It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmaker Avoids Breathalyzer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Special rights for certain people in the government. Here's just one example. In the state constitution for Colorado, it states that you cannot detain a state representative on the way to or from the state capitol.
Okay, so this lady who is a state Rep. named Laura Bradford was pulled over for driving like she was drunk. The officer said he smelled alcohol on her breath and she ADMITTED right then and there that she had been drinking. All she got was a ticket and a cab ride home. Anyone else would get hauled off but I guess Ms. Bradford is special, she could have hurt someone.

Here's a link to the story from a local news site.
Laura Bradford special treatment.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It may not be what one would consider "fair", however, this was done properly. I would venture to guess that many states' constitutions say virtually the same thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slash
Special rights for certain people in the government. Here's just one example. In the state constitution for Colorado, it states that you cannot detain a state representative on the way to or from the state capitol.
Okay, so this lady who is a state Rep. named Laura Bradford was pulled over for driving like she was drunk. The officer said he smelled alcohol on her breath and she ADMITTED right then and there that she had been drinking. All she got was a ticket and a cab ride home. Anyone else would get hauled off but I guess Ms. Bradford is special, she could have hurt someone.

Here's a link to the story from a local news site.
Laura Bradford special treatment.

I lost a job once because as an adult who never needed his license, I was pulled over for being 0.018. Legally over the limit for a p-plater. I was in my mid 30's and without my license I was unable to do my job. I was not drunk, but still over the limit for a little kid. Despite being an adult.

The cops didn't care, I was over the limit for an 18 year old. So they did me in.

This is a joke... if the law exists for a reason, then it should not matter who she was or if she was going from the state capitol especially when the woman was obviously displaying drunk behaviour...

"Yessir, I killed a man. But I did it correctly under law. *RASPBERRIES*"

edit on 28-1-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Slash

It is my considered opinion that law makers/law enforcers should be role models where law is concerned. Above all; who so ever swears an oath to uphold the laws and/or ideals of the peoples they serve, should face three-fold the judgement for violation of said laws and/or ideals. For one who holds high office, treason should be the charge. Perhaps values of this nature would convince less honest and immoral people to choose a path other than politics.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I bet if she would have run over a person, she still wouldn't have ended up in jail.

If you are a politician, a cop, a judge or a rich guy, laws don't apply to you.

top topics

join