It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on finding old posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I have a question about the layout on the members profile pages.

In the past, there was an option to see the oldest posts first. Why is that option not available?

Instead it reads:
“800 posts sorted by creation day, most recent first”
Now I realize that 800 posts is plenty, but for posters who are active repliers that only goes back to the last year or two.

I found the option to see old posts very helpful when trying to find interesting threads and I know that a certain poster made excellent points and some even had very relevant links to back up their claims. I would like to have that option of being able to go back and easily find the link for future research and reference points.
I’ve tried using the search function, but that too only gives me the top ten listings and even then the dates don’t go back far enough. It’s very frustrating to not have the original ease of revisiting the older posts.

Am I missing a way to search for older posts and can there be a way to “archive” older posts on the next new and improved version of ATS?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I am a new bee on this site and so far i love it, but you do have a valed point. I myself love to cross check others work and do my own reaserch as well. you seem you know alot about how this works, and my goal is to come across people who know what they are talking about or have real info to back their work up. if your like my self then i would like if you can add me i would like to follow certin works. thanks

join