It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey bill to give power to the attorney general to BAN AMMO. Vote on Jan. 30

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
What the freaking hell?

NJ ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AMMO BAN & MORE!

A588 would enable the Attorney General to ban handgun and rifle ammunition by executive fiat.

Common hunting, target, and self-defense ammunition would be subject to ban under A588, along with BB’s, airgun pellets, and plastic airsoft pellets!

Additional legislation being considered (A1013) could land gun owners in jail for refinished or damaged firearms that might be deemed “defaced”

On Monday, January 30 at 2:00 p.m. the New Jersey Assembly Law & Public Safety Committee is scheduled to consider A588, legislation that would enable the Attorney General to ban all handgun and most rifle ammunition if he unilaterally determines that it “poses a threat to the safety and well being of law enforcement officers.”

Seriously... New Jersey just outdone New York or Chicago in stupidity!
edit on 28-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Unconstitutional. The ammo is the most important part of the arms in question. A law against ammo has the affect of barring people bearing arms, which is unconstitutional.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Unconstitutional. The ammo is the most important part of the arms in question. A law against ammo has the affect of barring people bearing arms, which is unconstitutional.

But if you are against banning ammo, you want babies and women and cops to die... you don't want that now do you?

(this is the actual argument gun grabbers use)

Also this one :
If you ban ammo, criminals will not be able to commit crimes anymore!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I will step out on a limb and say that this bill will not pass.

If the vote is even close, I will be surprised.

If it does pass, and the populace remains in their slumber, it will be too late for them.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Of course! Because this law is totally gonna keep ammo out of the criminals' hands, thus *poof* no more gun violence! Yes!

/sarcasm.

edit on 28-1-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I will step out on a limb and say that this bill will not pass.

If the vote is even close, I will be surprised.

If it does pass, and the populace remains in their slumber, it will be too late for them.

It will pass. Bet on it.

It ``gives the power to the attorney general to ban ammo``... it doesn't ``ban ammo`` outright.

So that's why they gonna pass it. The attorney general will say that he will not use that power... just like Obama with NDAA... then some cops will get killed or they still stage something and boom, ammo will be banned.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Maybe my common sense is a little rusty, but isn't ammo kinda a crucial part of the 2nd amendment?

What the hell are we suppose to do with our guns without ammo?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

What the hell are we suppose to do with our guns without ammo?

You RELOAD... That's why I reload anyways.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If it does pass, that means when they ban ammo it will as hard to buy as heroin on the streets of Trenton (or Camden).

Opens up a whole new market for street gangs.
edit on 28-1-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They didn't say anything about dart guns. Guess I'll be stocking up on CO2 cartridges and poison.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I love the pic bt you still don't have ammo (arrow) in the pic.

but they'll probably ban that too

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
New Jersey bill to give power to the attorney general to BAN AMMO

No, it doesn't.

Well ... at least not for those willing to read through the bill in its entirety.

www.njleg.state.nj.us...
(2) a. Nothing in subsection f. (1) shall be construed to prevent a person from keeping such ammunition at his dwelling, premises or other land owned or possessed by him, or from carrying such ammunition from the place of purchase to said dwelling or land, nor shall subsection f. (1) be construed to prevent any licensed retail or wholesale firearms dealer from possessing such ammunition at its licensed premises, provided that the seller of any such ammunition shall maintain a record of the name, age and place of residence of any purchaser who is not a licensed dealer, together with the date of sale and quantity of ammunition sold.

However, any New Jersey residents who might fancy a bit of kink behind closed doors may want to make note of Section K ...

k. Handcuffs. Any person who knowingly has in his possession handcuffs as defined in P.L.1991 ...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
time to go back to black powder and lead shot with flintlock pistols/rifles?

but with any sort of rules there will be some way around it...wonder if you could make some sort of gundowder fired solid steel crossbow

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Actually, I don't see airsoft pellets, or even common hunting or target rounds listed in the bill

e-lobbyist.com...

But it does include slingshots, and handcuffs.

So little 7 year old Bill plinking at a soda can with his slingshot is now a criminal.

If you and your partner enjoy using handcuffs on each other.....uh,you get the picture.....you are now criminals.

(a) ammunition primarily designed for use in a handgun, and (b) which is comprised of a bullet whose core or jacket, if the jacket is thicker than .025 of an inch, is made of tungsten carbide, or hard bronze, or other material which is harder than a rating of 72 or greater on the Rockwell B. Hardness Scale, and (c) is therefore capable of breaching or penetrating body armor, or (3) any person, other than a law enforcement officer, who knowingly has in his possession handgun ammunition which (a) has a full metal jacket and an ogive with a steel penetrator tip followed by an aluminum core and is therefore capable of breaching or penetrating body armor, o

ertain weapons. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any gravity knife, switchblade knife, dagger, dirk, stiletto, billy, blackjack, metal knuckle, sandclub, slingshot, cestus or similar leather band studded with metal filings or razor blades imbedded in wood, ballistic knife, without any explainable lawful purpose, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

"Similar leather band studded with metal filings"?? I believe I can find a belt at Wal-Mart that fits that description.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
time to go back to black powder and lead shot with flintlock pistols/rifles?

but with any sort of rules there will be some way around it...wonder if you could make some sort of gundowder fired solid steel crossbow

I like the way you think. You can sit next to me on the train to the FEMA Camp

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Looks like I will have to get a more powerful gun and bigger ammo, Barret .50 caliber anyone?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Yep, way to go NJ.
And here is the Gun Control going "under the radar".

Now deemed as "Gun Reform".

Piece by piece, brick by brick, the Govt will take away your rights.
Just another reason to stay the hell away from the North East.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

Absolutely! Its a run-around method of banning personal firearms. WTH!

And so this is how it begins...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

(b) after testing, the Attorney General determines poses a threat to the safety and well being of law enforcement officers because of the materials, be they metallic or nonmetallic, used in its composition or because its ogive, core or jacket are of a design, construction or formulation which makes it capable of breaching or penetrating body armor, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

So basically, if the Attorney General decides that one type of ammo is ``dangerous`` for cops aka armor piercing, he can ban them.

But quite the slippery slope there.

The language, as usual, is very vague, it doesn't define what penetrating or breaching body armor means so there's lots of potential for abuse. Basically they can ban anything they want if they twist the truth enough.

The bill is total garbage because as always, it's written by gun grabbers who don't know what the hell they are talking about.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

You RELOAD... That's why I reload anyways.

Yea, from the bill it looks like brass, primers, and powder are still legal.

Also does not ban bullet molds or casting equipment.

Since the bill seems to focus on "bullet", looks like shot-shells are still legal.

Good deal, I prefer a round of 00 Buck to a 9mm anyway.
edit on 28-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join