It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To anyone surprised about Google's privacy policy changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The only two Google services I use, are search and YouTube. I've never had any expectation of privacy, or for them to remotely do the right thing by me, from the word go.

They're a corporation. The fact that anybody is remotely shocked by this, simply demonstrates how naive you are.

Yes, they will record, extract, or otherwise obtain whatever information about you that they can, and sell it. They've almost certainly been doing that already, long before they made this statement.

Yes, they will control what you can or cannot upload, transmit, or otherwise express via YouTube, or whatever other service they own or run.

Yes, they will arbitrarily deny you access to their services or network whenever they feel like it, including (or especially) when doing such would cause your loss of access to valuable data.

And yes, they will capitulate, instantly and at a moment's notice, to any and all requests that government makes concerning you. If the government wants any element of your information, Google will hand it over. If the government wants a video or document you've uploaded, blocked, Google will block it. If the government wants a blanket blackout or lockdown of all of Google's services, Google will immediately provide it.

You have no rights with Google at all. They do not care about you in the slightest. You are a potential source of revenue (and information, which means more revenue) to them, and absolutely nothing more. The proverbial milch cow or blood bag.

Understand that; and understand that if you want a scenario where you have rights online, that Google's services, (or any centralised, corporate-run, Web-only abomination for that matter) are not something you should use.

If you want freedom, you need to exercise responsibility. This means learning to use the older protocols which exist, irrespective of their comparitive lack of superficial convenience. If you are not prepared to do this, then you deserve everything these corporations are willing to do to you, and you also do not deserve anyone's sympathy.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Pretty soon they will be trying to say what apps i can or cant download on my Android! This is getting ridiculous..I hope they dont do that...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TgP3o6

Ooops! I just got censored. ATS/Google connection a bit of a touchy subject?
edit on 28-1-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

join