gov't with arms ended with the first bomb dropped from a plane, and now with predator drones it's a ridiculously one sided affair

so I don't want the average street corner thug or depressed teenager having super deadly weapons
edit on 29-1-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join